Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hope it has onboard audio like Hagrids, Hulk, and rip ride instead of the awkward silence on Velocicoaster. Either way, this coaster will be miles better than the horrible tram and bus versions found on both coasts.

Finally got in touch with someone over this rumor. There are apparently several proposals for this addition ranging from budget-friendly, to blue sky, to somewhere in between. A matter of how Universal wants to go about the future of the park.

Will also mention the layout appears to be set in most versions except for one or two, with the one being significantly shorter, but that most have its layout as pretty beefy.

Last edited:
Finally got in touch with someone over this rumor. There are apparently several proposals for this addition ranging from budget-friendly, to blue sky, to somewhere in between. A matter of how Universal wants to go about the future of the park.

So like, waiting to see if the Fat Plumber doesn't become a Hogsmeade 2.0?

Given the three Characters shops, plus whatever CityWalk gets, they are seemingly aiming for a merchandizing takeover of how much they can stuff. Hopefully things don't go as a repeat.

Hopefully not budget friendly. Every F&F addition has been budget friendly and look how it turned out on both coasts.

I hope F&F gets something a bit more elaborate than just a naked coaster. I want a ride where I can sit in on of the cars from the movies (like the DeLorean from BttF) and a road to ride on (simulated), stunts and near crashes.

I hope F&F gets something a bit more elaborate than just a naked coaster. I want a ride where I can sit in on of the cars from the movies (like the DeLorean from BttF) and a road to ride on (simulated), stunts and near crashes.
While I do hope they is at least some scenic along the coaster track, the park needs a good high thrill coaster. If they focus on that while having a decent queue and station, I’m happy.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
I like the idea of a thrill coaster here, just as long as it isn't completely bare bones.
I'm not necessarily asking for Gringotts or Mummy here, fully indoors, but something like Velocicoaster, with a highly themed queue and trains, with a basic story and a few jokes in the pre show before a crazy fun launch coaster

Universal has been investing a lot lately. JW
I don't consider this a major investment and I opened the ride in 2019. As a Jurassic fan, it was half-hearted & lazy (like the new trilogy), with most of the money dumped into screenzzz & the I-Rex that will function every so often.

The F&F films declined severely after Paul Walker passed. I'm cringing at the thought of the queue video for this new coaster. I'm hoping for a great quality new ride addition, but the franchise track record doesn't set the bar very high

Reactions: Disneyhead
Universal has been investing a lot lately. JW, SLOP and Super Nintendo are significant. Hopefully they continue this trend with this ride.
Isn’t SLOP consider a FLOP by UC because of complaints from riders re-space in vehicles and poor capacity? Also JW took 2 tries.

Not trying to be negative, but I could see them cutting back if what I believe to be true, is true…

Reactions: Wesker69