Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very exciting news!

Hope this has single rider from day 1.
If it's Velocicoaster good I'll spend 50% of my day on it!

Hypothetically speaking, I've always kind of thought of this to be a prototype of a Thrill-Spinning Coaster, like how Mack has the X-Treme Spin; with using the controlled spins to emulate that of when the cars drift from one direction to the other.

Reactions: shiekra38
I imagine they’ll just keep it as is. The park can have more than one attraction under the same IP like how Disneyland has 3-4 Star Wars rides. Just the story and setting will be different.
The tram had a Mummy finale alongside a Mummy coaster in the lower lot for years. No reason they won't keep Supercharged, at least in the short term.
Let’s also not forget that had it not been for Van Helsing, USH would’ve had three Mummy attractions in the park! They also had that year-round Mummy maze that was converted into Van Helsing in 2004.

But yeah, just because we’re finally getting a proper F&F ride doesn’t mean they’re going to axe Supercharged. I don’t see it leaving until 2026 at the earliest. I imagine they’ll be more concerned about Bourne if the rumors are true and replacing Simpsons since that will be close to the timeline when the contract ends.

Also 2025 will be the magical 10 year mark that Supercharged will have been open, which is the minimum amount of lifetime they want out of any major park addition. I doubt they’re rubbing their hands saying “It’s been a decade! We need to scramble to find a replacement! NOW!” as they likely have other projects lined up as I mentioned. I wouldn’t get too excited over Supercharged leaving just yet.

Also, let’s be real: what’s the rush to replace Supercharged? Yeah the ride isn’t great, but unless there’s another valuable IP to replace that section on the Tour with, I think it’s just gonna stay put for a little while longer.

giphy.gif

Assuming this has to do with the fact that Mummy has been on death's door for year after year after year; but I wonder if you might be referring to Supercharged. It is hitting year 10 in it's lifecycle in nearly less than two years from now; and Thierry has called out the attraction's nature. Kind of hoping on both.

As a status report: P409 (Hollywood Drift) has now since been edited to omit the vital information.
It actually goes much farther than this, as over 1000 permits have now been purged from the LA County permit site. If only they knew earlier the frequency to which I've bene checking the site they would've done this much earlier lol. At least I still have a couple of documents still downloaded, even if they're for cancelled or completed projects

Last edited: