Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dude's more bent on being right about things being wrong than he is about actually being excited for projects. If it make him happy, let him be.
Oh I am excited about this project. Maybe I didn't post that, but don't just assume that I am not. I am trying to have a little fun with my post. Is that such a bad thing?

But now that Disneyland announced their new ride for January 27, perhaps we will see soft openings sooner for SNW. Maybe we won't. Mickey's Toon Town won't even be ready by January 27 if I am reading stories correctly. USH wants to get this right. Let's let them and if we have to wait, then we wait.

Reactions: Freak
Pipe dream: They retheme the Supercharged building like we’re going into the Universal Archives to see “where all the Universal history” is stored, but something happens and the tram gets sucked into said history, and the big finale of both the experience (and the tour itself) is a journey through it featuring as many of Universal’s iconic characters and movies/scenes as they can fit in.

That said, I personally can’t imagine Supercharged will still be open as it is when the coaster opens, so hopefully it’ll close down close to the coaster’s opening to start converting it over to something else, and I’m praying they don’t just take the Supercharged footage and slap it onto the coaster experience somehow.

I got a lookie at that concept art.

Looks really good, but it looks kinda short? I know it’s just concept art but hopefully there’s more track behind that building.

Also that “warehouse” looks a little more simplistic and sleek than I thought. I think it’s fine? Kinda feels a little Cedar Fair-ish too me.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper

Looks really good, but it looks kinda short? I know it’s just concept art but hopefully there’s more track behind that building.

Also that “warehouse” looks a little more simplistic and sleek than I thought. I think it’s fine? Kinda feels a little Cedar Fair-ish too me.
It definitely isn’t showing the whole thing, as you can’t see the lower lot portion

The permit did call for the coaster to go down to the Lower Lot; so this isn't really the final layout. Honestly, makes me really curious where they go from what this artwork shows.

The early concept art looks good. Can’t see the whole layout but I hope it’s somewhat long. Also looks like part of the Simpson land is rethemed or just omitted for the sale of the early art.

Reactions: alias8703

It looks really good, but it looks like something out of Universal's comfort zone. It just doesn't look like something you'd see at a Universal park. I'm not too familiar with Cedar Fair, so I can't compare it to that. I'm still hoping for an indoor F&F coaster to replace Supercharged in Orlando and this new drifting coaster could open the door for that.

Reactions: MatheusPG
It looks really good, but it looks like something out of Universal's comfort zone. It just doesn't look like something you'd see at a Universal park. I'm not too familiar with Cedar Fair, so I can't compare it to that. I'm still hoping for an indoor F&F coaster to replace Supercharged in Orlando and this new drifting coaster could open the door for that.

Is it really all that different from VelociCoaster?

Visually, it's a bit brash without the lush trees and rockwork that VC has but the spinning cars will add a lot to it.

On the car front, I hope the cars are varied between all the trains.

Is it really all that different from VelociCoaster?

Visually, it's a bit brash without the lush trees and rockwork that VC has but the spinning cars will add a lot to it.

On the car front, I hope the cars are varied between all the trains.
VelociCoaster was somewhat out of Universal's comfort zone, really just the top hat, but it's a standard launch coaster. This new coaster is drastically different from any other roller coaster Universal has created. It feels like something you'd see at Busch Gardens or Sea World. That isn't a bad thing either.

How can we say this is drastically different than any coaster universal has created when you have. . .'
20141102-_DSC2407.JPG

and

157ad25f59c6b866308d523c44a784fab0db2881_00.jpg

and

2hm3v85z5s581.jpg

and the long gone. . .

dueling-dragons-layout.jpg

So how would this coaster be any different?

Reactions: baconwhiskers