Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
I think the opening scene they’ve used in Hollywood is great in itself, but doesn’t need repeating for Orlando. Update the animatronics and we’re good to go for another 20 years. I’m guessing any investment will require a marketing benefit, so I expect a J World update for purely marketing reasons - but is hope they cut the first scene from the Orlando version. I feel it would ruin the vibe.

Shocked they haven’t brought the bar over from a Hollywood yet though, that’s a sure hit.

I said it before and I'll say it again, they should just figure out a way to get an "underwater viewing" area next to the lagoon like they have at SeaWorld. Use the same Parralax Tech/screens that the ride in Hollywood has, have the mosasaur peacefully swim by most of the time and then occasionally ram the screen with a water burst effect. This way you dont ruin the "Map of the park by having the mosasaur lagoon as the main lagoon and it somehow connect to the River adventure. Also gives a cool down station to the area. You are welcome Universal Creative....

mosalagoon.png
Edited the original image with a quick Photoshop Mosasaurus

Last edited:
I said it before and I'll say it again, they should just figure out a way to get an "underwater viewing" area next to the lagoon like they have at SeaWorld. Use the same Parralax Tech/screens that the ride in Hollywood has, have the mosasaur peacefully swim by most of the time and then occasionally ram the screen with a water burst effect. This way you dont ruin the "Map of the park by having the mosasaur lagoon as the main lagoon and it somehow connect to the River adventure. Also gives a cool down station to the area. You are welcome Universal Creative....

View attachment 17880
Lol I can’t with some posts.

View attachment 17880
If they were building JPRA today, something like this in the queue would be fun

You laugh, but this is a really simple and effective way to add some life to this land. I'd love if all of IOA had small things like this scattered about
I don’t think it’s a bad idea but I find it funny when people think they know better than Uni Creative and then proceed to brag about it. Nothing wrong with sharing ideas but to be arrogant and a little self righteous just bothers me a little.

I agree with the sentiment, but the parallax issue (generally) stems from movement. If this is what they do in hollywood, they can track the movement of the boat and will have calculated all of the viewing angles from the boat to offer proper perspective across the screens as the boat moves down the track. The larger issue here, is to create a realistic depth in an environment for such a display or a show (i.e you can get up so close to the glass and peer in like a sea world tank) would simply not be cheap , perhaps something you'd want to take a few steps away from guest. They'd have to simulate from multiple perspectives, probably in real time the amount of volume they wish to portray on the screens, multiple virtual camera angles, capturing the movement of a hi res virtual object at real world scale, then blown up and thrown to some kind of ultra high-def hybrid display that is tracking all this information and movement... The current solutions to best approach the design of something like this are quite frankly, not inexpensive. I don't know if you could justify doing something like this... Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable?... It'd probably have to be a rehearsed show. Would they spend the money to do it??? Probably, not.

The most plausible, doable rendition (screens and pre recorded 3d video) would come off as cheap in the park at the perspective were talking about (looking at you toothsome, though toothsome's screens are effective for playful, atmospheric dining ambiance and service the theme), and to do mosasaur "the show". I mean, you're talking going big just out of necessity to service the concept.

It's not a bad idea, I think it's awesome. "How" is probably the killer though.

I don’t think it’s a bad idea but I find it funny when people think they know better than Uni Creative and then proceed to brag about it. Nothing wrong with sharing ideas but to be arrogant and a little self righteous just bothers me a little.

Who was being arrogant? I didn't say that my idea was better then some UC comes up with. It already is UC's idea, I just moved it to its own thing away from the River adventure to add more immersion to the land. They already have a Mosasaurus Plaque in front of the IOA lagoon hinting that's where it lives. Just trying to have a bit of fun here, you should try it sometime.

Who was being arrogant? I didn't say that my idea was better then some UC comes up with. It already is UC's idea, I just moved it to its own thing away from the River adventure to add more immersion to the land. They already have a Mosasaurus Plaque in front of the IOA lagoon hinting that's where it lives. Just trying to have a bit of fun here, you should try it sometime.
Yeah I'm not really understanding how a simple post threw the entire thread like that lol. Saying "You're welcome Universal Creative" is clearly tongue-in-cheek

I wish there was a way that they could create the illusion of the Mosasaurus actually being in the lagoon, but it would just be incredibly difficult to do.

Yeah I'm not really understanding how a simple post threw the entire thread like that lol. Saying "You're welcome Universal Creative" is clearly tongue-in-cheek

I wish there was a way that they could create the illusion of the Mosasaurus actually being in the lagoon, but it would just be incredibly difficult to do.
It was just my opinion I wasn’t trying to derail the thread whatever that means.

interesting development from a few days ago, the ultrasaur seems to be stuck in the neck all the way up position. Overall not a terrible look for the scene, kinda cool to see it like that right from the gate. Sorry if this is not a rare thing, it's the first time I've seen it.

Is this expected to go down for seasonal refurbishment soon? I don’t see it on any refurbishment calendars, but I would hate to miss it during my January trip.