Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

They appear to have quit using virtual line for Hagrids - it wasn’t used at all from what I could tell over the holiday.

Now that it’s pretty much gone… the trick to getting a spot was to go to the website at 8:50ish for the initial drop on a normal web browser from wherever, grab a reservation, and then don’t go back to the website until you’re in the park and ready to ride. If you didn’t go back to the website, your return time could have “passed” but it wouldn’t know and wouldn’t start the 30 minute clock on your QR code until you visited the website again.
I mean I get it, if everyone knows the trick it won't work. But holy crap this is genius. Damn you! :cheers:

Got to ride this for the first time last Tuesday. Wow what a ride. It broke down around 7pm and the staff said to pretty much go do something else because its probably not going to reopen so close to the park closing. Well we stuck around the entrance and voila ! It opened back up at 7:30. Go to ride front row and at night. It was amazing !

Got to ride this for the first time last Tuesday. Wow what a ride. It broke down around 7pm and the staff said to pretty much go do something else because its probably not going to reopen so close to the park closing. Well we stuck around the entrance and voila ! It opened back up at 7:30. Go to ride front row and at night. It was amazing !
Front row at night is amazing. About my fifth ride I took a date and we were put in the front for her first ride. I put her on the bike :grin:

Please the drop track, is it soft landing or a jolt?

I can’t tell from YouTube.

IMO the bigger "jolt" is the start of the drop becasue you don't quite know exactly when it will happen. The landing itself is smooth.

All that being said, it takes a split second for it all to happen so your body has almost no time for it to register or for you to *think* about it happening.

IMO the bigger "jolt" is the start of the drop becasue you don't quite know exactly when it will happen. The landing itself is smooth.

All that being said, it takes a split second for it all to happen so your body has almost no time for it to register or for you to *think* about it happening.

Helpful. Thank you!

The wait time for Hagrid has been 140 to 160 the last several days. does anyone know if they inflating the time to discourage rerides. Videos I've seen showed a 140 min but the line was completely contained in the que. does anyone the the wait time if the que is full?

The wait time for Hagrid has been 140 to 160 the last several days. does anyone know if they inflating the time to discourage rerides. Videos I've seen showed a 140 min but the line was completely contained in the que. does anyone the the wait time if the que is full?

I waited close to that amount of time from just inside the queue but that seemed to be caused by some frequent downtime.

I was there 3/19 - 3/26 and we rode many times. My observations were as follows:

Pretty much every day was charted as a 10/10 or 9/10 actual crowd level on TouringPlans. It was certainly very, very busy.

Posted wait times seemed to range anywhere from 60-120 minutes throughout the day. The most typical posted wait time was 70-80 minutes - it almost seemed like the default posted wait time.

Actual waits in the evening (after 7pm - with the exception of Friday night) were almost always about half the posted wait time. Friday night the wait time (70 minutes) was pretty much dead on accurate.

Assuming no downtime and full utilization, it seemed to us that the actual wait from just outside the entrance to the castle/indoor queue was 30-35 minutes. If you're backed up to the stone entrance/archway (the beginning of the true outdoor queue) it's going to be 60-80 minutes. If you're in the extended queue in Hogsmeade or (god forbid) into Lost Continent - and it's not steadily moving - god have mercy on you.

On Thursday (3/24) they started running the pre-show (hadn't at all up to that point) and kept running it every time we rode through when we left on Saturday (3/26). No idea if that has any impact on wait times.

We think a drop track might be Dow.

Idk how they’re going to add express to this ride. Maybe make it a “once per day” even with unlimited express, because of the demand. Or just keep it standby:grin:

I think the best thing about this attraction is how mellow it is. I know that's a strange thing to say about a roller coaster, even a family one, but everything about it just feels so earthy, laid back, and chill.

Hello guys!

As a landscaping junkie, I wanted to ask those of you who have visited the ride frequently since it opened if you have noticed any significant plant and tree growth?

I was especially wondering if the trees were starting to cover the "drop section" show building out back ?

And also if it looks more like a believable forest now? (Plants that grow randomly erasing the « man made » aspect of that forest etc).

I know it’s quite a specific question but i was hoping that some of you had interesting answers/photos.

Thanks a lot !

Hello guys!

As a landscaping junkie, I wanted to ask those of you who have visited the ride frequently since it opened if you have noticed any significant plant and tree growth?

I was especially wondering if the trees were starting to cover the "drop section" show building out back ?

And also if it looks more like a believable forest now? (Plants that grow randomly erasing the « man made » aspect of that forest etc).

I know it’s quite a specific question but i was hoping that some of you had interesting answers/photos.

Thanks a lot !
From my last visit, the showbuilding is not completely covered just yet,

but the trees are starting to fill in nicely and starting to cover a large bit of the ride layout which was previously visible

It did appear as if a few trees had died near the turn around to go into the showbuilding..not sure what happened there

I think they may have flooding issues near the drop building and the plants there died. It may take (a long) while, but I hope we see newer trees eventually grow up in front of the mural wall back there, eventually.