General Movies & TV Thread | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Chronicle 2 in development at 20th Century Studios, albeit with a new cast and from a new perspective. Loved the original, but would've loved to see a follow-up rather than going the Purge route and basically telling the same story from a new perspective, although I get from a budgetary perspective, a young, new face cast helps keep costs down and Michael B. Jordan wouldn't be cheap surely.

Wanted to post this; but I think here might be a good a place as any:

Evangelion 3.0+1.0 might be my favorite film of the year. Hideki Anno's riding extremely high from his Shin Godzilla efforts; and it feels like a genuinely great send-off to the Evangelion story that he created over 25 years ago. I can't wait to see his next Shin project following this; especially with him now moving completely to Live Action endeavors.

Welp, as of right now, SNL is having no live audience, limited cast and crew, and the Music Guest has cancelled......

Sounds like an outbreak happened. I’d expect no SNL this evening sadly.

a lot of the closure at tied to a broadway party in which many were lacking the masks.....as well as cast members going to rehearsal while waiting for COVID test results resulting in stuff like this....

a lot of the closure at tied to a broadway party in which many were lacking the masks.....as well as cast members going to rehearsal while waiting for COVID test results resulting in stuff like this....
Yeah I don’t expect tonight to proceed, it almost feels like garbage marketing to let people know they’re still relevant

Award Season power houses seem to Belfast, The Power of Dog, No Time to Die , Licorice Pizza and Dune.

Breakdown
Universal (not coproduction/distribution)-1 (Belfast)
Netflix-1 (Power of Dog)
MGM/Universal (No Time to Die, Licorice Pizza)-2
Dune-WB

who would've thought the highest cinemascore for a movie musical this year would be Sing 2?

9x29m744g8781.jpg

I guess....I'll have to see it...lol

But I doubt it, looking at other sits its tracking around 70% around what the first film was scored at

Have caught up on American Auto and Grand Crew.

If you liked Superstore, you’ll enjoy American Auto. I will definitely watch the whole first season here.

Grand Crew has a good cast, but is forcing all storylines in 3 episodes. It’s solid, can absolutely improve, Nicole Byer and rest of the cast is good, just needs time.

Kenan Season 2 also debuted last night which I found solid

I know the Golden Globes have been shunned by all of Hollywood, but they are generally a good point of reference when predicting who will win the Academy Awards.

West Side Story and The Power of the Dog were the big winners in film. The Power of the Dog won for Best Drama Film, Best Director (Jane Campion), Best Supporting Actor in any motion picture (Kodi Smit-McPhee). Meanwhile, WSS won for Best Comedy/Musical, Best Actress (Rachel Zegler), and Best supporting Actress in any motion picture (Ariana DeBose).

Other winners include Andrew Garfield for Best Actor in a Comedy/Musical (Tick, Tick… boom!), Will Smith for Best Actor in a Drama (King Richard), and Nicole Kidman for Best Actress in a Drama (Being the Ricardos)

Speaking of Being the Ricardos, a very good film if your like me and like Bio doc's sent in Hollywood.