General Movies & TV Thread | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also Solar Opposites.
Reading on Reddit, it might not change much. It seems like texts that leaked out basally mean while legally he won't get in trouble many no longer want him apart of these shows....so I guess nothing might happen for these shows but wonder if he will make a show for someone else

The most damaging thing for Roiland wasn’t the DV allegations, it was all of the profiles and statements by his co-workers basically saying his contributions and participation in “his” products was essentially zilch. That already seemed like a pretty open secret at that point anyway, to the extent most people used him essentially for marketing purposes only. This just sped up everyone knowing it.

THAT may actually be harder to recover from, because it has nothing to do with canceling him. It’s his issue in the workplace.

The most damaging thing for Roiland wasn’t the DV allegations, it was all of the profiles and statements by his co-workers basically saying his contributions and participation in “his” products was essentially zilch. That already seemed like a pretty open secret at that point anyway, to the extent most people used him essentially for marketing purposes only. This just sped up everyone knowing it.

THAT may actually be harder to recover from, because it has nothing to do with canceling him. It’s his issue in the workplace.

Bingo. Issues in the workplace is a pretty big thing when it comes to getting the boot and those not wanting to work with you, there are those who're quite glad he's gone as he contributed nada, amongst a whole other slew of things.

Another example I can think of is John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren & Stimpy. As much as he loves to claim he was fired by Nickelodeon due to creative differences, the reality is he would constantly miss deadlines over and over, you can't do that in animation. And when you factor in the many other issues with that dude, Nick firing him was pretty darn easy. Add in the disaster of the Adult Party Cartoon, and I think those behind the new reboot didn't even blink when it came to making sure he's not involved in the project, but also making sure he doesn't even get compensated for it.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
I do want to point out that society is kinda all in on one person many times for a movie/tv show

Look at Mando its a hardworking team but we mainly give props to two people running it because them seem very important to why the show is loved vs why Fett and Obi Wan show were not as loved. Same with Walt Disney we give him credit for so much because he really did push for things to happen but many times we forget the people below these great minds that have to make their idea's work and make them work well.

Not defending Justin but when you create an amazing show, some other good ones and a really great video game it goes to your head that your the reason these things are so great but your forgetting everyone else who makes the projects amazing as well

I do want to point out that society is kinda all in on one person many times for a movie/tv show

Look at Mando its a hardworking team but we mainly give props to two people running it because them seem very important to why the show is loved vs why Fett and Obi Wan show were not as loved.
Um, you do realize Book of Boba Fett was done by Johnny Favs and Filoni... right?

Um, you do realize Book of Boba Fett was done by Johnny Favs and Filoni... right?
Not surprising considering 1/3 of it was Mando

Which I'll defend those episodes as amazing if not the best Mando stuff we've gotten so far....but yeah wrong show.

Also Boba Fett>>>>>Obi Wan anyday for me. If your going to breat Star Wars Canon and try to do the Prequels actors right...the Obi Wan show was literally everything I didn't want it to be and more. Heck even the finale fight copies Rebels but does it worst.

Also, like, DM'ing a 15 year old girl which isn't a good look.

Reactions: Legacy
John Wick 4 shamelessly steals one of the most iconic edits in cinema history. Also the best car-centered setpiece this side of the Bullitt. Great movie, 10/10.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
If I ever get to seeing Battlestar Galactica- I don’t care for sci-fi but maybe I could make something interesting for my theme park idea- should I go for the original 70s series or the one from the 2000s?

If I ever get to seeing Battlestar Galactica- I don’t care for sci-fi but maybe I could make something interesting for my theme park idea- should I go for the original 70s series or the one from the 2000s?

The 2000s is the objectively better show to modern audiences, but if you can remind yourself you're watching a heavily sanitized show from late 1970s Sunday night network programming, there's some cool ideas in the original. They're barely realized because of budget and censorship, but they are there.

I’ve been enjoying Quantam Leap on NBC a lot. Feels like light, fun, popcorn flick show of the week stuff. I Honeslty never heard of the original so I wasn’t aware it was a reboot. Fun Sci-Fi nonsense you don’t need to take too seriously. Currently on Peacock