General Reality TV Thread | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was confused why Bananas & Nani were brought out WWE style instead of starting from the beginning, but whatever.
From what I remember hearing is that Bananas had a prior commitment which made him have to fly out a day or two later and that is why they didn't start with everyone.

I finished The Mole.

Non spoiler thoughts:

Good reboot, that could be improved by casting, editing, and some show elements. But overall… 7/10.

Improve the casting and it’s basically there. Hope it gets another season!

I finished The Mole.

Non spoiler thoughts:

Good reboot, that could be improved by casting, editing, and some show elements. But overall… 7/10.

Improve the casting and it’s basically there. Hope it gets another season!
I just finished it. Tbh, I thought the show had some genuinely GREAT castings, but it also had some really big duds. I think now that there's a new season of it for future contestants to watch before going in, it may help.I just hope future contestants realize that the goal is to get money for the pot if you're not the mole.

Also, the one other thing I do have to say is how hard it really was to pinpoint the mole because of all of the mole-y behavior which, tbh, was fun. The mole ultimately did become pretty obvious in the final three or so episodes, but that's sort of to be expected. I do wish the show had a proper reunion episode, though.

I just finished it. Tbh, I thought the show had some genuinely GREAT castings, but it also had some really big duds. I think now that there's a new season of it for future contestants to watch before going in, it may help.I just hope future contestants realize that the goal is to get money for the pot if you're not the mole.

Also, the one other thing I do have to say is how hard it really was to pinpoint the mole because of all of the mole-y behavior which, tbh, was fun. The mole ultimately did become pretty obvious in the final few episodes, but that's sort of to be expected. I do wish the show had a proper reunion episode, though.
God bless Joi, she was stellar casting. I agree though, few stars, rest were duds. I am hoping for an improvement in casting for a 2nd season.

This show typically becomes obvious who the mole is by the finale, so that wasn’t a shock to me. That being said, it was fun tbh to see how many people tried to fake being the mole and how that never worked out for them really until the very end, which is the best time to utilize that strategy. Not the entire game so the pot is as small as it was.

God bless Joi, she was stellar casting. I agree though, few stars, rest were duds. I am hoping for an improvement in casting for a 2nd season.

This show typically becomes obvious who the mole is by the finale, so that wasn’t a shock to me. That being said, it was fun tbh to see how many people tried to fake being the mole and how that never worked out for them really until the very end, which is the best time to utilize that strategy. Not the entire game so the pot is as small as it was.
Yeah, Joi was great and I also really liked Will, tbh. I forgot Casey was even on this show when she was here, and some earlier contestants were also forgettable (but made sure to have their moments still, like Sandy, who refused to let Dom back after them not acknowledging her even being on the show until that moment).

And yeah, once it gets down to a certain number of people, it becomes pretty obvious. I was 100% sure and would've bet money on who it was (I was right) coming into these two episodes as there was the most evidence built up against that person and the episode where Avori was locked in the cage was the one I went from I think it might be this person to it's DEFINITELY this person.

As for the result:
Kesi was a terrible Mole in that if we had to watch her all season, could she not have at least been entertaining? My goodness. Joi was like a reality contestant from the early 2000's that just gave zero craps before people became all nice to each other on reality TV.

Will was a satisfying winner, although I would've loved Joi to win. I see a very realistic future where Will and Joi are both on The Circle, Love Is Blind, or, very possibly The Amazing Race or The Challenge. I could see Will crushing TAR and I think he has the drive to be a worthy rookie on The Challenge.

Yeah, Joi was great and I also really liked Will, tbh. I forgot Casey was even on this show when she was here, and some earlier contestants were also forgettable (but made sure to have their moments still, like Sandy, who refused to let Dom back after them not acknowledging her even being on the show until that moment).

And yeah, once it gets down to a certain number of people, it becomes pretty obvious. I was 100% sure and would've bet money on who it was (I was right) coming into these two episodes as there was the most evidence built up against that person and the episode where Avori was locked in the cage was the one I went from I think it might be this person to it's DEFINITELY this person.

As for the result:
Kasi was a terrible Mole in that if we had to watch her all season, could she not have at least been entertaining? My goodness. Joi was like a reality contestant from the early 2000's that just gave zero craps before people became all nice to each other on reality TV.

Will was a satisfying winner, although I would've loved Joi to win. I see a very realistic future where Will and Joi are both on The Circle, Love Is Blind, or, very possibly The Amazing Race or The Challenge. I could see Will crushing TAR and I think he has the drive to be a worthy rookie on The Challenge.
Couldnt agree more, Kesi was incredibly dull Mole. Also the contestants sucked at most tasks, Joi existed, Avori existed, Kesi didn’t have to do too much really. Extremely boring contestant. Not a great mole for the first reboot.
Will got so much screen time I felt he was in the finale fron like episode 3/4, so I’m glad he won. He actually tried to win this season unlike some others.

Couldnt agree more, Kesi was incredibly dull Mole. Also the contestants sucked at most tasks, Joi existed, Avori existed, Kesi didn’t have to do too much really. Extremely boring contestant. Not a great mole for the first reboot.
Will got so much screen time I felt he was in the finale fron like episode 3/4, so I’m glad he won. He actually tried to win this season unlike some others.
Do we actually know what the incentive is for the mole to, well, be a mole? Like it was never stated what The Mole got out of it. Are they paid a sum of money up front to be the mole or....? I watched the original, but was younger and don't remember the exact rules, but I thought they explained this part of it on the ABC version.

Sidenote: Why the hell does Netflix only have the Celebrity editions of the original Mole (the seasons I have no interest in watching) and not the original civilian seasons? I'd love to go back and watch The original few seasons of The Mole again, but oh well.

Do we actually know what the incentive is for the mole to, well, be a mole? Like it was never stated what The Mole got out of it. Are they paid a sum of money up front to be the mole or....? I watched the original, but was younger and don't remember the exact rules, but I thought they explained this part of it on the ABC version.

Sidenote: Why the hell does Netflix only have the Celebrity editions of the original Mole (the seasons I have no interest in watching) and not the original civilian seasons? I'd love to go back and watch The original few seasons of The Mole again, but oh well.
They had the OG seasons awhile back, idk why they’re gone for the awful celeb seasons.

Don’t know the incentive. I am sure they are paid by production, and maybe in casting they discover who’d be a good mole and they then go thru a seperate process. Maybe they get a little % of what money is lost each task? I’m unsure, other than I’d be shocked to find out they aren’t paid lol

So, not only did The Challenge USA end in the biggest cluster-frack in reality TV history, one of its international sister shows, The Challenge Australia, has been a ratings bomb. Looks like this “network TV Challenge” plan is a colossal failure .

So, not only did The Challenge USA end in the biggest cluster-frack in reality TV history, one of its international sister shows, The Challenge Australia, has been a ratings bomb. Looks like this “network TV Challenge” plan is a colossal failure .

Can’t say I’m shocked, it seemed far fetched to begin with tbh.

Apparently the Challenge USA has begun fielding calls of people who haven’t done the challenge, people who did the challenge USA, and people who have done the challenge proper. First few seasons of Love Island still seem available too for casting. At least the pre Peacock seasons.

For people who’ve not competed before, idk him but I have a major crush on Joseph from BB24, also hoping for Cody from the BB universe. I hope they don’t shy away from allowing some BBCAN people too.

For Survivor I really hope Noelle plays.

TAR I think Ryan from S33 would be a great choice, Dusty too for that matter. Will from S32 would be good as well.

I'd rather they get people who are actually going to make for a good show and not completely suck at it or wimp out at some things (Cody would certainly not be a pick for me for that reason... he's also bad TV). Just get the most interesting and physically capable people you can find and throw them into it.

If Johnathan from Survivor 42 isn’t on that’d be criminal. I don’t even like the guy but he seems built for this.

Traitors Spoilers

What a satisfying, bittersweet ending. To see Cirie (the greatest Survivor to never win) finally get the money, but at the tragic expense of Andie was incredible.

Fantastic show. Everything about it is perfection.

• Love
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Saw a commercial for The Traitors the other day and it looked good. I noticed Cody and Rachel from BB are in it.

I’ll get around to watching the show after I finish The Circle.

Saw a commercial for The Traitors the other day and it looked good. I noticed Cody and Rachel from BB are in it.

I’ll get around to watching the show after I finish The Circle.
I’d say it’s almost 100% better than the Circle. Cirie and Stephanie from Survivor are also there.

Traitors Spoilers

What a satisfying, bittersweet ending. To see Cirie (the greatest Survivor to never win) finally get the money, but at the tragic expense of Andie was incredible.

Fantastic show. Everything about it is perfection.
Ive never been so satisfied in a reality tv watching experience unless Cirie won survivor itself. The traitors was a TOUGH game to play and she was masterful. Absolutely masterful. This is the Cirie Fields tribute it feels, and it shows on ever level why is a reality tv icon. One of my favorite television personalities ever, WOW!!!

Also this show MUST have a season 2.

Reactions: Legacy
Seems like a waste that they released what seems to be a great reality show in one batch though instead of building excitement by doing weekly batch releases.