Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t think WB is the one saying, “Don’t make a big deal out of this.” I think Universal had no intention of opening it until the had to, so they’re looking at doing the bare minimum. They open the house, let some people in, then close it. By all accounts, they’re treating this like an obligation.
It's good practice for next year I guess haha

I won't be able to make it out there, but I'm excited that people get to see it

I also see it as free b-roll footage for the announcement if they intend on making it for next year. Like Legacy said, there was no intentions, its just something that could be test for the house, to see if they are capable to deal with the walkthroughs it will have next year. WB made their money with the merch, they don't have a problem of the slightest with Universal.

You could do either of those things more easily using TM volunteers (or invited influencers) and not opening to the public. And a corporation can't just "let something go because we made enough money" without setting precedent for the future.

We've seen games like this before between Disney and Universal wrt Marvel characters. Seems like Universal playing one with WB now.

Chances of it happening are incredibly slim but what if we got a announcement of beetlejuice coming to hhn 2021 on Halloween and the video could end with a announcement of it opening nov 1

Reactions: Coolbfitz
We've seen games like this before between Disney and Universal wrt Marvel characters. Seems like Universal playing one with WB now.
my best guess is that the language in the HHN license agreement has some sort of renewal option and you can’t renew something that hasn’t been used in the first place. It could be a similar situation for like AHS for 2 years in a row and Stranger Things back to back.

I also doubt that they’d want to anger WB unnecessarily because they’re an IP partner. It could just be easier to do this as a tease for next year and save legal fees on a new agreement.

I’m at the parks now haven’t seen any signs yet, but I’m keeping my eyes peeled.

I hope we get a heads ups at least for it if not marketing. Also why would they put up that art for one day why could they not just open it without the big art

I have no inside info on a yes or no but it’s very possible this is for filming. Just as all the staffing and NDAs for the tent was for filming. Keep that in mind.

my best guess is that the language in the HHN license agreement has some sort of renewal option and you can’t renew something that hasn’t been used in the first place. It could be a similar situation for like AHS for 2 years in a row and Stranger Things back to back.

I also doubt that they’d want to anger WB unnecessarily because they’re an IP partner. It could just be easier to do this as a tease for next year and save legal fees on a new agreement.

I’m at the parks now haven’t seen any signs yet, but I’m keeping my eyes peeled.

Or Trick r Treat or Killer Klowns....

I mean that doesn’t really explain the decal going up on the side of the building...

They could be filming outside. Beetlejuice saying “welcome welcome” and some riffs.

Or it could be opening for TMs. Or for guests. Who knows!

Just I can’t really make the jump to 100% opening for guests when we can’t pin down dates hours before it would open with no scheduled ops at that location.

We'll know just about everything about this test in literally 72 hours. There's no way this lasts after this weekend.

If there's going to be an announcement, the last chance is today or tomorrow.

If it's two days, we'll know by Sunday.

Whether it's open for guests or just for filming, we'll know by Sunday.

Reactions: londonwerecat