Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I promise you the event being run by a corporate conglomerate does not "need" anyone's individual support. If you do not think this type of lineup is acceptable at these prices, you should reasonably consider not attending. There are plenty of other haunts in SoCal this year that are doing more to fight for your dollar.
Can’t wait for Dark Harbour!

• Haha
Reactions: TheMatador
I have the opposite perspective. I agree the buildup this year is not hitting the same way it usually does and it's underwhelming, but this event needs the revenue badly after 2020, so I'll take my usual ticket approach even if it's not the most thrilling year. I want to support.

Still, totally understand folks who wanna skip this year, for any reason.
I agree completely with this! Universal is doing ANYTHING in there power to bring IPs that will draw attention and money to the event. So even though the exorcist was a alright maze the amount of traction that will bring will cause more people to go. Heck even, michael myers, leatherface and hill house are things that will push more people to go visit the event, which means more money for universal so we just got to go just through with it. My only issue is I hope Universal is covid safe because the event will be PACKED!

Reactions: HydraGen2299
69 bucks is that cheaper than before? Seems cheaper than the last year for a week day ticket but maybe I'm wrong

Also I trust you guys more but my Universal Studios facebook group is claiming frequent fear pass is back this year...but I doubt it as well
if im not mistaken the lowest range of the prices in 2019 was 67 bucks. Admittedly, the highest price was also higher, at about 102 dollars.
All in all I'll still probably go once if i can, since I can at least enjoy being reminded of past years, and I'm sure hill house will be interesting, but I'm really not inclined to buy a pass this year.

Reactions: TheMatador
Even though Exorcist is likely going to be a copy paste of 2016, I only got to go through it once so I am looking forward to going through a second time.
2019we did a Dark Harbor, HHN back to back and by the time I went through Pandora I was DONE. So I am looking forward to giving it a second try.

Would I be more excited if it were Beetlejuice and H3, yup, but after 2020 if all mazes were black walls with Fanta the Cat scares from boo holes, I'd still get the RIP tour and love every minute of it.

Reactions: DTH
I love how the other day someone here was like “this community is a positive place,” and yet I’m getting roasted for saying “I agree the lineup is not great but I still would like to support and attend this event, and I understand if someone feels differently.” Like it’s some kind of egregious and offensive take.

You guys are wild.
I'm asking and of course I'm upset. I mean Fans are like "we want X" but whatever they support anything

It's just annoying to know the company is doing just fine (Ive seen the lines in person for food, merch and rides) and them give us this event.

I have to ask people who support this why, do you want them to keep giving us Spiderman Webslingers and reuse mazes with black walls? This is what we want to support?

I am seriously blown away how HHNH just cannot get their crap together minus a couple of “fluke” years of being overall great (2016 being one of them and I thought 2019 was awesome despite a couple of okay houses). The event is being grossly mismanaged.

I will still probably go once out of obligation to check out Hill House at the very least and just so I can say I’ve gone every year since 2009. I’m just not really hot to support an event that literally has all of the assets available to them to make a great event but just chooses not to. Pandemic or not, I’m getting weary of recycled themes and black walls.

They better make 2022 legendary but even then they’ll probably be like “Oh nooooo! We spent too much money! We have to cut the budget for the next five years!”

Look, I’ll probably go the one time I go and have fun with some friends, but I think it’s fair to be critical of the event when you know it could be so much better.

Eh, well at least I get to go to HHN 30! Just would be nice if the one by my home would be decent.

Last edited:
My question is, why was Season of the Witch replaced with a repeat? What happened? I can't imagine it to be rights issues as Universal owns the rights to H3. Universal also owns the rights to The Thing 1982 but for some reason never uses it. Strange.

My question is, why was Season of the Witch replaced with a repeat? What happened? I can't imagine it to be rights issues as Universal owns the rights to H3. Universal also owns the rights to The Thing 1982 but for some reason never uses it. Strange.
They lose BJ after a really stupid decision made by someone in management or whatever to violate the contract

They scrap H3 for whatever reason when they could’ve used that money to improve the other mazes at the event

They bring back the Tram which costs a CRAP ton of money to operate despite its sub-par reviews

They put Hill House in a tent but blow the sound stage on a repeat when Hill House could really use that sound stage

The event is making so many questionable and baffling decisions this year.

All we have is incomplete information. We don't, and never will, have the full story.

Maybe SS29 wasn't going to be available for the amount of construction needed for Hill House?
Maybe the plan was Beetlejuice in SS29 and when they lost that it made the most sense to keep everything as is and put The Exorcist in SS29.

Most of the time the attitude around here is John isn't doing what I would do so he is an idiot. There are so many balls floating around the decisions that have to get made would make most of us crawl in bed and ask for our mommies. Tack onto that the fact that he can do everything right and people still will dump on what he does because it isn't what they think should have been done.

I think some of you need to step away from HHN for a year or so it can't be doing your health any good.

I am seriously blown away how HHNH just cannot get their crap together minus a couple of “fluke” years of being overall great (2016 being one of them and I thought 2019 was awesome despite a couple of okay houses). The event is being grossly mismanaged.

I will still probably go once out of obligation to check out Hill House at the very least and just so I can say I’ve gone every year since 2009. I’m just not really hot to support an event that literally has all of the assets available to them to make a great event but just chooses not to. Pandemic or not, I’m getting weary of recycled themes and black walls.

They better make 2022 legendary but even then they’ll probably be like “Oh nooooo! We spent too much money! We have to cut the budget for the next five years!”

Look, I’ll probably go the one time I go and have fun with some friends, but I think it’s fair to be critical of the event when you know it could be so much better.

Eh, well at least I get to go to HHN 30! Just would be nice if the one by my home would be decent.

Wait what they lost Beetlejuice?!

KSF was the more established haunt in SoCal anyways.

They bring back the Tram which costs a CRAP ton of money to operate despite its sub-par reviews
Honestly after 2019, bringing back tram might be a fairly smart decision, especially with a decreased maze count. As expensive and generally lukewarm tram has been, it's an absolute people eater. Even with 2 mazes in its place in 2019, they really couldnt compare to its capacity and through put. This could even be seen in how long and slow the lines in 2019 tended to be on busy nights compared to equally busy nights in other years.
Love it or hate it, it serves an important function in keeping crowds down moreso than arguably anything else at theevent.

Take from this what you will.

Honestly, makes sense. Even though Murdy enjoys The Exorcist, bringing it back definitely strikes me more as a corporate decision based on guest ratings from the year rather than being brought back because it should've been. Obviously not confirmed but I have to assume Pandora was the same situation.
Halloween 4 on the other hand, who knows.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I want to be super clear, my criticisms are not all levied at Murdy. Losing properties was out of his hands, and based on that tweet, it sounds like the decision to throw The Exorcist happened while he was still furloughed. I can, however, criticize the overall leadership of the event - the folks above and around him making those decisions, knowing that we will now have 5 repeat mazes and a reheated tram, and still charging 2019 prices.

I want to be super clear, my criticisms are not all levied at Murdy. Losing properties was out of his hands, and based on that tweet, it sounds like the decision to throw The Exorcist happened while he was still furloughed. I can, however, criticize the overall leadership of the event - the folks above and around him making those decisions, knowing that we will now have 5 repeat mazes and a reheated tram, and still charging 2019 prices.
Yeah, I don't really blame him for most of whats happening this year, its more or less all been out of his hands.
He wasnt responsible for picking the replacement mazes (it seems), wasnt responsible for merch being printed too early, doesn't determine ticket prices, and doesn't decide the budget.
Really just seems like a long series of missteps and miscommunication on the parts of the higher ups. Never really understood why there seems to be so much more corporate meddling throughout the years on hollywoods end compared to orlando, but this year is definitely a good example of it at its sourest.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Obviously not confirmed but I have to assume Pandora was the same situation.
Halloween 4 on the other hand, who knows.
The only think I can think is marketing preferred to have MM back as opposed to the "mask" maze.

I have scoured all over and it appears Universal Studios does own the rights to H3 so those shouldn't be an issue. It appears they just said what are the most popular mazes that we can do for under (insert ridiculously low number here).

Last edited: