Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure where else to put this, but is anyone else having issues trying to get tickets with their AP discount? Keeps saying my ID is invalid
Yes the site is having issues, you might have to try again later (got the info from a USH facebook group, were people are having issues as well)

Reactions: BernardMesa
I want to be super clear, my criticisms are not all levied at Murdy. Losing properties was out of his hands, and based on that tweet, it sounds like the decision to throw The Exorcist happened while he was still furloughed. I can, however, criticize the overall leadership of the event - the folks above and around him making those decisions, knowing that we will now have 5 repeat mazes and a reheated tram, and still charging 2019 prices.
Don’t think it’ll matter this year for repeats as people had no events last year. Either way guests are going to buy tickets to scratch that Halloween itch. HOWEVER, if next year is repeat galore with the same low number of mazes then…:chainsaw::box:

I'm asking and of course I'm upset. I mean Fans are like "we want X" but whatever they support anything

It's just annoying to know the company is doing just fine (Ive seen the lines in person for food, merch and rides) and them give us this event.

I have to ask people who support this why, do you want them to keep giving us Spiderman Webslingers and reuse mazes with black walls? This is what we want to support?
I don't think I have an answer here that could possibly satisfy you and this grudge you have.

I think some of you need to step away from HHN for a year or so it can't be doing your health any good.

giphy.gif

Weird they kept it for Orlando in that case.
Probably different contracts.

Even with Hollywood and Orlando being Universal parks, they're still separate parks in a whole variety of ways. A unique situation like this does show the parks have their own contracts with an IP, either that or the IP holders ain't one to punish the park which didn't violate the contract.

I wonder if the shift was made to H4, by Corporate? By all accounts, they were working on H3, and had signage fully present for a near good while, and the issue of rights is mostly not an issue. So what gives?

Perhaps in this scenario, they want to play things safe, and have Michael be part of the main lineup? Hopefully they can get H3 in sooner, if it was meant to be the Cult IP.

I wonder if the shift was made to H4, by Corporate? By all accounts, they were working on H3, and had signage fully present for a near good while, and the issue of rights is mostly not an issue. So what gives?

Perhaps in this scenario, they want to play things safe, and have Michael be part of the main lineup? Hopefully they can get H3 in sooner, if it was meant to be the Cult IP.
That sounds right, however corporate would've already approved H3 earlier this year. So something must've happened to change their minds. Maybe losing Beetlejuice is what wanted them to play it safe with a repeat of H4.

They wanted/needed Michael Myers for marketing, who was going to appear in Halloween III. When those rights fell through, they switched to the rights they could get - Halloween 4.

My hunch on why H3 got lost? They didn’t cover up the Silver Shamrock sign.

I haven’t been told that but, if there was some sort of explicit (“cannot be made public until x date”), then the rights-holders can say that because trademark imagery specific to the property was visible, it was then “public.” That would have put them in violation of the contract and they could have lost the rights.

I haven’t been told that but, if there was some sort of explicit (“cannot be made public until x date”), then the rights-holders can say that because trademark imagery specific to the property was visible, it was then “public.” That would have put them in violation of the contract and they could have lost the rights.
So another IP was lost due to likely another really dumb mistake by USH!?

Good lord

That'd be...an incredibly stupid and ignorant move on USH's part.

I don't think H3 was a rights issue I think it was marketing asked "Hey where is Michael Meyers? Kids love Michael Meyers."

Also I'd venture to guess that "if" the merch printing was what nulled the contract, it was a scape goat. Rights owners pulled it for some other reason and just used that as the excuse. OR what if, what if, it was decided to hold it off until next year, since the creative team was furloughed.

Brides was done becuase Murdy probably knocked that one out first.
TCM is a copy and paste from last year.

Then boom March hits and work stops. Corporate decides to go with mazes that would be easy and cheap to execute. Beetlejuice just didn't fit the bill.

Or what if the contract gave WB a cut of the ticket sales and with the status of HHN up in the air they decided to hold off until next year to maximize their cut. No need to hold off Orlando since you can be pretty sure they are going to see normal attendance.

Last edited: