What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

If I have an ap valid for the night I’m visiting I don’t need to buy a ticket with 2pm early entry right? I’m still allowed to be in the park after 2 correct?

If you have an annual pass valid for that day, you won't need a separate after 2 ticket. However, I believe you will not get free parking (if your pass comes with parking).

We have Platininum APs, and for many years, we've gone into the park early with our Platinum AP, and later in the night for HHN, you return to the main plaza and pick up your wristband for HHN.

If your pass has free parking, that only lasts until 6pm. But you can arrive before 6pm and eat or shop at Citywalk until you want to enter HHN (which really should be around 6pm anyway to get the shortest lines for mazes).

We have Platininum APs, and for many years, we've gone into the park early with our Platinum AP, and later in the night for HHN, you return to the main plaza and pick up your wristband for HHN.

If your pass has free parking, that only lasts until 6pm. But you can arrive before 6pm and eat or shop at Citywalk until you want to enter HHN (which really should be around 6pm anyway to get the shortest lines for mazes).
Thank you so much! Very helpful!

B4401FB0-111B-47C6-BC6E-05726E132A5B.jpeg
The new speculation map still doesn’t have scarezones. Are we all expecting them to be the exact same as 2019? Cause if we’re getting only returning scarezones I’d love to see scarezones from other years come back too like Exterminatorz

And if people are wondering why there have been such drastic changes to the spec map over the last week…

View attachment 14986

This is exactly what several on the insiders did. Even when the first spec map for this year was posted, I kept reiterating how insiders requested Ghostbusters NOT be on it. But no one bothered

My “hint” for the IP was never for a house.

It was always for the CryptTV zone. (My “Midnight Graveyard” zone concept—graveyards feature crypts.)

Basically, a number of insiders this year were actively working against the real lineup getting revealed. Since so much of this year was known from day one, we wanted to try and let Universal give y’all a couple of legitimate surprises. We did it for Hollywood too.

And, frankly, it was remarkably easy. I posted a clue for a zone because I knew everyone would immediately assume it was for Shrek. The only reason I posted it was to get people away from thinking it was an original. It worked.

I kept warning about chaos, and people thought it was a clue. I tell people the spec map can’t be trusted, but everyone got so focused on Halloween being on the map no one thought it could have been a red herring. I openly defended insiders lying about what was coming. I felt like I had been telling you exactly what was happening but (and I knew this would be the case) no one was hearing it through the fog of impatient excitement.

Chaotic evil. I warned you.

But, the closer we get, the more people outside the core group find out the real lineup, the harder it became to keep the cat in the bag.

And here’s the thing. I would absolutely do it again.

The quote "We did it for Hollywood too" sticks out to me.. Makes me wonder if there are in fact some Hollywood surprises that we're not aware of yet..

The quote "We did it for Hollywood too" sticks out to me.. Makes me wonder if there are in fact some Hollywood surprises that we're not aware of yet..
Pretty sure he just means how long beetle juice was up on the speculation map despite it being out of the picture behind the scenes for most of 2021. That and the whole Halloween kills thing. Those are specific examples I can think of off the top of my head

There's only one maze left to announce and it'll come as no surprise when it is. The only things after that are the Terror Tram and the scare zones. I'd love for there to be a big reveal for one of those, but I'm not betting on it, personally.

I wouldn't be surprised if Terror Tram is Hollywood Harry.

It was an very popular tram and it is relatively cheap to run generic clown masks and costumes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Terror Tram is Hollywood Harry.

It was an very popular tram and it is relatively cheap to run generic clown masks and costumes.

I'm actually...curious about the Tram this year, perhaps more.

There are three groups that I could see take it, three for good reasons; but one stands out to me more than anything. And I think it lies to Murdy's...let's say, creative experience.

1: The Purge = A safe option to be sure, this would probably be something oriented to The Forever Purge, but with something to spice it up a small bit.
2: Chucky = Chucky is another safe option, and with admittedly experience for the Terror Tram. It'd be a very good opportunity to market in the park, Chucky on SYFY/USA/Peacock; and may be something they can even bring Brad Douriff and Don Mancini onboard once again, like what happened with Titan's of Horror
3: CryptTV = This has been mentioned on the HHN Orlando Spec Map, and while I do think this is going to be present *somehow* at Hollywood, perhaps this would be ideal for them. For Murdy, he'd be able to get into talking a bit easier, as both Eli Roth and Jason Blum have ties into CryptTV. It'd also be easy to implement into the Tram without modifying much, as I can see things easily filling in rather well, with Mordeo, Look-See, The Birch and more.

Thinking about it from a marketing standpoint, Chucky makes the most sense, with the show looming; let everyone in horror get pumped, but Crypt would be fun to see how Murdy and his team tackle things.

I forgot about the Purge that would be a definite contender as well. Chucky maybe a bit less, but definitely could see that as well.

Remember corporate made the decision with regards to line up and not Murdy and company. We are going to get something cheap and easy to execute.

Just typing that sentence scares the hell out of me.

The Terror Tram is back for the time being? I thought it was boring as hell. I really wish the Terror Tram could...you know...take you into being terrified while being in the tram rather than drive half-heartedly then dropping you off for another walkthrough then get picked up again.