What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

I don't think H3 was a rights issue I think it was marketing asked "Hey where is Michael Meyers? Kids love Michael Meyers."

My concern with that, is that with the Santa Clarita Drone footage; we actively saw work leading upwards to the July cancellation of HHN2020, with the facade having the same shape as what was present when Waterworld was reopened not too long ago.

Add in the details that indicated H3, and it's more clear of just how much this maze was originally going to be something that it's now very much not going to be. And I sincerely wonder what made the change-up.

Could also be the team that was supposed to make the masks couldn't handle the new date.

My point is there are sooooo many reasons why they made the switch and Universal pulling the rights from themselves just seems like it would be low on the list.

Universal pulling the rights from themselves just seems like it would be low on the list.
Universal owns the rights to An American Werewolf in London, yet it took Orlando three pitches for them to finally have the maze appear at the event.

Just because a movie is branded under Universal doesn't mean they automatically can have it at the event.

Universal owns the rights to An American Werewolf in London, yet it took Orlando three pitches for them to finally have the maze appear at the event.

Just because a movie is branded under Universal doesn't mean they automatically can have it at the event.

Universal doesn't own the rights to AWIL like they do Halloween.

Polygram owns them and Universal just licenses it.

Universal still has to deal with producers and production companies. It's still a matter of appeasing and making sure that for certain projects, that groups have fair compensation. Especially with the company responsible for Halloween currently.
Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Universal owns the copyright to Halloween 3, lock stock and barrel. If they wanted to cram it into the Dreamworks theater they could. As far as that goes with Halloween and Michael Meyers I have no clue, My guess is when MM is involved things get murky. I would buy that it got pulled due to the crossover with H3 and Michael Meyers and the MM people not liking his involvement.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Universal owns the copyright to Halloween 3, lock stock and barrel. If they wanted to cram it into the Dreamworks theater they could. As far as that goes with Halloween and Michael Meyers I have no clue, My guess is when MM is involved things get murky. I would buy that it got pulled due to the crossover with H3 and Michael Meyers and the MM people not liking his involvement.

I really want to emphasize that even when chain of ownership seems preposterously clear, it often isn't. You still need to get clearances from certain stakeholders. I agree that the Michael Myers mashup element might have raised red flags - and if that's the case, I'm not sure why those issues weren't resolved in the conceptual/pitch stage.

I also really wouldn't be shocked with Legacy's suggestion. It was kind of absurdly obvious what it was. Whatever the problem, it occurred very abruptly and recently.

But would it be surprising?

Let's recall 2019.

Killer Klownz from Outer Space facade goes up, easily seen from inside the park. Eventually it get's completely covered up which normally doesn't happen with the visible facades.

The very same year, they post a video of auditions which included a shot of people acting out a scene for the yet-to-be announced Ghostbusters, plus a shot of the table which included photos of Ghostbusters characters AND House of 1000 Corpses characters which also wasn't announced yet. The video was soon yanked and never seen again.

So yeah, unfortunately if that hunch was correct, it's not surprising.

I'm not an HHN superfan so my perspective is a bit different, but I don't really get the hate for the house lineup. TCM and Exorcist are probably both my top two favorite horror movies of all time so just off those alone I'd be more than satisfied (Sadly I don't live in the U.S. anymore so won't be going this year, flying across the world with all the Corona travel restrictions is too stressful just for something like this)

I think y'all need to realize that 95% of the general public doesn't follow the dramatic twists and turns of behind-the-scenes haunted house licensing on internet forums and also doesn't know or care if houses are being repeated between years.

My hunch on why H3 got lost? They didn’t cover up the Silver Shamrock sign.

I haven’t been told that but, if there was some sort of explicit (“cannot be made public until x date”), then the rights-holders can say that because trademark imagery specific to the property was visible, it was then “public.” That would have put them in violation of the contract and they could have lost the rights.

While Uni should have been smarter, this is also on the fans posting stuff like this on the Internet. We do it to ourselves.

While Uni should have been smarter, this is also on the fans posting stuff like this on the Internet. We do it to ourselves.
In the fans defense it’s literally right there out in the open. If it shouldn’t be seen they can and have made an effort to cover things up. The killer Klowns facade could’ve been covered from the get go but it wasn’t. The silver shamrock sign could’ve not been put up there yet but it was.

If its out in the open to every park visitor, it should be baseline expected that photos will be taken (not saying if that's right or wrong, it should just be expected). True "leaks" (info that could only be given via total insiders, like a leaked lineup or queue sheet) should probably not be shared as frequently among fans (or at least discouraged), but H3, KKFOS, HO1C, and GB were all easy to figure out from what UNI shared themselves.

So I tried it on my laptop and it worked it just wouldn’t work on my phone hopefully that helps
I was finally able to purchase using my pass late last night via the mobile site. I did try to purchase over the phone but had issues being sent to the Orlando call center and them wanting to transfer me back to Hollywood with an hour+ hold time if anyone's still having issues buying on the website, I'd just keep trying and hope it works eventually like it did for me

If its out in the open to every park visitor, it should be baseline expected that photos will be taken (not saying if that's right or wrong, it should just be expected). True "leaks" (info that could only be given via total insiders, like a leaked lineup or queue sheet) should probably not be shared as frequently among fans (or at least discouraged), but H3, KKFOS, HO1C, and GB were all easy to figure out from what UNI shared themselves.

I think it’s one thing for it to be out there in the open and for fans to go “Oh, I know what that is!” It’s another for it to spread around on Twitter, YouTube, and IG. That’s how the rights holders find out it’s out in the park. Still, you’re right, mainly on Universal for putting it out in the first place.

If I have an ap valid for the night I’m visiting I don’t need to buy a ticket with 2pm early entry right? I’m still allowed to be in the park after 2 correct?