Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

I've made peace with this year being very much a transition year back to some kind of normality. My expectation would be theme parks would open with a limited capacity towards the end of the year if anything. I don't see how Horror Nights could happen as I think California parks will still need to work out the kinks to just be open again at all.

Regardless - keeping my expectations very tempered and hopefully some of those great maze rumors we had for 2020 still manifest in the future! Excited to continue to read this thread as 2021 progresses.

I've made peace with this year being very much a transition year back to some kind of normality. My expectation would be theme parks would open with a limited capacity towards the end of the year if anything. I don't see how Horror Nights could happen as I think California parks will still need to work out the kinks to just be open again at all.

Regardless - keeping my expectations very tempered and hopefully some of those great maze rumors we had for 2020 still manifest in the future! Excited to continue to read this thread as 2021 progresses.
Personally I think the parks will open with limited capacity this Summer (May/June). By then it’s too late in the game to have an HHN event. Still hoping they may use, TWDA, TCM and Halloween and just use them as “extra attractions” for the evening.

Personally I think the parks will open with limited capacity this Summer (May/June). By then it’s too late in the game to have an HHN event. Still hoping they may use, TWDA, TCM and Halloween and just use them as “extra attractions” for the evening.

Yes, that is assuming everything goes smoothly for the next couple of months. If last year taught us anything, it is that projections change so much it's hard to tell with certainty until you're already there. I guess time will tell on that front. I also think that there will need to be some adjustment period for a while as all of the parks get used to being back open again, but regardless agree. I don't see how it can happen this year unfortunately.

Don’t forget Beetlejuice if it happens.

Any change of thought with USH opening upper lot?
All this changes is we might get closer looks at the waterworld queue or rather the tarp covering the maze in the waterworld queue and that’s probably it. I’m still 50/50 on whether or not we get an event this year. If the park fully opens by may that’s good but anything after July would be pushing it wouldn’t it? Unless they’re working on mazes before that

All this changes is we might get closer looks at the waterworld queue or rather the tarp covering the maze in the waterworld queue and that’s probably it. I’m still 50/50 on whether or not we get an event this year. If the park fully opens by may that’s good but anything after July would be pushing it wouldn’t it? Unless they’re working on mazes before that

Agree. The realist in me thinks no "extra" events will happen this year. I think we will probably see the theme park start to slowly open and maybe behind the scenes they can get HHN 2022 mapped out, whatever that may look like.

I’ll take any HHN over no HHN but going through a maze with all that daylight just wouldn’t be the same
It won’t be the same but I’ll be grateful
I agree with you. I’m predicting that by late May, theme parks open but we’ll see
Wake me when the park is permitted to operate normally.
I will be the alarm clock when it happens lol