Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The rude escalator bit was always cringe, imo.
The vibes I get from this comment and the two people who liked it :'(
bi-want-her-to-know-it-was-meb-not-the-cleverest-line-per-se_fh4f.jpg

I hate this and I blame Stranger Things for bringing more kids in the parks. Things were starting to get cleaned up mid 10's, due to the popularity of Walking Dead, but I truly do think Stranger Things killed any chance of us going back to HHN of the late 00s -- which was awesome. Go-Go dancers, dirty jokes, scarier mazes, pushing the envelope, sliders in scare zones, Bill & Ted, Chucky, the Flasher character, scareactors on the lower lot.

Honestly, if they made a scaled down version of the event that happened early November to make it more R-Rated like the early days for a week or two with only the most insane, scary and gory mazes left (3 to 4 mazes) for half the price -- I'd be there.

I thought it was just me.
Part of the reason we lost the Go-Gos too also had to do with the sexual comments made at them.
During my time as an SA, I remember hearing a lot of the performers voicing their frustrations about that.
Probably better for Uni's PR just to not have them. While I loved the vibe that we used to have, it has been a mixture of the times and guest complaints.
We lost the barker/ring leader also due to guest complaints. People are more sensitive nowadays, while its unfortunate it is what it is. Rude Escalator was always pretty cheesy but it always got a good chuckle out of me. RIP.

I just wish we could get another show. I still think Uni should do an improv or magic show.
Knott's has shown that improv can work pretty well at this sort of event.

I thought it was just me.
Part of the reason we lost the Go-Gos too also had to do with the sexual comments made at them.
During my time as an SA, I remember hearing a lot of the performers voicing their frustrations about that.
Probably better for Uni's PR just to not have them. While I loved the vibe that we used to have, it has been a mixture of the times and guest complaints.
We lost the barker/ring leader also due to guest complaints. People are more sensitive nowadays, while its unfortunate it is what it is. Rude Escalator was always pretty cheesy but it always got a good chuckle out of me. RIP.

I just wish we could get another show. I still think Uni should do an improv or magic show.
Knott's has shown that improv can work pretty well at this sort of event.
The event could really use two shows, but the biggest factor here is that Hollywood's event has nowhere near as much money to work with as Orlando. It would have to be a low-scale/low-budget show like a two man freakshow magic act or something like that. The closest we got to having two shows was 2019 when the had the 80's nights on Thursdays and Sundays.

Universal plaza would be a super ideal location for a second show like this, but it looks like we're going to be losing SES for the primary show venue, likely AA as well. That makes WaterWorld the only main show arena they could use but the only thing they can have there is SlaughterWorld....which is definitely not something they can do again. Yeah they have Dream Works Theater, but that can't work for a live show.....well actually, maybe they could have a small freak show in there. It would interfere with day ops which is not something they want.

The next year or two, we're going to have to have a makeshift show venue in Universal Plaza. Remember when they had bleachers made for the Grinchmas Tree Lighting before Plaza was built? I foresee them doing something like that for Uni Plaza next year in SES' absence.

Lol sorry, I know folks liked it but it always felt like if a corny Spencer Gifts t-shirt came to life. That kind of humor is just so, so lame.

That is how I felt about the Bill and Ted show and the various shows like it at these types of events. I'm fine with the event evolving and changing. That whole vibe is very "edgy 90's-early 00's" to me. That being said, comedy can still find a way in. Knott's did an improv show before Puppet Up that was pretty good!

Reactions: nicodingus
The event could really use two shows, but the biggest factor here is that Hollywood's event has nowhere near as much money to work with as Orlando. It would have to be a low-scale/low-budget show like a two man freakshow magic act or something like that. The closest we got to having two shows was 2019 when the had the 80's nights on Thursdays and Sundays.

Universal plaza would be a super ideal location for a second show like this, but it looks like we're going to be losing SES for the primary show venue, likely AA as well. That makes WaterWorld the only main show arena they could use but the only thing they can have there is SlaughterWorld....which is definitely not something they can do again. Yeah they have Dream Works Theater, but that can't work for a live show.....well actually, maybe they could have a small freak show in there. It would interfere with day ops which is not something they want.

The next year or two, we're going to have to have a makeshift show venue in Universal Plaza. Remember when they had bleachers made for the Grinchmas Tree Lighting before Plaza was built? I foresee them doing something like that for Uni Plaza next year in SES' absence.
I agree.
We could see something along the lines of those. SES is definitely a pretty decently size show venue. Why not have two smaller shows?

Maybe Scared Shrekless in the DreamWorks theater could play during the day as well as HHN. I know it's decades old now but it could be adapted to 4D pretty easily. I remember them doing a musical number with MJ's Thriller. Maybe they could set up a little dance party in the pre-show and they could just have some voice lines about Lord Farquaads Zombie or something? I don't remember the plot of Shrekless.

Universal Plaza works pretty well for smaller shows. I remember the bleacher setup. Would lend itself well to a magic show actually. I could see a lot of the GP actually sitting down to watch it if they are able to get a good illusionist. Could even play into the whole freakshow theme and have a scare zone tie into it.

Could.maybe even have rotating shows at UP. Rotate Magic and Improv if we lose SES by then. It'd work better in SES though,

I like the Elevator Voice....most people i heard laughed at it and while its not make or break for the event it had character over....a generic voice

Bill and Ted is better then the show we have now, but I'm fine with the girls not dancing in the front that is something that is just from a past era and its fine to move on from that. at least for me the girl's I went with were never a fan of the dancer, now maybe if one was a guy dancer and the other was a girl dance could have maybe worked but it was aimed at basically one audience and HHN has grown out of that one audience.

As for a second show we have Water World or the Dream Works theater. Honestly just make a Chucky show and either venue could work for it but WW would be better mainly because you could seat wayyyyyyyyyyy more people. But if Chucky is too much then a behind the scenes making of horror films in the dreamworks theater would be cool to.

Show a trailer for the new Halloween/Black Phone now on Peacock in the loading area before you get in the theater and then have a 10-15 min show where they go behind the scenes into the making of some new horror films or even how this years HHN came to be. Anything to eat people and let you get off your feet for a few mins would be nice

Reactions: nicodingus
In the first of our two-part behind-the-scenes preview, we take a look at The Horrors of Blumhouse, featuring the films, Freaky and The Black Phone.

HHN Merch finally dropped, its a very good year in my opinion and if the NOPE tram jacket is also a T shirt then I'll be getting that and some other items thus year for sure

I love shows so I'm lovin' the talk of shows. I remember the "freak" show that was at the Panasonic Theater
and then at Animal Actors stage. Fire eating, escape act, bed of nails, that kind of thing.

It's sad there is really only one venue that can really be used these days. Bill & Ted in the WW arena just
didn't work as well as when it was in Wild West or the castle. WW has too small a "stage" area and too
far away from the audience to work as anything but a big stunt show.

Better look at the Merch, Getting the Tram T shirt and maybe the HHN tank top with all the mazes on the back

Jason Guy at WESH is the biggest HHN/Halloween fan and I always love his stories about HHN:

Jason Guy at WESH is the biggest HHN/Halloween fan and I always love his stories about HHN:

Wrong thread haha, looks cool though