Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SIF previous years always became more aggravating and annoying instead of suspenseful. I can't remember which maze, maybe it was a SAW, but having to go through a single room and pushing multiple giant sheets of plastic and trying to make sure it doesn't whack the person behind me really bums me out and takes me out of the zone.

I honestly loved them not being there last year.

The SIF previous years always became more aggravating and annoying instead of suspenseful. I can't remember which maze, maybe it was a SAW, but having to go through a single room and pushing multiple giant sheets of plastic and trying to make sure it doesn't whack the person behind me really bums me out and takes me out of the zone.

I honestly loved them not being there last year.
It's a tricky balance honestly, previous years have kind of misused them and overused them, but overall I think they're more useful than not.
2021 made it apparent to me just how much SIF prevents you from seeing scares go for the group in front of you, I missed probably more scares last year than any other on that fact alone, not to mention they function pretty well as a way to move from one scene to the next, like a camera cutting between shots, though when you're just in black walls or something and theres nothing to see, it does feel a little redundant.

I agree that there's a balance because there's a certain amount of trade off. You can do goosenecks instead of SIF doorways, but it takes up more space and in Hollywood they tend to leave them unthemed.

Reactions: Clive
Random fun fact(ish) that I didn't know where else to post this:
I counted all the mazes HHNH has done since post-hiatus and counted all the mazes KSF has done since 2006 (same time frame).
Depending on your definition of a new maze, HHNH has had in total 70-80 whole new mazes.
In that same time, KSF has had 60-70.
KSF ranged from 8-12 total mazes open in a year, while HHNH ranged from 2-10.

Basically, HHNH has come to a point where it has undoubtedly surpassed the amount of new content that KSF has put out in the same time frame.
KSF's maze count surprised me a bit since it feels like they always have the same mazes, although that number is a bit of a cheat since it's counting all the 2006 mazes as if they were all new that year (which they were not).
HHNH's maze count surprised me because while they do have the every-so-often full-on repeat, their maze numbers were mostly low for the first 5 or so years with 5-6 mazes max.

Do we know anything about La Llorona’s return? Im wondering if its just La Llorona or maybe a general Mexican folklore house?

Do we know anything about La Llorona’s return? Im wondering if its just La Llorona or maybe a general Mexican folklore house?

Well, the facade certainly appears to be more or less identical to the previous La Llorona houses. Houses in the Parisian Courtyard location tend to have an accompanying scare zone on French Street, however...

Reactions: deadbydawn
La Llorona vs. El Cucuy vs. El Chupacabra....
That'd actually be a really interesting house although it wouldn't make any sense on the folklore sense.
To be fair, we haven't seen the rest of the facade. I'm also curious if the maze will be mostly the same or throw in some twists....

La Llorona vs. El Cucuy vs. El Chupacabra....
That'd actually be a really interesting house although it wouldn't make any sense on the folklore sense.
To be fair, we haven't seen the rest of the facade. I'm also curious if the maze will be mostly the same or throw in some twists....
I would humble your expectations and anticipate the house being a condensed version of the 2011 house to fit Parisian Courtyard.

I would humble your expectations and anticipate the house being a condensed version of the 2011 house to fit Parisian Courtyard.
Oh nah, I'm not saying it would be something that grand. Only that it would be interesting. Mazes in this venue aren't usually very detailed being one of the smaller spaces

I don't think we'll be seeing the lake scene. I believe someone said that Murdy didn't want to do a scene like that again.
So I was saying I wonder if it will be adapted for the smaller footprint or will it have new scenes entirely to replace the ones that are too grand.

I would love a folklore maze. If that is the case, to truncate the OG La Llorona maze into like 3 or 4 scenes, it'd be pretty easy. The opening would be the church since that's the facade, then you need either the graveyard (which they cut in 2012) or the lake scene (which I'm assuming won't fit and Murdy has said he doesn't want to do), then the two finales of La Llorona entering the children's houses.

Same with Cucuy, but I remember that maze a little less, but it didn't take a whole lot to get the point across.

Honestly, if that's the maze, I'd be VERY excited. Two all-timers back with a new legend added in.

Yeah idk I feel like we're letting some fun speculation become accepted fact here, though these ideas are fun and it'd be great to see them in another year.

On another note, any bets on when Killer Klownz will be announced?

Yeah idk I feel like we're letting some fun speculation become accepted fact here, though these ideas are fun and it'd be great to see them in another year.

On another note, any bets on when Killer Klownz will be announced?

Curious on if we'll get anything on tomorrow or Thursday. Not sure if I think it's Killer Klowns, especially considering we're still waiting on Scarecrow to pop up on the HHN site (gut makes me wonder if they could go with all the original mazes in one moment).

It amuses me seeing all the talk about Parisian Courtyard being a "small" maze location, despite how much can fit into the area. It's funny because it sounds exactly like Orlando fans used to claim how "small" the Sprung Tents were.

Honestly, at this rate I don't even expect them to announce La Llorona or Killer Klowns. They'll just exist & be open for the event :lol:

It amuses me seeing all the talk about Parisian Courtyard being a "small" maze location, despite how much can fit into the area. It's funny because it sounds exactly like Orlando fans used to claim how "small" the Sprung Tents were.

Honestly, at this rate I don't even expect them to announce La Llorona or Killer Klowns. They'll just exist & be open for the event :lol:
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it said a few months back that parisian is actually bigger square footage wise compared to the old shrek queue location?
Could be misremembering, but I feel like I remember people saying that.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it said a few months back that parisian is actually bigger square footage wise compared to the old shrek queue location?
Could be misremembering, but I feel like I remember people saying that.

It’s got a deceptive amount of space, but the layout is strange. That’s why people view it as “small” even though it’s capable of hosting larger sets.

Reactions: Wesker69
I dont know why but i'm expecting the La Llorona maze to have a massive line. Was the OG popular? Its such a heavy folklore monster in the area.

I dont know why but i'm expecting the La Llorona maze to have a massive line. Was the OG popular? Its such a heavy folklore monster in the area.
Historically, the Parisian courtyard house generally doesn't have a huge line around 9:30 or 10, which is when I normally get around to doing the upper lot houses. I'm sure it will have a fairly large line at first, but it's usually not more than 30 min by then.

Reactions: Grimm
Like @Freak mentioned, that venue gets low wait times right in the middle of the event, but to answer your question and to go into further speculation on the line:
The OG was very popular. I'd say the second most popular of 2011 and 2012 behind The Thing and The Walking Dead respectively.
With that said, it has been 10 whole years since that last maze (WOW, time sure does fly). That's nearly 2-3 new generations of high schoolers who have never been to the event, on top of newcomers in general, on top of the growing popularity of HHN year in and year out, and on top of the people who will specifically come to the event just to check this out since it's such a big urban legend.
With Killer Klownz being done recently, the Universal Monsters never really generating the biggest lines, Halloween being nothing special by this point, the two Blumhouse properties weren't exactly smash hits (Freaky basically flopped even for a Blumhouse title, but at least The Black Phone is doing well), Hotel Deville and Scarecrow may be great but have very low awareness other than possible word of mouth if those mazes are good -- you're basically looking at La Llorona being second most popular again after The Weeknd UNLESS something goes drastically wrong and it's terrible with negative word of mouth steering people away.

Like @Freak mentioned, that venue gets low wait times right in the middle of the event, but to answer your question and to go into further speculation on the line:
The OG was very popular. I'd say the second most popular of 2011 and 2012 behind The Thing and The Walking Dead respectively.
With that said, it has been 10 whole years since that last maze (WOW, time sure does fly). That's nearly 2-3 new generations of high schoolers who have never been to the event, on top of newcomers in general, on top of the growing popularity of HHN year in and year out, and on top of the people who will specifically come to the event just to check this out since it's such a big urban legend.
With Killer Klownz being done recently, the Universal Monsters never really generating the biggest lines, Halloween being nothing special by this point, the two Blumhouse properties weren't exactly smash hits (Freaky basically flopped even for a Blumhouse title, but at least The Black Phone is doing well), Hotel Deville and Scarecrow may be great but have very low awareness other than possible word of mouth if those mazes are good -- you're basically looking at La Llorona being second most popular again after The Weeknd UNLESS something goes drastically wrong and it's terrible with negative word of mouth steering people away.

That's true. I think it could really go either way.
Weeknd and Blumhouse are the only houses this year that have properties guests will probably be aware of.
I could see La Llorona having the highest wait times this year, but it honestly would depend on the quality of the maze.
It's hard to say just how good they can go in this venue. I remember Dracula Untold having pretty decent set design so it could surprise.
Buuut mazes in this venue tend to suffer from the issue of walls being too short if anything and that might make it a little less immersive but it's really anybody's guess what will be top 3 this year.

I'm more curious to see what they are going to do with Killer Klownz. Given it's supposed to be a sequel house.
I believe I heard about Murdy wanting to do the "knock his block off" gag but chose to do Shadowpuppet instead in 2019.
Maybe we'll see the boxing Clown this year. There are rumors that the maze starts in the space ship this year again so there's also the possibility of exploring other parts of the ship.
Given the big top facade is literally the entrance to the ship, sounds plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.