Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'd be nice to have something in Hogsmeade because the event feels too empty without a bit of ambience there. If you do early entry and go from the lower lot mazes to the Curious George mazes and Terror Tram after, you don't see a single scarezone in operation until maybe 9, 10 or 11PM into your night.

This has been a major thing I've always talked about in my reviews though since they got rid of the lower lot zones. And the backlot Metro set zones were always delayed until opening, so sometimes you'd finish the mazes before then and literally miss them (not counting Toxxic Tunnel because...who counts that).

I think it'd be nice to have something in Hogsmeade because the event feels too empty without a bit of ambience there. If you do early entry and go from the lower lot mazes to the Curious George mazes and Terror Tram after, you don't see a single scarezone in operation until maybe 9, 10 or 11PM into your night.

This has been a major thing I've always talked about in my reviews though since they got rid of the lower lot zones. And the backlot Metro set zones were always delayed until opening, so sometimes you'd finish the mazes before then and literally miss them (not counting Toxxic Tunnel because...who counts that).
This is something I don't think about much of but just realized upon reading this. You literally don't encounter a single scarezone until you're well into the night. Like maybe the last third of your stay at HHN. A scarezone in Potter is sorely needed.

How doable would it be to have both Dark Arts and a Death Eater scarezone going at the same time? I know it would be kinda crowded but it would be nice to add a second show to eat people up.

I personally don't count French St as an actual SZ due to the fact that the only way to experience it is going through the Parisian Courtyard maze. To me, it's classified as "Maze Finale Sz" since it's technically part of the maze. I have no issues with this, just stop including it separately to "up your count" of line-up offerings.

I'm sure it'll be a logistical queue nightmare with a NEW maze in TWD Attraction building to even dream of NOT-Baker's Street getting a SZ again.

Let's just hope the "Day of the Dead" returns to Universal Plaza because it seemed like a good "void filler" instead of queue line space.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I personally don't count French St as an actual SZ due to the fact that the only way to experience it is going through the Parisian Courtyard maze. To me, it's classified as "Maze Finale Sz" since it's technically part of the maze. I have no issues with this, just stop including it separately to "up your count" of line-up offerings.

I'm sure it'll be a logistical queue nightmare with a NEW maze in TWD Attraction building to even dream of NOT-Baker's Street getting a SZ again.

Let's just hope the "Day of the Dead" returns to Universal Plaza because it seemed like a good "void filler" instead of queue line space.
It may have changed after my time there, since I only went opening weekend, but if I'm not mistaken, last year French St was actually open from both directions, and you could walk through at your leisure, there was even a path next to the queue for Bride that opened up around despicable me that let you walk between the two streets like the old days. I think minions cafe was open or something, and it was mostly just a logistical thing to let people get back there, but at least while I was there it was kinda back to its old self in terms of layout.

Reactions: JS610 and Clive
Hey there! I'm going to be attending opening night (Sep 8) this year and was curious if there's any special information I should be aware of. I've heard things such as that there is no early entry during opening night and that the lines are actually shorter than an hour, even though opening night tends to sell out. Any confirmation to these and anything else I should be notified about?
This part has definitely been true in my experiences. I don't know this for sure but it's always felt like they cap attendance for the regular crowd so the celebs and media can experience the event easier. The thing is, they don't hang around for very long -- media take off early so they can start exporting their footage and obviously celebs aren't gonna spend more time around normies than they have to. Last year it was especially true -- it was easily the least crowded night of those I attended -- but I kinda remember people saying they rolled back some COVID protocols after a couple nights, so maybe it was that more than anything else.

Still, even before COVID, opening night had very manageable crowds.

It may have changed after my time there, since I only went opening weekend, but if I'm not mistaken, last year French St was actually open from both directions, and you could walk through at your leisure, there was even a path next to the queue for Bride that opened up around despicable me that let you walk between the two streets like the old days. I think minions cafe was open or something, and it was mostly just a logistical thing to let people get back there, but at least while I was there it was kinda back to its old self in terms of layout.

This was new for 2021, but yes, French Street is now a two-way/traditional zone. Not everyone realized this, but you were free to come and go as you pleased. I expect the same will be true this year.

I don't think Dark Arts, the show, is happening. They need that artery clear so that people can reach the Curious George mazes.

As for the rest... I think it'd be best to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised if something materializes.

Okay, I looked into it some more. There’s definitely something going on here. Cross your fingers, folks.
fingers-crossed-hoping.gif

As far as the comment when you talked about Death Eaters, wouldn't IOA be considered the Lite version, as they don't go all the way to Tri-Wizard stage like Osaka did?

fingers-crossed-hoping.gif

As far as the comment when you talked about Death Eaters, wouldn't IOA be considered the Lite version, as they don't go all the way to Tri-Wizard stage like Osaka did?

I would not expect the special effect activations we see in the Orlando iteration. If it happens - and after 2019, I consider it a big if until I literally see them in Hogsmeade - I imagine they will treat it like a normal-ish scare zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.