Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.....

I know almost none of us want Insidious again, but being this is Hollywood and Murdy looooooooooves to recycle properties....

That trailer is fake. The “INSIDIOUS Movies” channel that posted it is not official, the trailer itself consists of stitched together footage from the first four films and other movies, and it’s nowhere to be found through any actually official source, be it Universal, Blumhouse, Hollywood trades, or any of the creative individuals involved. A fifth movie is definitely coming, but this trailer is BS, like so many other fan-made “official trailers” that clog up YouTube.

Last edited:
So... it goes without saying that I'll be genuinely livid if we don't get a SCREAM maze this year.
Could be any film in the franchise. Could be all the films in the franchise. I don't care. The time is now. All of them fit and the movie is about to have a great weekend with really positive feedback. HHN should not and CAN NOT mess this up.
Personally I'd love a mashup maze this year with one based on the new film next year. Or it could be something cool like only the movies based in Woodsboro (1, 4, 5). Ofcourse would love to see stuff from 2 and 3 (3 is the EASIEST since a lot of it takes place at a film studio), but beggars can't be choosers.

Man I really hate that I’m not going to be able to see Scream until Tuesday.

But yeah I agree that this year is their last shot of attempting to do a Scream house.
If it’s not this year, it won’t happen ever. They better not mess this up with a bunch of black walls in every room.

I really believe if they went with simply going for a “Stab-a-thon gone wrong” theme instead of doing the lame “fake films” story from 2011, the Tram would’ve done a lot better then. Although if they had the option of doing a better job at that concept for the tram or Fear Street, I think the latter would be more preferable.But in my eyes, the tram is the tram. I’m not gonna care much what the theme is. I just want to see a Scream house.

Candyman or It or Babadook?

Hmmm. Maybe Hellraiser (1987)?

While I do think Candyman (1992/2021) is a good speculation answer, I feel like Candyman's lore is a lot more easier to communicate than the lore and story of Hellraiser.

Edit: About my Hellraiser comments, I didn’t see the tweet where Murdy said it’s post 2010 until after posting my original post. Oops.

I have not seen Fear Street yet, but if that did appear at the event, would that story struggle to be communicated well in a maze?

Last edited:
Hmmm. Maybe Hellraiser (1987)?

While I do think Candyman (1992/2021) is a good speculation answer, I feel like Candyman's lore is a lot more easier to communicate than the lore and story of Hellraiser.

I have not seen Fear Street yet, but if that did appear at the event, would that story struggle to be communicated well in a maze?
Murdy tweeted that the IP is post 2010.

Scream 5 just outperformed Spiderman!

Who would’ve thought a horror film like Scream would be the movie to finally dethrone Spiderman from the box office? This is certainly nothing to scoff at. I think Universal would be unwise to not pursue Scream for a house.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Who would’ve thought a horror film like Scream would be the movie to finally dethrone Spiderman from the box office? This is certainly nothing to scoff at. I think Universal would be unwise to not pursue Scream for a house.

There's a lot of factors at play here but analysts have been predicting it'd beat it for a couple of weeks now. With Spidey entering his fifth week and Scream being the only major movie coming out since mostly everything got moved due to the pandemic, it made sense. Matrix, Sing 2, and King's Man were all pretty dumb to come out after Spidey when there was a perfectly good weekend a week or two before with no new releases. And absolutely nobody cared about The 355, which had very little marketing and poor reviews, especially not taking the risk with Omicron. Scream had hype from critics and fans, great marketing, was the right IP at the right time, and people were finally done rewatching Spidey (well... some people haha). And Scream will continue to do well because again, NOTHING is coming out until February to challenge it. In a weird way, the pandemic gave Scream the best case scenario to succeed. By the time Jackass Forever comes out (another Paramount film), this new Scream very well make the most money out of any in the franchise. It's already about to beat Scream 4's entire theatrical run domestically in just one 3 day weekend.

Huge Scream fan here. The newest film was great. I would love to see it at Horror Nights this year. Doesn't even need to be based on the newest film. I'd be happy with any Scream film presence.

Reactions: DTH
As I posted in the Orlando thread, I saw the new Scream movie. I enjoyed it. As much as I would prefer they do the first one, I can understand if they can't of rights issues. I'd be totally cool if they did a house on the new movie but there is one scene from the original that I hope they can somehow sneak in if rights are an issue.

They could easily just make a house based on this. The first house already looks kinda similar to Casey Becker's house (Well, same feel at least), and they even revist the old house at the end. The one scene I'm talking about that I hope they can sneak in is that garage door scene. While I feel like Orlando's team is the one more likely to take legal risks over Hollywood's, I doubt Murdy will bother as he doesn't want to take risks like that. Plus, it'll give him an excuse to not bother.

I mentioned in the Orlando thread about them getting creative with scrim and pepper's ghost effects like hallucination billy or "clips" from Stab 8 played out live with wall scrims, but I really don't see Murdy going above and beyond for a property he doesn't like to begin with.
If Scream does come to Hollywood, I really doubt it will be great. Murdy really doesn't like this IP (Hence his comments about a goofy person in a mask from Scary Movie) and he will probably treat this as the black wall budget house. But.....

I wouldn't mind seeing the ending for Halloween 2016 being reused with blacklight ghostface killers lunging at you. That would be an excellent finale and a good use of black walls.
Outside of that....I think Murdy will treat this just like every other Halloween house he's done since '09. Just business as usual. It will likely end up in the WW queue as that seems to be his favorite "slasher venue" now. If it doesn't come this year, it's not happening ever.

I mentioned in the Orlando thread about them getting creative with scrim and pepper's ghost effects like hallucination billy or "clips" from Stab 8 played out live with wall scrims, but I really don't see Murdy going above and beyond for a property he doesn't like to begin with.
I mean to be fair Haunting of Hill House was almost entirely Scrim Effects throughout the Entire Experience.

All of the Billy Loomis Hallucination Stuff in Scream 5 happen at 2 points (Technically 3 because of the Car Scene) for scenes that are Maze Available. Which are the Hospital Attack and when Sam is being attacked by Richie.

Billy Loomis only appears in the Mirror so I imagine they would treat it almost as a Scrim Scare like Hill House or Halloween 4 did.

Anyone else get a survey about next year? The list of potential properties looked promising besides music artists and repeats. For some reason they were really pushing a house based on an actor on me.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Status
Not open for further replies.