Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so we're still waiting to see if Evil Dead Rise is in the horror hotel location (I'm hoping for that personally)
Part of me is still hoping it won't be Evil Dead: Rise and will either be one of the original Evil Dead films or the 2013 remake. I know it's probably definitely not happening but I'm holding out a little hope...
ash williams starz GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Part of me is still hoping it won't be Evil Dead: Rise and will either be one of the original Evil Dead films or the 2013 remake. I know it's probably definitely not happening, but I'm holding out a little hope... just like eagerly waiting for those Roblox Halloween gift boxes to make a comeback. The anticipation and excitement surrounding movie announcements and seasonal surprises can lead to various speculations and desires. While there's no guarantee that the Halloween gift boxes will return, it's okay to remain optimistic and hope for a delightful surprise. Regardless of the outcomes, keeping those little hopes alive adds to the excitement of the upcoming announcements. Enjoy the suspense and anticipation of both your favorite movies and possible Roblox treats!

Confusion Reaction GIF

I feel like I'm the only one not particularly excited about the line up. I don't think it sounds terrible by any means, but just feel a bit underwhelmed. None of these properties so far resonate much with me.
I’m with you to an extent. Personally excited by The Last of Us and the Monstrous original but that’s it.

I feel like I'm the only one not particularly excited about the line up. I don't think it sounds terrible by any means, but just feel a bit underwhelmed. None of these properties so far resonate much with me.
I don't know this is the most excited since I've been since 2019, we have a slasher who's never got a house (Chucky's Funhouse was just an overlay), the best season of Stranger Things, and one of the coolest video games. The original maze looks great, Monsters is always fun, and Exorcist is a total wild card.

• I've never seen nor read Last of Us, so to me it's just "random zombie property".
  • The new Exorcist movie looks generic, uninspired and by the book. I suppose it'll make a fine maze, but nothing exciting (to me)
  • Stranger Things I'm naively optimistic... I feel there's good potential for a maze... but that last one was so underwhelming, I've lost a bit of faith, so we'll see
  • Monstruos looks fine (although the subtitle "The Monsters of of Latin America" sounds like a name that, if Six Flags people made it, would be mocked endlessly). And while I'm glad there's another cultural maze going in, there's a LOT of other cultures to explore that haven't even been touched yet. French Extremity? The movie Incantation? Japanese or Chinese horror? Manga? There's some crazy imagery there that has been completely ignored
  • Chucky and Unamsked will be fun, I'm sure I'll enjoy them, but still not on the "OMG" excitement scale for me
And yes, I still call them mazes. I'm a child of the 80s, and they've been mazes for 35+ years for me. Come at me. :lol:

Reactions: Freak
  • I've never seen nor read Last of Us, so to me it's just "random zombie property".
And yes, I still call them mazes. I'm a child of the 80s, and they've been mazes for 35+ years for me. Come at me. :lol:

See I'm willing to ask this but: have you had experience playing modern console gaming? Because The Last of Us is not a book--and the ease of accessibility is clear and present with The Last of Us.

The "Come at me" is all I needed to see at this point.

I actually don't have a problem with what RideGuy says for the most part--and I actually agree that I wish more diversity and expansion in what was offered, is a thing that happened here. It's why I am actually excited that Universal finally has a DIE group in place for HHN representation (and yes, I am using DIE instead of DEI. It's fitting).

Monstruos feels like an evolution of both La Llorona, El Cucuy, and El Pueblo Del Terror in the sense of expanding the horizon on how much is seen and heard: the same goes for Momias, and where exactly they are pulling (despite the fact that I think it's time we have shifted to asian horror with Japanese oni/yokai.

Reactions: Rideguy70
See I'm willing to ask this but: have you had experience playing modern console gaming? Because The Last of Us is not a book--and the ease of accessibility is clear and present with The Last of Us.

I have not. Console gaming holds zero interest for me.

My console gaming experience died with the Atari 2600, haha

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I have not. Console gaming holds zero interest for me. I've never even played a single Nintendo game.

My console gaming experience died with the Atari 2600, haha

I'd say then there are still plenty of ways to catch onto The Last of Us, even if you don't intend on playing the game or watching the show (hell, the house is tackling something that prodomimently has not been part of the show as it was intended).

It's worth a watch if you have the desire for a short time, as it gives you a sense of what to expect (As The Last of Us is more than just simply a zombie apocalypse story). I get why you are not interested in playing, and I do hope you find love in the house; even if it is somewhat more an original in your perspective due to this.

Double posting, but with Orlando getting it I must ask:

Where is our David S. Pumpkins appreciation. For an event that has some of the scariest things, I have to think they'd be saving the scariest thing of all to be saved for last. #JusticeForPumpkins

Reactions: MikePat
Double posting, but with Orlando getting it I must ask:

Where is our David S. Pumpkins appreciation. For an event that has some of the scariest things, I have to think they'd be saving the scariest thing of all to be saved for last. #JusticeForPumpkins
Hold up, is that for real? Orlando is getting a David S Pumpkins attraction of some sort? That's hilarious.

Hold up, is that for real? Orlando is getting a David S Pumpkins attraction of some sort? That's hilarious.

oh yeah no, the one and only DAVID S. PUMPKINS MAN, is coming to the Peacock Bar. Been getting circulations on another possibly being involved for Orlando, but that is unsure.

With the sake of Bride seemingly like an guarantee to be coming back, like La Llorona, I genuinely wonder if Hollywood could justify having the bar that was for After Hours last year become a Peacock bar. Would be rather easy to do, and it'd allow them to promote Twisted Metal, DAVID S. PUMPKINS MAN, and even IP like FNAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.