Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This was mentioned a while ago, but I think it's likely we could see The Last of Us as the Terror Tram theme. It was a very popular IP last year that could fit the Terror Tram very well. They could easily recycle some elements from the house, as well as utilize some ideas from The Walking Dead overlay.
Now I'm wondering whether or not we get a tram hosted by Hollywood Harry from what @HydraGen2299 said or if we are getting a last of us tram. If these things somehow become combined though I don't know what to think.

I know everyone is caught up in this year being the 40th anniversary of the original Elm Street, but it's also the 40th anniversary of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. Just spit-balling, but I'd be down for a maze honoring that that kind of covers the "nightmare week" that the second, third, and fourth films all take place over -- the maze starts out with Jason and his sack head covering Part II, the middle of the maze features Jason getting his mask and having some goofy "3D kills," and then the final part of the maze features the Trish/Tommy showdown with Jason, mask off and ugly face in all its glory! (I'm also envisioning the maze ending on the note of Tommy hacking Jason to bits screaming "Die!" with one last scare being him coming at us.)

Considering The Final Chapter is one of the better-loved entries in the franchise, it could be the perfect "in" for bringing Jason back with a milestone honoring the first stretch of his legacy. (And yes, before a certain someone chimes in, I know Jason doesn't need a reason to be brought to HHN and I know the prequel series alone would be something Universal would bank on for marketing, but I'm just throwing this out as a concept for what they could do to mark the 40th anniversary of one of Jason's most important films.)

This was mentioned a while ago, but I think it's likely we could see The Last of Us as the Terror Tram theme. It was a very popular IP last year that could fit the Terror Tram very well.
No thanks... We still have enough material from the first game for more houses, we don't need it used for Terror Tram. They should just stick to original ideas for the Terror Tram honestly, Hollywood Harry/Larry Larva are awesome

Someone else mentioned it but if Chucky doesn’t return as UKC I totally see it being the Terror Tram theme.
Honesty I would not want chucky to come to the event as a terror tram theme. I also do not want chucky to return to the event as a maze or not at all. I just hope that if they do reuse chucky in some shape or form that they just reuse the animatronics for a different maze. Chucky had his run and he should have nothing to with HHN as of right now. Also it might be almost time of HHN Hollywood construction the rain might delay the construction even more though can't do anything in this weather.

Reactions: Disneyland/DCA
One thing about the metro set gauntlets going away: for a brief moment, it felt like we had a strong pipeline of cool, fleshed out, original scarezones that can get turned into houses/trams. That's no longer really here. The Parisian street sets are fun and elaborate but they're kinda too tied to the mazes.

This was mentioned a while ago, but I think it's likely we could see The Last of Us as the Terror Tram theme. It was a very popular IP last year that could fit the Terror Tram very well. They could easily recycle some elements from the house, as well as utilize some ideas from The Walking Dead overlay.
I'd be down

I doubt it will happen but I have zero interest in Harry and Clowns

Larry sure because the bug things is so ridiculously and cheesy and dumb fun but clones to me always feel like so generic to me

But Last of Us would work well, but heck if the Metro sets came back I'd be down for it even just to be a Mini Maze or Scare zone in the Metro area.
While last of us wasn't the best maze it like Stranger things its a HOT IP that get s lines but if Universal is willing to do a 1.5 Maze and and reuse some things but mainly make it where your in the snow town/David's Town then that would be my top vote but if they don't have the room for last of us house then tram would work fine with me.

Since everyone is thinking an IP such as Nightmare on Elm Street, or Texas chainsaw massacre could be coming to HHN is it not at all possible for them to bring back the original titans of terror maze? I would not mind that at all if that was possible. I assume that licensing would be extremely hard for HHN to get the rights to do this maze again though.

The licensing rights for Freddy and Jason have gotten a lot more complicated since they had Titans of Terror. As it stands, I don't know if it would make sense to go through the work to get permission to use one of these characters, and not dedicate an entire maze to them.

The licensing rights for Freddy and Jason have gotten a lot more complicated since they had Titans of Terror. As it stands, I don't know if it would make sense to go through the work to get permission to use one of these characters, and not dedicate an entire maze to them.
Oh That means we can't get Freddy vs Jason again either. I really wanted to see that maze it looked fun. The Original nightmare on elm street maze also looks fun and that still stands. I missed a lot of good mazes I have only been going since HHN 2022. Maybe HHN can even use Freddy Kruger for another original maze set in the world of Nightmare of elm street. Either way if Freddy Kruger makes a return to the event it might be looking like a good year.

Last edited:
fwiw I do *think* we’re getting a horror icon, I’m just speculating as it stands for who it’s gonna be. But I’m narrowing it down to either Freddy or Jason. Will be pissed if it’s Myers though lol.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
fwiw I do *think* we’re getting a horror icon, I’m just speculating as it stands for who it’s gonna be. But I’m narrowing it down to either Freddy or Jason. Will be pissed if it’s Myers though lol.
What if its based on the new films?

As far as F13/Jason goes.... just give me Jason X! :eyes: :skull: We need another sci-fi house (in space!!).

Honesty I would not want chucky to come to the event as a terror tram theme. I also do not want chucky to return to the event as a maze or not at all. I just hope that if they do reuse chucky in some shape or form that they just reuse the animatronics for a different maze. Chucky had his run and he should have nothing to with HHN as of right now.
Haha wow. So much wrong here. Chucky will never be considered a one&done thing for Hollywood's event. He is literally a staple of this event's history. Whether it's his Insult Emporium, House, or Terror Tram, he will continue to be a part of Hollywood. His Terror Tram (with Freddy, Jason & Leatherface) was one of the strongest, despite recycled content. He has the most-active on-going franchise with 7 films & a TV series with more story to tell as long as Don Mancini (his creator) lives. Besides, Chucky sells merch $$$$.

I just want the original NoES. That’s it.
Not even Orlando has done it. Their 2007 house was an "IP original" with iconic scenes/kills from the entire franchise. Honestly, it's the best way to approach NOES.

Besides, "New Nightmare" Freddy is a must :p

I just want the original NoES. That’s it.
I don't mind this at all Freddy Kruger is always welcomed especially a house based off of the original nightmare on elm street. I personally prefer him instead of any other slashers. He is one of the best horror icons. Also I can't be the only person who wants themed events to come back now the main theme of HHN is "never go alone" for some reason?

now the main theme of HHN is "never go alone" for some reason?
That's not so much a theme, just really bad & lazy marketing... it needs to be Purged.

As far as Hollywood having an overall event "theme", they don't really do that due to the heavy IP use. The closest to a "themed" event was 2006 (The Director) & 2007 (Ringmaster Jack & the Carnival of Carnage)..

Usually the closest thing Hollywood would get for a theme/marketing is Terror Tram being the headliner & maybe the entrance SZ tied in. Even that was loosely applied.