Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah I'm really onboard with House #7 being the Monsters house. It lines up perfectly with the Dracula speculation.

From the Cluesheet:
-When asked "Is this an IP original like TCM: Blood Bros?", he replied "Probably". So possibly an "IP original".
-"I spent a lot of time researching the Illuminati symbol and other triangular shaped symbols."
-"I spent a lot of time researching a real place that's 'history' is mostly fiction."

"A real place that's 'history' is mostly fiction". Guys. Transylvania. It's right there in front of us. Lol

I'd still love to see a house utilizing HHN Japan's "Cyberpunk Universal Monsters" SZ concept..

As much of a Dracula fanboy that I am, I'm not sold on him getting a solo run yet. Although I'm still feeling burned by how poorly Phantom's debut/shared house turned out last year.

Gonna actually vehemently disagree that this is Chucky. Looking at the clues, it seems this house will be requiring a look examining a place that has been fictionalized of it's history (despite it being a real place). And alongside that, Murdy had to look at the meanings of symbols that could correlate with it.

The immediate thought, is Transylvanian and the UM being about a cult of worshippers.

Dracula and a cult? Is Dracula supposedly going after another object that will make him more powerful? This seems interesting. I mean what could Dracula possibly want with a cult. Does any of you think that it might be almost time for construction season to start? John Murdy is supposedly done writing all of the house treatments unless their is a 9th house which I don't think will happen.

Last edited:
Does any of you think that it might be almost time for construction season to start?
April is the safest guess right now.
John Murdy is supposedly done writing all of the house treatments unless their is a 9th house which I don't think will happen.
He said he was done with the 8th house during his Feb 10th Q&A consisting of mostly lies. Yesterday, he flat out said this
1000009511.jpg
The previous statement was him being a carny. This seems to be more in line with actual truth. Don't hold your breath for a 9th house when we barely have room for 7-8 houses.

I'd hope they wouldn't leave out:
- Phantom of the Opera
- Frankenstein
- Creature From The Black Lagoon
- Invisible Man

Also I'm guessing this is for Citywalk, since the in-park Production Central store was demolished for Fast & Furious

image.pngimage.pngWanted to take a crack at solving these clues. I really liked how unmasked was supposed to be a tribute to the silent era of monsters (invisible man was kinda there) and I’ve had this wish that maybe they can do the same for the cheesy 50s era monsters and I’ve been thinking about it and I think that these clues are not only referring to our monsters house but I think the location Murdy’s been studying is Area 51. It’s a real place that most of its “history” (quotation marks are important) is fictional. The whole Illuminati angle also ties into that since both Area 51 and that are in the same realm of conspiracy. I dunno Just spitballing here I really like the idea of some classic 50s monsters wreaking havoc escaping a top secret government base after being experimented on.

Attachments

• IMG_8261.jpeg
    IMG_8261.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8259.jpeg
    IMG_8259.jpeg
    633.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I really like the idea of some classic 50s monsters wreaking havoc escaping a top secret government base after being experimented on.
Well CFTBL was 1954... and if he was experimented on, then making him grow giant & swallowing us is totally plausible! :p

As for AREA 51, back in 1997, Hollywood had a maze of the same name. "Aliens in cold storage and running amok.

The government has been hiding grotesque alien lifeforms for years in this murky maze. This time they've busted from their test tubes and are roaming the dark corridors and virus infected rooms you'll be walking through. Bring your running shoes!"

It featured an alien ship, alien autopsy, alien morgue, medical containment holding room, hallway of alien corpse body bags, etc. Facade looked like CDC Quarantine Headquarters... I feel like this was really trying to capture the X-Files hype

Well CFTBL was 1954... and if he was experimented on, then making him grow giant & swallowing us is totally plausible! :p

As for AREA 51, back in 1997, Hollywood had a maze of the same name. "Aliens in cold storage and running amok.

The government has been hiding grotesque alien lifeforms for years in this murky maze. This time they've busted from their test tubes and are roaming the dark corridors and virus infected rooms you'll be walking through. Bring your running shoes!"

It featured an alien ship, alien autopsy, alien morgue, medical containment holding room, hallway of alien corpse body bags, etc. Facade looked like CDC Quarantine Headquarters... I feel like this was really trying to capture the X-Files hype
been a while since an alien was at the park.

View attachment 20667View attachment 20668Wanted to take a crack at solving these clues. I really liked how unmasked was supposed to be a tribute to the silent era of monsters (invisible man was kinda there) and I’ve had this wish that maybe they can do the same for the cheesy 50s era monsters and I’ve been thinking about it and I think that these clues are not only referring to our monsters house but I think the location Murdy’s been studying is Area 51. It’s a real place that most of its “history” (quotation marks are important) is fictional. The whole Illuminati angle also ties into that since both Area 51 and that are in the same realm of conspiracy. I dunno Just spitballing here I really like the idea of some classic 50s monsters wreaking havoc escaping a top secret government base after being experimented on.

Something I will say--that makes me love this more than the potential of Dracula; is that it continues the trend of experimentalism that has been done with Unmasked and Legends Collide. Subverting expectations, delving into a place that physically has it's history fictionalized due to the omission of knowledge could lead to a lot of fun opportunities.

Regardless if you rope not just Gilman, but also the Mole Men; Tarantula; and even the campy nature from Abbot and Costello. Would be down for either, but Area 51 feels like it'd have the potential to be much more of a "Fun" house, like AHN.

View attachment 20667View attachment 20668Wanted to take a crack at solving these clues. I really liked how unmasked was supposed to be a tribute to the silent era of monsters (invisible man was kinda there) and I’ve had this wish that maybe they can do the same for the cheesy 50s era monsters and I’ve been thinking about it and I think that these clues are not only referring to our monsters house but I think the location Murdy’s been studying is Area 51. It’s a real place that most of its “history” (quotation marks are important) is fictional. The whole Illuminati angle also ties into that since both Area 51 and that are in the same realm of conspiracy. I dunno Just spitballing here I really like the idea of some classic 50s monsters wreaking havoc escaping a top secret government base after being experimented on.

Something I will say--that makes me love this more than the potential of Dracula; is that it continues the trend of experimentalism that has been done with Unmasked and Legends Collide. Subverting expectations, delving into a place that physically has it's history fictionalized due to the omission of knowledge could lead to a lot of fun opportunities.

Regardless if you rope not just Gilman, but also the Mole Men; Tarantula; and even the campy nature from Abbot and Costello. Would be down for either, but Area 51 feels like it'd have the potential to be much more of a "Fun" house, like AHN.
I think this would be a great idea for a house, but what if this is the premise for Exterminatorz? I feel like if Exterminatorz is happening as a house, they might both be a little too similar in feel. I think Exterminatorz would fulfill the “fun house” quota. But I would like to see a 50’s atomic age inspired house for the “Universal Monsters” slot someday!

I personally think this is Dracula, and I would actually love a simple Dracula house. I feel like we would be compensated for that Vampyre house that was supposed to go in the Shrek queue way back in 2010.

I think this would be a great idea for a house, but what if this is the premise for Exterminatorz? I feel like if Exterminatorz is happening as a house, they might both be a little too similar in feel. I think Exterminatorz would fulfill the “fun house” quota. But I would like to see a 50’s atomic age inspired house for the “Universal Monsters” slot someday!

I personally think this is Dracula, and I would actually love a simple Dracula house. I feel like we would be compensated for that Vampyre house that was supposed to go in the Shrek queue way back in 2010.
I love Larry larvae but what does he know about Bible psalms?

Dracula's 93rd anniversary is today!

Also the rest of Chucky starts April 10th!
Maybe the only part of the Bible he read was the plagues of Egypt! Bring on the locusts!

I just want the energy the 2015 SZ had more than the campy B-movie style Terror Tram got. Just make it a good balance.

Reactions: chris.g

"The Sqwooge is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my Sqwooge is my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Sqwooge, who is worthy of all praise, and I have been saved from my enemies, those disgusting humans!" - Psalm 18:2-3, The Book of Larry

"The Sqwooge is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my Sqwooge is my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Sqwooge, who is worthy of all praise, and I have been saved from my enemies, those disgusting humans!" - Psalm 18:2-3, The Book of Larry
Interesting it seems like now that we know this information it could go either way. This original could either be Urban Inferno or Exterminatorz. Do you have any more reasons on why you think this maze might be Exterminatorz?

Could’ve sworn Hydra brought up Urban Inferno very early on, especially with how it could fit.
Urban inferno fits the clues like a snug pair of air Jordan’s. Exterminatorz fits the clues like clown shoes or a guy trying to overcompensate and buying a larger pair of sneakers. Like what does sir Galahad have to do with an extermination company run by bugs? I want it to be exterminatorz though I don’t care for urban inferno ironically enough