Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
View attachment 20795
Maybe we should start a Gofundme for CFTBL

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

• Haha
Reactions: Freak and Wesker69
Giving two cents on A Quiet Place--practically with the two films currently released; it is an impossible IP. You don't have enough material from both of the films, ontop of the small scopes that both of the films give. The creatures also would need to be botched; and it would require them to be able to scale down creatures that should be twice the size of Demogorgon's from Stranger Things (which act more humanoid).

While we don't know if Day One will be changing up the formula in how they act and are appeared as; I would not be surprised if they kept the creatures to the constraints of what the duology already does; and while a more urban and metropolitan scale could help in increasing the potential kills--it doesn't necessarily feel practical and sensical to me.

Maybe the film changes things up and I would like to be pleasantly surprised, but I just don't think it will.

Additionally--good to mention I think Parker is somewhat of an Anti-Core? Or atleast, it's generated/typed in a way to be intentionally fake.

If any Paramount IP comes this year I'd assume it'd be Smile as a smaller, Hollywood exclusive IP.
Argued this with someone else before--but interested to get a good understanding; what exactly makes Smile a good IP for HHN to use? My mind tells me it isn't feasible due to certain aspects; but I would be down to be proven wrong.

Argued this with someone else before--but interested to get a good understanding; what exactly makes Smile a good IP for HHN to use? My mind tells me it isn't feasible due to certain aspects; but I would be down to be proven wrong.
Massive hit, small-scale, easy to do the characters, a unique set piece with the big smiler, there's a sequel movie coming out this year. Basically it. If they need a slot filler, that seems like an easy one that won't break the bank.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Feel like Smile would be similar to the likes of Truth or Dare/Unfriended in Blumhouse 2.0

Not enough material for a standalone house?
I think there's enough for a small maze, especially with a sequel coming this year. That having been said, it's still a solidly B-tier property, way lower in popularity than marquee titles like Stranger Things and without the usual fig-leafs of synergy (Crimson Peak, Krampus) or cult classic longevity (Trick R Treat, Killer Klownz, Creepshow) to make it a priority. The closest thing I could compare it to is Evil Dead Rise as a moderately-sized third party hit, but even that is part of a venerable horror franchise and came only as a make-good for a contract screwup on WB's part.

I think it's the likeliest of any Paramount property to come, but I still don't think it's particularly likely.

As @MikePat brought up--essentially the Curious George Parking Lot. Other name applied to it is Cinema Lot, but permits last year I believe had it designated as H-Lot.

Meanwhile, in HHN rumors; an individual called Theme Park Parker is claiming that A Quiet Place is a shared IP.

Didn't they explicitly use A Quiet Place as an example of a property that would be like, near impossible to recreate during the Midsummer Scream 2018 panel? lol
I know a lot has changed since then technologically but like, most of the issues they brought up still stand. It's not really possible to translate the audio design that made the movie memorable into a maze, even if you designed it perfectly accoustically, you're gonna have guests making an insane amount of noise 10 feet apart from each other shattering the whole thing.

Reactions: MikePat
Soooooo Jason Blum wants to do a M3GAN & Imaginary crossover. I say give us Horrors of Blumhouse 4.0 featuring those two. Joint collab between Blum & Murdy before it becomes a thing on the big screen/Peacock (which isn't guaranteed)

Also sidenote: There was an Imaginary pop-up haunt in Hollywood that ended yesterday. Unfortunately it somehow slipped past my radar so I missed out :sob: Anyone else check it out?
1000009780.jpg

Full walk-through experience:

I did it yesterday. It was good, but not great. It would've been better if the pacing had been better. It wasn't a true "maze", but a series of 6 rooms, each with their own "scene". I wouldn't have paid a lot for it, but for free, it was pretty good.

Again, my biggest issue was that often, the"scene" in the room didn't start immediately, leaving a lot of weird, awkward moments where we were just standing around, wondering what was supposed to happen. And the transitions between the rooms were just black curtains... but I'll give them a pass for that, as I'm sure they had to work around whatever space was available. The rooms themselves were pretty well done.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Jake S
It's pretty much how the two "IT" pop-up haunts were as well. (and Fear Street).

I felt that it gave a small hint at what could possibly be done if they used the IP at HHN. They already had the signature black walls! (I couldn't resist)

• Haha
Reactions: ProjectScare
From that event of the LA County Department of Economic Opportunities; I would like to point something unique out that could lead incite to wonder--and that is over at H-Lot/Curious George.

1709489677118.png

Through the 3D Model, in what seems to be showing alongside depcitions of storage containers; is two large boxes of varying sizes adjacent to H-Lot. And unless someone could correct me; these two larger boxes have not existed, and may be alluding to new structures popping up over at that area.

If all else, it does lead to fun speculation to have.

From that event of the LA County Department of Economic Opportunities; I would like to point something unique out that could lead incite to wonder--and that is over at H-Lot/Curious George.

View attachment 20814

Through the 3D Model, in what seems to be showing alongside depcitions of storage containers; is two large boxes of varying sizes adjacent to H-Lot. And unless someone could correct me; these two larger boxes have not existed, and may be alluding to new structures popping up over at that area.

If all else, it does lead to fun speculation to have.
I think we’re reading too much into this model. It’s clearly going to be another grab-n-go place.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69