Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been thinking about Murdy's posts in regards to his most recent final pitch.
Might be kinda a stretch but it being an IP Original and Murdy being really excited pitching it, gives me the vibe he could've been pitching a Universal Monsters house? He's always sort of considered them to be in that IP Original territory to my memory rather than full Original, and he's passionate enough about Dracula that he nearly named one of his kids after Bela Lugosi, so assuming the rumors surrounding that being the focus are right, that seems to fit the bill for me.
To me, #7 gives more the vibes of Dracula. We know from the clues that it seems to border on Original-IP; and the clues feel more apt for that of a place that qualifies with Transylvania. Of a place that's history is made up but has had truth to it; that being from the accounts of Vlad the Impaler.

Perhaps it's me; but it gives me the vibes of something that could work well with Dracula if it ties to his followers like Renfield for #7.

To me, #7 gives more the vibes of Dracula. We know from the clues that it seems to border on Original-IP; and the clues feel more apt for that of a place that qualifies with Transylvania. Of a place that's history is made up but has had truth to it; that being from the accounts of Vlad the Impaler.

Perhaps it's me; but it gives me the vibes of something that could work well with Dracula if it ties to his followers like Renfield for #7.
I just don’t get what Dracula has to do with the Illuminati

Bringing back Urban Inferno after so long seems kinda weird
Exterminatorz had an 8 year gap between SZ & Terror Tram. Amount of time between doesn't matter for an original.

I'm wondering if the IP-Original Murdy mentioned is something like a NOES version of Blood Brothers - e.g. a quasi-original that let's them reuse some assets.
FvsJ was a complete IP original that didn't replicate the movie too

I just don’t get what Dracula has to do with the Illuminati
You're thinking too literally. Think of it more like "cult of Dracula", not the Illuminati directly

What if we get Exterminatorz mashed up with an IP. Like bugs overtake Dracula's castle.
Probably not, but would be fun haha

Noticemental thought; with H-Lot getting a shakeup in tent angling, a theory came with that from @HydraGen2299's guidance: what if they angle it so H-Lot can sustain not only H-Lot 1 and H-Lot 2, but also that of food and drinks? As far as I am aware; they've never really had that chance; and with H-Lot 2 positioned the way it is (it is *tight and next to the parking structure*); perhaps that could allow them an opportunity such as that.

Sooo I found my HHN 8x10s, including this CFTBL scene. While unlikely, but not impossible, we'll see Gillman this year I figured I'd share this..
1000010550.jpg
This epic scare/scene was found within the original 1991 "Dungeon of Terror" located in Orlando's former JAWS Ride queue (RIP). Guests crossed a bridge & this scareactor would pop-up from a watery pit below!

I know Murdy mentioned the costumes would be expensive and/or uncomfortable/hot for scareactors, but... come on. If they can do this back in 1991 (30+ years ago), it should be easier nowadays (minus the water pit, doubt that'd be possible for Hollywood)

I wish there was footage of Hollywood's 1997 CFTBL house located in Waterworld... only thing I've been able to find was this
1000010551.png

Alright... now back to our regularly scheduled construction watch 2024 on dry land..

Don’t know if y’all have been paying attention to the Orlando thread, but they’re claiming that Insidious is coming to HHN. It’s possible that is the “mysterious IP”.

I really hope it isn’t. Insidious has been at the event like three times already.

Don’t know if y’all have been paying attention to the Orlando thread, but they’re claiming that Insidious is coming to HHN. It’s possible that is the “mysterious IP”.

I really hope it isn’t. Insidious has been at the event like three times already.
I kinda have two mentalities about this, on one hand, it kinda makes no sense. There's no Insidious 6 coming any time soon, or ever really, since 5 was supposed to be the last of the series, so it feels like they kinda missed the boat, and on top of that we've already seen a maze for 1 and 2, 1-3, and 1-4, do we really need 1-5? Or even just 5 since it's so derivative? In my opinion no, but who knows.

On the other hand, 5 did make a good amount of money, and it's been 7 years since the last maze, so maybe similar to Saw back in 2017 they feel thats opportune enough even if it's heavily derivative. If we're lucky and that's true, hopefully it'll just be in a blumhouse mashup. I know we're probably tired of blumhouse mashups too, but I'll take half of a basically repeated insidious maze paired with something new over it getting its own slot.

I kinda have two mentalities about this, on one hand, it kinda makes no sense. There's no Insidious 6 coming any time soon, or ever really, since 5 was supposed to be the last of the series, so it feels like they kinda missed the boat, and on top of that we've already seen a maze for 1 and 2, 1-3, and 1-4, do we really need 1-5? Or even just 5 since it's so derivative? In my opinion no, but who knows.

On the other hand, 5 did make a good amount of money, and it's been 7 years since the last maze, so maybe similar to Saw back in 2017 they feel thats opportune enough even if it's heavily derivative. If we're lucky and that's true, hopefully it'll just be in a blumhouse mashup. I know we're probably tired of blumhouse mashups too, but I'll take half of a basically repeated insidious maze paired with something new over it getting its own slot.
Ngl, I think an Insidious house that pays tribute to the entire franchise would be cool. Could be a great way to say "farewell" to the franchise for the time being.

The randomness of IPs this year and their rumored validity either means none of it is true which I would love, or all of it is and I really really hate it.
I just hope we get a few surprises this year. It would be cool if all the rumors were not true and we end up getting a completely different lineup compared to the rumors/spec lol

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
I honestly expect there to be fragments of truth in the rumors, but I don't really buy the whole. I was illustrating to my boyfriend a few weeks back how speculation maps tend to change over time and how much they get right in like April, vs how much the get right in like May or June,.
Obviously averages arent infallible, but purely based on averages from previous speculation maps, Id bet on like 2-3 of the currently rumored mazes being entirely correct, with others having issues ranging from being straight up wrong to just being just a little off base. Unfortunately obviously theres no specific way to tell which are straight up right, but based on trends they'll be like 90% correct by june.

It’s a bunch of IPs no one asked for lol.
Are You Sure Rocky Horror Picture Show GIF

Reactions: Jake S
The randomness of IPs this year and their rumored validity either means none of it is true which I would love, or all of it is and I really really hate it.
Except NoES. I really want that. Screw everything else lol

The rumored IPs sound really underwhelming this year. I really hope there is some elaborate ploy to surprise us with stellar ones because this year sounds kinda…eh.
Ngl, I think an Insidious house that pays tribute to the entire franchise would be cool. Could be a great way to say "farewell" to the franchise for the time being.
This is the only way I would tolerate an Insidious house.

I had to look at the spec map to refresh my memory... I had already forgotten what was being rumored :eyes: :skull:

Eh.. its not that bad. Murdy did say no straight-up repeats like previous years. So that's a plus..

Reactions: Freak