Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly gonna sound like a total narc and a coward when I say this; but I do not want Insidious because Insidious simply scares the ever loving crap out of me when it comes to the films.

It's the Insidious series and Poltergeist that I cannot get around due to a weird-ass sense of terror that comes. And that's kind of insane considering I love The Conjuring.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Gonna devil's advocate Insidious here: I think part of the bad taste in everyone's mouth is that the last maze was during the infamous budget cut year where half of every house was black walls. We haven't seen an Insidious house with a proper high budget yet. It could be fun.

Red Door was pretty forgettable but the spinoff they're doing, Thread, sounds interesting.

Of course, they could also always do my "Horrors of Blumhouse: Atomic Monster" pitch with Insidious, M3gan and what the hell, a Night Swim section for all the swim fanatics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesker69
Gonna devil's advocate Insidious here: I think part of the bad taste in everyone's mouth is that the last maze was during the infamous budget cut year where half of every house was black walls. We haven't seen an Insidious house with a proper high budget yet. It could be fun.
We actually did! 2015 was easily, far and away, the best Insidious house. It felt like a properly-budgeted house, but it was also in a year with a very lackluster lineup.

An Insidious house could be good. It probably would be the better of the four…but I want them to do something else. Lol

That being said, if it was that or TCM or Halloween again….Insidious it is then.

Except NoES. I really want that. Screw everything else lol

The rumored IPs sound really underwhelming this year. I really hope there is some elaborate ploy to surprise us with stellar ones because this year sounds kinda…eh.

This is the only way I would tolerate an Insidious house.
No Don't screw everything else. All I want from this lineup is NOES like you said and ghostbusters of course. I did not get to go to previous HHN's besides 2022 so that means I did not see ghostbusters. I would love to experience ghostbusters even if it was a repeat.

If the event catered to everyone that hasn't gone pre-apocalypse, then we'll never see anything new.

Thanks to the magic of youtube, I've gotten to see houses (and shows) from previous years before I started going. Unless it predates the age of good quality phones, cameras etc.. (1986, 1992, 1997-2000)

Reactions: Legacy
Insidious has consistently been one of the more terrifying mazes, so not a major bummer, but I'd prefer we go after some great whales. IT, Conjuring, The Ring, The Grudge, Evil Dead original, Scream, Resident Evil, Gremlins, Beetlejuice, Hellraiser -- I mean the list just goes on and on. And I know things are complicated with rights and timing and all that, but seriously, the event is starting to feel same-y every year in terms of properties. Chucky was a nice diversion (despite Chucky being around for years but it was his first proper maze), but there's only so many UCM mazes set in catacombs/crypts/dusty labs that I can take. The last time I got super excited about an IP at HHN was Trick r Treat and Poltergeist in 2018. The event has been suffering from safe IPs post-2020 and it's time business picks back up!

Insidious has consistently been one of the more terrifying mazes, so not a major bummer, but I'd prefer we go after some great whales. IT, Conjuring, The Ring, The Grudge, Evil Dead original, Scream, Resident Evil, Gremlins, Beetlejuice, Hellraiser -- I mean the list just goes on and on. And I know things are complicated with rights and timing and all that, but seriously, the event is starting to feel same-y every year in terms of properties. Chucky was a nice diversion (despite Chucky being around for years but it was his first proper maze), but there's only so many UCM mazes set in catacombs/crypts/dusty labs that I can take. The last time I got super excited about an IP at HHN was Trick r Treat and Poltergeist in 2018. The event has been suffering from safe IPs post-2020 and it's time business picks back up!

It's starting to feel like they've ran through a majority of the obtainable hot IPS and now have to keep cycling back or do things that are more niche.

Reactions: Freak and mccgavin
It's starting to feel like they've ran through a majority of the obtainable hot IPS and now have to keep cycling back or do things that are more niche.
Maybe it is for the best that it sounds like they're going to go this direction. Last year they had Chucky, TLOU, and Stranger Things, which are all three super heavy-hitting IPs. Maybe this will slow the crowds down a tiny bit.

Maybe it is for the best that it sounds like they're going to go this direction. Last year they had Chucky, TLOU, and Stranger Things, which are all three super heavy-hitting IPs. Maybe this will slow the crowds down a tiny bit.
I would kinda hope so

But why would Universal want this....each guest they bring in can bring in lots more money. So no idea why you would not want to get more heavy hitters from their perspective

I don't think event is getting same-y, especially compared to the competition. It's considerably less same-y than KSF and FF, who do literal repeats every year. I know that trend is changing a little bit at HHN (Killer Klowns, Holidayz, etc.) but it's not like we're getting the same exact houses for like, eight years in a row. (Houses that consistently diminish in quality season after season, I might add.)

IPs don't grow on trees. The landscape has never been more competitive, or more isolationist. Rights-holders hold their licenses close. I'm positive the team does their due diligence when it comes to the white whales. If it was up to them, they'd do nothing but heavy hitters. As it stands, I think they do a great job of not only landing IP, but keeping things fresh when they do repeat an IP. That last TCM maze was one for the books. If these NOES rumors hold true, I envision a similar treatment.

I don’t even think that’s the problem. While I agree with DTH’s overall sentiment, I think there’s such a rich catalogue of horror that Murdy/ Uni don’t even want to attempt to thread, and that goes for some consensus on here too. People talking about a month ago about Silent Hill’s lost relevancy… like what?! lol.

Even if there aren’t more iconic IP’s that are obviously way out of reach (Conjuring, Scream, Halloween 2018, etc.) there are still options. The Thing, again - Silent Hill, Resident Evil (Capcom loved working with HHN!), and I know I’m one of the lone fans on here but Twin Peaks is rich with horror and I know the Orlando team loves integrating plot throughout a house - perfect opportunity right here. Not saying they necessarily have to be THESE PROPERTIES either - it just happens to be that it seems they’re not even regarded on the presumption they won’t succeed.

I think the Blumhouse properties and low budget horrors coming in and out are just so BORING. Properties like Stranger Things are just walkthrough attractions and I think the option of going with Ghostbusters and Insidious are just so safe and weak… the event’s attract-ability can go from hitting all the raw, right high notes (Chucky, Monstrous, The Last of Us, Freddy vs Jason, hell even The Weeknd) to just outright bland (Blumhouse, Stranger Things, Direct Repeats, etc.)

I’m only talking about Hollywood here though. Orlando at least attempts to make the best of a bad thing, while Hollywood just make sure the reputation precedes it, lol.

Rant over? TLDR; lack of creativity, diversity, babyfication of event is felt, but I think there’s hope when HHN knows where to look for it.

Last edited:
I don’t even think that’s the problem. While I agree with DTH’s overall sentiment, I think there’s such a rich catalogue of horror that Murdy/ Uni don’t even want to attempt to thread, and that goes for some consensus on here too. People talking about a month ago about Silent Hill’s lost relevancy… like what?! lol.

Even if there aren’t more iconic IP’s that are obviously way out of reach (Conjuring, Scream, Halloween 2018, etc.) there are still options. The Thing, again - Silent Hill, Resident Evil (Capcom loved working with HHN!), and I know I’m one of the lone fans on here but Twin Peaks is rich with horror and I know the Orlando team loves integrating plot throughout a house - perfect opportunity right here. Not saying they necessarily have to be THESE PROPERTIES either - it just happens to be that it seems they’re not even regarded on the presumption they won’t succeed.

I think the Blumhouse properties and low budget horrors coming in and out are just so BORING. Properties like Stranger Things are just walkthrough attractions and I think the option of going with Ghostbusters and Insidious are just so safe and weak… the event’s attract-ability can go from hitting all the raw, right high notes (Chucky, Monstrous, The Last of Us, Poltergeist, hell even The Weeknd) to just outright bland (Blumhouse, Stranger Things, Direct Repeats, etc.)

I’m only talking about Hollywood here though. Orlando at least attempts to make the best of a bad thing, while Hollywood just make sure the reputation precedes it, lol.

Rant over? TLDR; lack of creativity, diversity, babyfication of event is felt, but I think there’s hope when HHN knows where to look for it.
I'm so confused why RE is at Japan location every year and we go it....maybe once

I'm not saying it should be yearly here but surprised such a big IP which they clearly have a good relationship with never comes here when they need something to filler space. Like Resident Evil is HUGE even if it's not always being talked about
Also agree on Silent Hill, it still has a big base and I think the new games coming out will show that

I think the Blumhouse properties and low budget horrors coming in and out are just so BORING. Properties like Stranger Things are just walkthrough attractions and I think the option of going with Ghostbusters and Insidious are just so safe and weak… the event’s attract-ability can go from hitting all the raw, right high notes (Chucky, Monstrous, The Last of Us, Poltergeist, hell even The Weeknd) to just outright bland (Blumhouse, Stranger Things, Direct Repeats, etc.)

A lot this comes down to taste, though. Which we all have. There's never going to be an individual who's 100% satisfied with a lineup, especially among our crowd here. We're more invested in this event than the average person, and we all have our own likes and dislikes when it comes to properties. Like, you cite Silent Hill and Resident Evil -- I don't have any affinity for either. It's not an active dislike, I'm just not a video game person. I wouldn't be particularly excited about either of them coming to HHN, even though I do have fond memories of the 2012 Silent Hill house. Twin Peaks, though? I'm first in line.

Point being, we all have our own idea of what they should be doing as far as IP goes, but that ultimately doesn't have any bearing on the reality the team deals with. It could seem like a Silent Hill license is easy to procure, but there might be a long list of reasons (factors and stakeholders both external and internal) that either don't make it feasible, or don't make it desirable. Like I said, if they had things their way, it would be a Hall of Fame lineup each and every year. It's not their goal to short shrift us in the IP department.

Reactions: ghostie and chris.g
Well for starters, Hollywood has NEVER gotten Resident Evil. Only Orlando, and it was.... "special". Nicest way I could put it lol..

If you're seriously confused/questioning why Japan gets to use it as a returning staple for the event.. Let me remind you that the game is literally from Japan. Look at their annual "Universal Cool" anime events (Singapore currently has a Naruto exhibition + themed food for 3 months). It's not that big of a mystery.

BUT I will say that USH is losing out on money by not trying to tap into the RE or anime/manga crowd.. just look at all of our SoCal nerd cons!! It's still amazing we got Silent Hill back in 2012. It took 11 years to get another videogame house at HHN..

In regards to Chucky & Universal Monsters.. Chucky is a staple for Hollywood. And the Monsters are the legacy. Both should always have some form of presence at HHN, no matter how big/small.

because resident evil is miles more popular in Japan than it is in the United States
The game sell very very well in the USA

Its also not new.....even non gamers know what Resident Evil is or at least heard the name

If they had it at HHN here...it would have 3 hour long waits like the other big houses....no doubt

I'm gonna be honest, I dont think this is gonna dissuade people. You'd expect it to have died down by now, but honestly, I think post-lockdown public interest in theme parks and seasonal events like this are still burning strong, it was a big factor in 2021 being frankly uncomfortably crowded despite being a year of mostly repeats, and that kinda hasn't stopped being the case since then no matter what the lineup has been. I don't think we're gonna see any kind of return to the pre-2021 crowd levels till like 4 or 5 years from now, if even that. You could have a lineup that was literally a 1 to 1 repeat of every aspect of the previous year, and I guarantee youd still see nightmarish lines.

Eh.. I think the name alone is pretty recognizable in the U.S. of course, being a nerd with a Chris Redfield RE5 action figure, an Umbrella Corp blanket & watch, RE 2013 hhn shirt, RE shirt, RE INK shirt...

Okay wait.. why is @Jerroddragon the one backing this & not me!? :eyes: :skull:

Last edited:
Eh.. I think the name alone is pretty recognizable in the U.S. of course, being a nerd with a Chris Redfield RE5 action figure, an Umbrella Corp blanket & watch, RE shirt, RE INK shirt...

Okay wait.. why is @Jerroddragon the one backing this & not me!? :eyes: :skull:
I mean anyone who doesn't think RE would kill it at HHN just...doesn't know how big the series is

I hate the movies...but those made a killing for YEARS.

I'd think after last of us last year and SNW killing it would stop people questioning the fandom of gamer series being brought to the parks.