Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess if it is House of Dracula, like the movie, it'll include Frankenstein, Hunchback, Jekyll/Hyde and Wolf Man. Two of the UCM mazes matched the titles of films "Bride of Frankenstein" and "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man," so would make sense to me. *yawn* Still no Gillie. Shame.

Reactions: bdubsCEO
Dracula vs Alien vs Predator vs Billy the Kid vs Creature from the Black Lagoon vs Dr Giggles vs Scanners vs Abbott vs Costello. A maze for everyone.

I keep hearing how good the 2009 Dracula standalone house was in Orlando and want it for Hollywood.

• Love
Reactions: chris.g
My guess if it is House of Dracula, like the movie, it'll include Frankenstein, Hunchback, Jekyll/Hyde and Wolf Man. Two of the UCM mazes matched the titles of films "Bride of Frankenstein" and "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man," so would make sense to me. *yawn* Still no Gillie. Shame.
If the Dreamworks Theater is hosting a Universal Monsters event similar to the Blumhouse one from last year, could we perhaps get a photo opportunity with Gillman? I believe they'd said that the Creature maze hasn't happened because of the logistical difficulties, but surely they could have someone in a Gillman costume like they had the Grabber or M3GAN last year? A guy can hope...

If the Dreamworks Theater is hosting a Universal Monsters event similar to the Blumhouse one from last year, could we perhaps get a photo opportunity with Gillman? I believe they'd said that the Creature maze hasn't happened because of the logistical difficulties, but surely they could have someone in a Gillman costume like they had the Grabber or M3GAN last year? A guy can hope...
I hope so, creature would be my number one choice for a meet and greet characters from the Monsters

Also I would surprised if they don't do it because you can tie in this space with Epic Universe as well along with previewing the Bride film out next year

Reactions: bdubsCEO and EAS
Dracula is not getting a solo house this year.

Also--it seems we might be getting BlumTram today?
I am most excited for the TCM announcement (hopefully with confirmation it is more based on the 2003 remake than the 2022 Netflix film), but I am also excited for BlumTram because I want to know which properties are going to be included! Fingers crossed. Coolest would be Michael Myers but I assume that would not happen because he is too big a deal to be one of a number. More likely to get the Grabber, the Butcher, Purgers, perhaps M3GAN...

I am most excited for the TCM announcement (hopefully with confirmation it is more based on the 2003 remake than the 2022 Netflix film), but I am also excited for BlumTram because I want to know which properties are going to be included! Fingers crossed. Coolest would be Michael Myers but I assume that would not happen because he is too big a deal to be one of a number. More likely to get the Grabber, the Butcher, Purgers, perhaps M3GAN...
I would love to see the Blum Myers at the event in any way. It will never happen with how rights are for it. Since Blum isn’t the only rights holder for it.

Reactions: EAS

Michael requires them to settle whatever the deal is with Miramax (as they were a co-distributor of Halloween 2018/Kills/Ends). As much as I'd like it too as he's been in the Tram before; there is red tape.

I'm more interested in the bears.

Reactions: EAS
I would love a Dracula solo house, but I am really really hoping for a Bride of Frankenstein Lives sequel!

I can't imagine there are logistical issues with Gillman, a fairly human-esque figure, when we have done Alien, Predator, Demagorgans, DemaDogs, Vecna, The Thing creatures, Wolfmen, Killer Klownz from Outer Space, 10 feet tall walking birdmen out in the streets that roam to every scarezone, and so on and so on. There's also no real reason to actually submerge him into water (a lighting effect would work just fine). They even have the boat still from the show somewhere on the lot, don't they? Swamp is an easy set to do, they've been done many times at KSF. I don't know what the deal is, but it being logistics is hard for me to believe.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
I can't imagine there are logistical issues with Gillman, a fairly human-esque figure, when we have done Alien, Predator, Demagorgans, DemaDogs, Vecna, The Thing creatures, Wolfmen, Killer Klownz from Outer Space, 10 feet tall walking birdmen out in the streets that roam to every scarezone, and so on and so on. There's also no real reason to actually submerge him into water (a lighting effect would work just fine). They even have the boat still from the show somewhere on the lot, don't they? Swamp is an easy set to do, they've been done many times at KSF. I don't know what the deal is, but it being logistics is hard for me to believe.
I think Murdy has said that the effects would be very difficult/expensive and that a Gillman suit would be difficult on the performers. Not quite the same as a Demagorgon or puppets from The Thing.

And, to be fair, Knott’s version of those sets and effects wouldn’t fly at HHN. Not convincing enough. Murdy wants to do it the right way, I think, which is why it hasn’t happened yet.

Reactions: Jake S
^Good point, that Gillman suit would be absolutely brutal in September especially when it's usually still pretty hot.

Just curious, are we pretty sure (speculation wise) the Waterworld Purge show is back this year?

What, the Aliens & Predators were a cake walk? WolfMen covered in fur is totally feasible?! Scaley lookin Vecna and Gilman aren't in the same ball park? C'mon guys, some of these are legitimately harder than a fish guy.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
What, the Aliens & Predators were a cake walk? WolfMen covered in fur is totally feasible?! Scaley lookin Vecna and Gilman aren't in the same ball park? C'mon guys, some of these are legitimately harder than a fish guy.
It’s possible, yeah. But I’m talking about the cost and the payoff. AvP was a big draw for the event and so was Stranger Things. They’re willing to spend more on costumes and effects for the houses they know people are going to come to the event to see. Just look at last year to see what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, the house with the most budget cuts was Monsters Unmasked. I doubt they would take a chunk of the budget for R&D to get Creature where they want it (and take money away from their “blue chip” IPs) when it really doesn’t move the dials of interest for the GP.

Reactions: Jake S

It’s possible, yeah. But I’m talking about the cost and the payoff. AvP was a big draw for the event and so was Stranger Things. They’re willing to spend more on costumes and effects for the houses they know people are going to come to the event to see. Just look at last year to see what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, the house with the most budget cuts was Monsters Unmasked. I doubt they would take a chunk of the budget for R&D to get Creature where they want it (and take money away from their “blue chip” IPs) when it really doesn’t move the dials of interest for the GP.
I agree. The commentary from Murdy etc. has been that it would be difficult/expensive. I think it is right that they COULD do it, given what else they have produced, and maybe they will one day. But clearly, those excuses/justifications suggest they are not inclined to go down that road right now (unfortunately).

Reactions: Michael S