Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd like to bring this up separately--but Crowz seems to be out of nowhere huh.

Given HNN's consistently had Skull and Luchadores alongside the Punkz that got teased at MSS; would it not be out of the venture to say that we might finally be increasing scarezone numbers this year? Feels a long time coming to finally get an increase again; even if that raises a question of how it'll gel with the other zones.

Also makes me wonder how scarezone budgeting is being distributed, seeing the Punk scarezone has the Sweets Ice Cream getting much more transformed.

Given HNN's consistently had Skull and Luchadores alongside the Punkz that got teased at MSS; would it not be out of the venture to say that we might finally be increasing scarezone numbers this year? Feels a long time coming to finally get an increase again; even if that raises a question of how it'll gel with the other zones.

Also makes me wonder how scarezone budgeting is being distributed, seeing the Punk scarezone has the Sweets Ice Cream getting much more transformed.
I had the exact same thoughts unless the skull and crossbones loosely translates to a murder of crows.

I had the exact same thoughts unless the skull and crossbones loosely translates to a murder of crows.
I thought the text in the Crowz announcement that they will "peck your bones clean" might be enough to explain the skull and crossbones being the symbol for Crowz (which would mean we would still only have three zones), but you never know! Last year I recall that Edgar Allan Crow was often hanging out near the entrance to Hogsmeade and Springfield, so it would make some sense for another zone to be a bit further back (or to have one in the Lower Lot).

It would be funny if they are like.....

If 12 is where strangers things was lat year, then they use the Transformers extended Q

SNW will be open for certain ticket holders

SS12 is to the left of Jurassic World. That’s actually been a bit I’m surprised hasn’t been talked about as much; as queue wise there’s no real good option that doesn’t congest something.

Weeknd will be in SS15, in-between Mario Kart and Transformers.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
SS12 is to the left of Jurassic World. That’s actually been a bit I’m surprised hasn’t been talked about as much; as queue wise there’s no real good option that doesn’t congest something.

Weeknd will be in SS15, in-between Mario Kart and Transformers.

No inside info, but my guess is they will direct people through and partially utilize the Jurassic World extended queue. It’ll probably be awkward, but the mazes in that direction always had convoluted flow setups.

Reactions: Jake S and chris.g
Midsummer Scream looks like it was a hell of a Weeknd.

Horror Night Nightmares are batting pretty well on their spec map. I'll be surprised if there's a surprise. Any rumors to the contrary from the spec map, though I guess what properties will be on the tram is a mystery.

Like the approach to TCM, but I'd love the underground lair from TCM 2.

Last edited:
No inside info, but my guess is they will direct people through and partially utilize the Jurassic World extended queue. It’ll probably be awkward, but the mazes in that direction always had convoluted flow setups.
Yeah, the entrance to stage 12 really isn’t much farther than the old JP Queue mazes. Just down Main, past Kirk Douglas Drive. For people who haven’t been down over there, there’s actually quite a bit of space for a queue for the new house.

I hate that I'm never excited for scare zone announcements anymore and haven't been for years. I'm glad to see when others are, but when my fond memories go back to the days when the whole park felt engulfed in fog and scarezones were everywhere, like 2010, I just can never get enthused about a couple props being put up along the congested highway that is the front gate to New York Street stretch.

The French Street zone coming out of a maze has always been cool enough the past few years, but when that's the high point of scare zones nowadays, I'm just... bleh. I'm struggling to even believe it's been five years since we even had anything on the Metro sets, including the gauntlet setup, but what I wouldn't give to have a return to the older ambiance (which'll never happen with the crowd size now, so... c'est la vie on that idea).

Reactions: Ridesandstuff
^I remember some of those gauntlets on the metro sets were great. The ones that come to mind were Urban Inferno and the Walking Dead gauntlet with fog and the dead coming at you the whole walk.

Yeah, the entrance to stage 12 really isn’t much farther than the old JP Queue mazes. Just down Main, past Kirk Douglas Drive. For people who haven’t been down over there, there’s actually quite a bit of space for a queue for the new house.
I was down there earlier this year and was actually surprised at how close it is to the old JP house space. That stage is historic for several reasons, so it will be special to have this house in there.