Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those that are curious here is an image of the backlot/border between IOA and USF to get an idea on what could possibly be done to connect the parks for a future HHN. They did it in the past but don't remember how or which HHN it was. I'm thinking they could put a scarezone in that parking lot between the Hogwarts Express track and the soundstages.

Edit: Nevermind, just remembered that that area is used as queue for the soundstage houses.

6dzn1f.jpg

Last edited:
How about meet 'n greet with the walking dead characters :smiley:

get the rights for Rick Daryl and Michonne to be in the park as meet and greet and you will save the line problem... guaranteed :thumbs:

that meet and greet would probably get the same kind of wait times the frozen meet and greet has, I could see people waiting 3 hours to meet Daryl lol. :lol:

this really wouldn't be a bad idea at all

Ok, I am gonna toss this out there bad taste or not as there is no HHN 25 thread yet. What would your reaction be to a house named, "North Korea" or "Iran" or "Russian Pride". Is the idea geo-politically incorrect, or creepy as hell with potential? I find some of these terrifying if considered in the peoples shoes.

Sorry if my ideas offend!

Ok, I am gonna toss this out there bad taste or not as there is no HHN 25 thread yet. What would your reaction be to a house named, "North Korea" or "Iran" or "Russian Pride". Is the idea geo-politically incorrect, or creepy as hell with potential? I find some of these terrifying if considered in the peoples shoes.

Sorry if my ideas offend!

I don't think I'd think it was too cool. I know Halloween is somewhat socially/politically incorrect by default, but it's also largely a fantasy based event and one with huge international appeal. Saying that, I do like the satirical 'evil leader' theme at HHN Singapore this year!

For those that are curious here is an image of the backlot/border between IOA and USF to get an idea on what could possibly be done to connect the parks for a future HHN. They did it in the past but don't remember how or which HHN it was. I'm thinking they could put a scarezone in that parking lot between the Hogwarts Express track and the soundstages.

Edit: Nevermind, just remembered that that area is used as queue for the soundstage houses.

6dzn1f.jpg

Two parks were used in both 2004 and 2005. In 2004 it was evenly spread between half of each of the parks. In 2005 it was primarily Islands with half of the Studios being used. In 2004 the Field of Screams scarezone was between Seuss and Nickelodeon studios. There is also a rear pathway that was used in 2005 which goes around the west side of the Soundstages and pops out to a forked path near Poseidon and Sindbad. In 2006 the Seuss path was used to open Spider-Man and Hulk on peak nights, but there was no theming used on the way to the rides.

A few things have changed since then. The Blue Man Group theater is no longer in-park, so the Seuss pathway is useless unless it's rerouted to the soundstages. The other thing is the addition of the Rockit. For a couple of years they didn't want guests traveling under it near the soundstages, but I think that has changed since the nets went up. Finally, the Hogwarts Express Station in Hogsmeade was built where a portion of the West pathway existed.

Although I'd love to see dual park again because I think it did a great job with the crowds, I'm not sure there's a good way to get guests between the two parks without causing a huge traffic mess. For those of you who never went to HHN at Islands, the crowding was worse than it is currently at the Studios. The width of the paths was a real detriment to having a good time. Shoulder to shoulder throughout most of the park on peak nights.

Last edited:
Glad people like my meet 'n greet idea :ears:

Teebin, what would be the idea of such a house? The horrors of an isolationist regime? That actually could work, though it probably would have to be a fictional setting.

Did stay and scream at Kidzone yesterday, holding area is now in Duff Gardens, smart move from Uni $$$ lol, was so much more efficient than waiting at Finnegan's, they let us out at 17h45, Roanoke was open and Dollhouse opened at 18h. Team member told me that there is also a holding zone by London, anyone know about this? First house there should be Halloween, but I know this definitely was not the case yesterday since Halloween opened only at 18h30, though right along 18h, a mass of people came across the bridge to already wait for Halloween, so perhaps the first house in that holding zone was Giggles & Gore and then around 18h they walk people to Halloween so they can already wait in line?

Anyway, going again next wednesday, am hoping wednesdays will be a tad less crowded.

HHN's official Twitter has announced that the remaining Sundays will now be extended til 2am. 10/30 and 10/31 have been extended from 12am to 1am.

Lol yep most of us knew about the Diagon stay and scream. Just wondering if they've fixed the let out time for that. As before they wouldn't let you go until the park opened(fireworks atr not went off) weird that it's in Duff gardens area. Less of a area to have to close off.

I guess the extended hours is a sign of them attempting to fix the waits/crowds. I feel sorry for the actors but it's great for us.

Has anyone heard any rumblings about FF/FFP for last day of the event. Normally I wouldn't have any concerns about them opening to us, but from what I have seen of this year so far I am beginning to have doubts.

Every year it's always up in the air till near the weekend. I'd wish they just set that in stone. Considering they did not extend the hours on final night. More of a positive for FF to be allowed in.

so if they can't do a two park event, and they can't do 10 houses or 3 shows or stuff like that, then how are they going to deal with the huge crowds? or will the next year just be the same as this one?

is there anything else they can do? (we know they really cant open Potter) will they get rid of the frequent fear passes? could they do something like that? or at least get rid of the ffp-plus? (Im not saying i wish they did that, just wondering)

i don't think opening more rides would make a difference, when Shrek was opened i didn't even know it was.

Last edited:
two opinions i believe are options to solve the crowds at HHN..i believe we have long lost the past HHN and haved moved into a new frontier. HHN is busier then ever and will probably increase every year with every growing IP. so either have a two park event or actually start limiting tickets..this second option though i really doubt happening because of MONEY MONEY MONEY...if people are going to come anyway and it be THREE ****ING hours to wait for one house then why stop them...but i really do they think of something because HHN25 is going to be insane!!!!!!!!

Teebin, what would be the idea of such a house? The horrors of an isolationist regime? That actually could work, though it probably would have to be a fictional setting.

Yeah, I was just knocking around what creeps me out, and the idea of visiting NK really unnerves me. I am not sure if Universal could ever attempt such a house, but the regional ones could, and any bad press would be good. Yeah, fictional unless one considers a few of the big movies that get away with some of it. Argo terrified me in a few scenes.

I'm watching the wait times from home right now via the hhn mobile website and some gps trickery. As of currently is says walking dead is 60, halloween is 45, Giggles is 20, and everything else is 10 or 5. Doesn't seem so bad. Maybe they just sold a **** load of rush passes. I may be tempted to go sunday if this weekend seems slower.

Who's reporting on twitter for OU tonight? I wish all of you would post like Seth K posts for TouringPlans and tweet it to @yourself at the same time.

Mercy, I am such an opinion machine lately. :look:

Maaaan, I theme parked so hard this year.

Entered Universal Studios at 8 AM
Hit up Diagon Alley
Rode Gringotts twice
Kings Cross > Hogwarts Express > Hogsmeade
Forbidden Journey
Jurassic Park
Spider-Man
Hulk
Hogsmeade > Hogwarts Express > Kings Cross
Lunch at Leaky Cauldron
Men in Black
The Simpsons
E.T.
Mummy
Disaster (boyfriend was not pleased that he got picked) (definitely not pleased that I filmed it all)
Shopped around Diagon Alley (tried that nasty-ass fishy green ale that SOMEONE on here said was good)
Dinner at Finnegan's while we waited for HHN

AVP!
Cannibals
Dolls
Halloween
Bill and Ted
Clowns
Dracula (meh)
Walking Dead (meh)
Mummy again!
Mexican vampires (double meh)
Hollywood Rip Ride RockItThisNameIsTooLong
AVP again on our last ounce of energy left

CRASHED onto hotel bed around 1 AM

According to my iPhone I took more than 32,000 steps that day!
0/10 would not recommend

two opinions i believe are options to solve the crowds at HHN..i believe we have long lost the past HHN and haved moved into a new frontier. HHN is busier then ever and will probably increase every year with every growing IP. so either have a two park event or actually start limiting tickets..this second option though i really doubt happening because of MONEY MONEY MONEY...if people are going to come anyway and it be THREE ****ING hours to wait for one house then why stop them...but i really do they think of something because HHN25 is going to be insane!!!!!!!!

what if they started charging employees? Kind of like how you have to pay for Mickey's party at MK? would that have any effect? i wonder how much of the guest numbers are from employees

I'm watching the wait times from home right now via the hhn mobile website and some gps trickery. As of currently is says walking dead is 60, halloween is 45, Giggles is 20, and everything else is 10 or 5. Doesn't seem so bad. Maybe they just sold a **** load of rush passes. I may be tempted to go sunday if this weekend seems slower.

well the lines are always short on Fridays from 6 to 8, Fridays are when i get to do the big houses because they are not that bad. the only time i got to do walking dead before was on a friday.
Waking dead was open at 6 and the line was 20 minutes so i was able to do that again. halloween was 30 minutes around 7 pm so it was easy to do.
Around 8:45 the original houses were 45 and the other ones were 60 but the purge was really really crowded again. you could barely walk in there.
so many people you can't even see the actors.

Last edited: