Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
my problem with magic shows is that they do stuff we have seen at least 10 years ago, I've never seen any act at Universal that really amazed me (except in 2007)
Brian Brushwood is a cool guy and the 20 penny guys were really nice too but their stuff is kind of mundane now. has magic really stopped evolving?
no amazing new tricks anymore? some of these acts are at least 40 years old...

they won't even bring the more edgier magic acts that are out there,the really edgy and crazy acts. 20 penny was cute but, it was just boring.
I'm just worried that once Rocky Horror goes (Which will probably go after this year) they will just stick some pg 13 tame magic show again.

Well merch is out and my god it's absolutely terrible. These shirts are so ugly and tacky that I'm honestly surprised they were chosen. Zombie brat are you kidding me? Even the mini is dumb. Whatever though can't say I was expecting much

I am happy they have a Halloween and AvP shirt this year. The addition of the AWIL shirt, to cover their mistake last year, was a nice surprise too.

O merch is out.....takes a look....:furious:

I guess you really don't want my money huh Uni. Please for the love of Horror Nights stop with this "Fear" stuff. I guess it's quite hard to put HHN24 or You have been warned on the front and houses on the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you all seeing the new merch?

Check OU's twitter page.

Thanks Zombie-C!!

The Chucky and Zombie girl pins and vinyl are pretty cool. The shirts are all pretty meh except maybe the hands grabbing at you. Please tell me these limited edition items aren't on sale already, I really don't want a repeat of last year where its opening night and I can't even get the items I want.
If they are is, anyone going to the parks before Friday and willing to buy those 3 items for me? Preferably someone that is going to the meetup on Friday, I will pay you for them in cash or beer (your preference) at the meetup.

It was backed up elsewhere by a user named kiwisoup:
"There was an interview where the guy asked her directly about the call-backs and people being reprimanded for obscenities to find out if they were going to communicate with security more so that they wouldn't wrongly kick people out just doing what they are supposed to.
Her response was slightly hostile and she appeared visually agitated and defensive about it, insisting that Rocky Horror at a midnight showing and at a "PG-13" amusement park are completely different and that they basically will continue address obscenities, although she did say they did increase communication so that security has very clear instructions over what is ok and what is not."

That was my interview, here is the video:

[video=youtube_share;F17Lnsp9-9I]http://youtu.be/F17Lnsp9-9I[/video]

I didn't feel Lora was being "hostile" but they are obviously a bit sensitive about the issues last year...

Reactions: neoshinok
So, it seems AVP is ahead in the previews so far. I guess they are opening the houses in a particular order as the reviews seem to come at the same time from multiple sources.

Ok so first impressions are out from many at the employee preview. AVP is getting great feedback from many while tons are also enjoying from dusk till dawn. Dollhouse has been categorized as strange and creepy and bill and ted has been cracking up people all night. Scarezones are apparently amazing, way more detailed than any in years past, filled to the brim with actors and nobody gives a s**t about Dracula untold. Overall it looks to be a solid year so far. Can't wait for this weekend

Ok so first impressions are out from many at the employee preview. AVP is getting great feedback from many while tons are also enjoying from dusk till dawn. Dollhouse has been categorized as strange and creepy and bill and ted has been cracking up people all night. Scarezones are apparently amazing, way more detailed than any in years past, filled to the brim with actors and nobody gives a s**t about Dracula untold. Overall it looks to be a solid year so far. Can't wait for this weekend

You're reading different tweets than I am, apparently. AVP is skewing positive, Dollhouse of the Damn a ?, From Dusk Till Dawn a lot of disappointment. Heard good things about Bill & Ted.

Zones are mixed. Some really like Masquerade, others are commenting Purge needs way more actors and Face/Off needs practice. It's a rehearsal, obviously - but since these are the "media" folks they're going to praise most things to hell whether they deserve it or not.

In other words - wait until opening weekend to make true calls about things.

You're reading different tweets than I am, apparently. AVP is skewing positive, Dollhouse of the Damn a ?, From Dusk Till Dawn a lot of disappointment. Heard good things about Bill & Ted.

Zones are mixed. Some really like Masquerade, others are commenting Purge needs way more actors and Face/Off needs practice. It's a rehearsal, obviously - but since these are the "media" folks they're going to praise most things to hell whether they deserve it or not.

In other words - wait until opening weekend to make true calls about things.

Well after seeing the hollywood house for dusk....I REALLY hope we don't get anything like that but people are say it's elaborate so hey that's something. Yeah again these are all looked on as first impressions no doubt they'll improve by opening weekend. Oh yeah many positive things heard about roakoake. The finale is apparently incredible

Well after seeing the hollywood house for dusk....I REALLY hope we don't get anything like that but people are say it's elaborate so hey that's something. Yeah again these are all looked on as first impressions no doubt they'll improve by opening weekend. Oh yeah many positive things heard about roakoake. The finale is apparently incredible

the Hollywood videos are really not that great lol. I know our houses will be different and i cannot be more thankful for that.

After getting all 8 houses done and seeing all the zones except maskerade, some stayed on my mind and some did not. Halloween stole the night for me. Not to say Avp wasn't good just for me. Did not match the hype, everyone created. I expected a lot of spots and timing to be adjusted for everyone else. Though I keep coming back to Halloween. Not sure who they casted but they were spot on.

Ask whatever questions you like and I will answer.

After getting all 8 houses done and seeing all the zones except maskerade, some stayed on my mind and some did not. Halloween stole the night for me. Not to say Avp wasn't good just for me. Did not match the hype, everyone created. I expected a lot of spots and timing to be adjusted for everyone else. Though I keep coming back to Halloween. Not sure who they casted but they were spot on.

Ask whatever questions you like and I will answer.

I have a few non spoilerish ones if you don't mind

1.Thoughts on giggles and gore's length?
2.Was the finale in Roanoke all it was cracked up to be? (Please don't say what it is lol)
3.was the make up in face off more impressive than the rest of the park?
4.how was Dracula untold? Did not seeing the movie hinder the experience?
5.catch the purge auction or rituals? If so how were they?

Thanks a bunch ZC!!!!

I have a few non spoilerish ones if you don't mind

1.Thoughts on giggles and gore's length?
2.Was the finale in Roanoke all it was cracked up to be? (Please don't say what it is lol)
3.was the make up in face off more impressive than the rest of the park?
4.how was Dracula untold? Did not seeing the movie hinder the experience?
5.catch the purge auction or rituals? If so how were they?

Thanks a bunch ZC!!!!

1. I didn't notice it being short. So much stuff to look at it would take a couple walk throughs.
2. To me it wasn't
3. The "photo" characters had good make-up. Other wise semi dark zone.
4. I think in seeing the movie first would have help set up scenes a bit better. The average person might be upset. Thinking it said Dracula where's the vamps. Set wise it was good, the rest.....
5. Sadly no Rituals, not enough time. I heard the guy on the mic in the purge but not really an auction.

On Saturday I will spend a good time in the zones to really feel them out. What's funny is I expected the rest of the park on MIB side to feel empty but my mind was focus on houses. Also no Clown-zone, I hope they do add one though.

Thanks for the insight!!! Glad to know what to look forward to and what to regret. Also I hope you don't mind me asking another question but how was the walking dead? Did the length make it obnoxious or tiring?

I don't mind at all. Length was fine, I really didn't even notice it being long. I make it a point to look up every now and then. To see the size of everything. The one thing was true is that it does take the entire soundstage from out-in-out