Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Saturday I didn't see any guns in the Purge, and the Dr. Loomis scene wasn't even in Halloween. Did they only have one Loomis actor and was on break, or has that scene been cut? Last week he had his gun so close to his side that it looked like he was shooting his foot.

Saturday I didn't see any guns in the Purge, and the Dr. Loomis scene wasn't even in Halloween. Did they only have one Loomis actor and was on break, or has that scene been cut? Last week he had his gun so close to his side that it looked like he was shooting his foot.
Hmmm perhaps these things are correlated..wonder if people are sensitive to guns at the moment or the fake ones pose an illusion of danger that put people off

Loomis was there and I saw at least one person that had an assault rifle. The Loomis scene doest take a while to reset. Saturday was only the second time I actually saw it.

Loomis was there and I saw at least one person that had an assault rifle. The Loomis scene doest take a while to reset. Saturday was only the second time I actually saw it.

When I went through Halloween around 10 PM after waiting two hours, there was only a Myers that popped out from the right in the final scene room. I don't think it was a reset issue. Maybe Loomis needed a cigarette.

i was there Saturday and saw guns in the Purge scarezone from automatic rifles to handguns knives and golf clubs... with that said i's like to chime in with my oppinion on the houses vs scarezone.. Also i saw the Doctor scene at the end of the myers house but i was in the halloween house by 8:00 - 8:30

I saw some guns in Purge last night, can't comment on the Loomis thing since it's been over a week since I've been in Halloween.

Loomis had a gun Sunday (10/5) evening.

- - - Updated - - -

Although its probably not possible...could anyone try and predict what crowds will be like on the 24th? That's when I'm looking at going and I want to know what to expect when I get there.

With Halloween on the next Friday, I see a lot of the general public picking the 24th/25th. Throw in the general popularity of FFP over the past few years--look at this past Friday's crowd--I expect it to be slammed. Near or at capacity.

I only saw Dr. Loomis one of the three times I went through the Halloween house last week.

I so want a male copy of this mask... it is super-duper.

DSC00987-800x600.jpg

From the new photo update here on OU, taken I believe by
@triggernel

I'm sorry guys, I meant the 17, not the 24...any chance of the crowds being better then?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found out that this will be "Hell Week". Hopefully our Express Passes will help with these crowds :look:

Last edited:
Your expectations or their's?

All I can say is that the sheer number of people in the Park and the wait times seemed to indicate some success. Even better is that I didn't hear anything but good form anyone in the lines or the buses about the houses. No complaining... no one saying "that sucked," etc. In my opinion, I count that as success. Even if it isn't to Universal's expectations, it will be when the word of mouth begins to spread. The bad mouthing I heard about the line length will hurt them, though. But I'm a newbie to HHN, so what do I know.... :-/

Where would a ninth house go? I know there are a few more SS, but I am not certain if you can fit more people in that area. It was is packed in with the 4 houses they have there, if they added a 5th house it would be crazy. I never attended when they had it both parks. Where did they have houses in IOA?

Where would a ninth house go? I know there are a few more SS, but I am not certain if you can fit more people in that area. It was is packed in with the 4 houses they have there, if they added a 5th house it would be crazy. I never attended when they had it both parks. Where did they have houses in IOA?

Going off memory, a tent (maybe two) behind MSHI, the queue of JP, I think the Discovery Center one year (Body Collectors IIRC), inside Poseidon's Fury another--in other words, wherever they could find space.

I don't know how they don't go to a two-park event (either combined or split) with 5 houses and a major show (B&T, ... something else) and a minor show or two in each park. Other than jacking up ticket prices, but even then, I think the event has outgrown its space--again, we're still in slow HHN season. Need to do whatever necessary to convince JKR to open Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley as well.

Hopefully the giant success will lead to a ninth house

or maybe since they are done with Potter I am really hoping that there are no more budget cuts to the streets and we get 6-7 full street zones and maybe 2 additional hordes....:pray:

it would be nice if they opened part of IOA for next year as well, Maybe add a third show.......

I know that is sounding like a lot (9th house, more street stuff, a third show) but they really do have the money and the crowds to guarantee success for next year. Specially if they Walking dead comes back (Which it will)

I do hope they focus more on HHN for next year since they don't have Potter to focus on like they had to for this year

I don't think making it 2 park again is the way to go (unless if kidzone limits space), as hate said just take down rocky and have 2 more houses. Then again a 10 house budget along with a couple scare zones might have a ridiculous budget. Does anybody know the usual budget for a house and the event as a whole as we speak? Would losing IPs make the budget smaller? There are tons of questions and multiple ways to add more to the event. The big question is how would you make the event bigger while saving more and getting the crowds of 24 back? Hope this didn't come off as mindless rambling