Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

What a Final night. So many funny moments, so many different things. I tell you if you can always make it the last 2-3 nights. Maskerade was on fire. No stilts too which I think made the zone so much better. Should have been that way since the start. The cast switch out at the end of the night was crazy. They flooded the streets with both cast together dancing.

For Halloween there was 3 actors in the Multi-Myers room.

I got into the LT-Experience, played the game quite a bit. So if you have any questions me and Hate can answer them.

Awesome. How was LT? What was it like? What was behind those doors? lol

Awesome. How was LT? What was it like? What was behind those doors? lol

I loved it, and thought it was extremely well done for being something that was a hidden extra. The effects were flat out nuts and once I'm told for sure whether or not I can speak about the experience I will.

PS: Wish I had been better prepared because the interactivity for Scene 3 was flat out crazy.

I loved it, and thought it was extremely well done for being something that was a hidden extra. The effects were flat out nuts and once I'm told for sure whether or not I can speak about the experience I will.

As ever, I am lost. I thought this LT was a public event thingy. Perhaps you could explain why you think you can't talk about it... perhaps it was something more special than that?

Well because they took our phones. So not sure if we could talk about the tech. I agree with Hate the effects, story telling, the acting was flat out amazing.

The event was private to a certain degree. If you were with someone who had completed the task you could bring a few in your party. What I will say is each room had us doing task, some nasty, some freaked me out and some was cool to witness.

Ah... here it is... guess LT has been being toyed with for a few years now.

http://behindthethrills.com/2014/11...s-glimpse-of-the-future-with-legendary-truth/

Thnks forn the link, like you I have been pondering what Uni had done with LT. The article was interesting and thought provoking, I for one look forward to see what he future holds. I have often wondered why Disney spent a fortune on technology that already existed in other mediums, seems like Uni have been thinking this way too. If they play it right they could have a system that beats Disney's MM+ without spending/wasting $$$billions.

Thnks forn the link, like you I have been pondering what Uni had done with LT. The article was interesting and thought provoking, I for one look forward to see what he future holds. I have often wondered why Disney spent a fortune on technology that already existed in other mediums, seems like Uni have been thinking this way too. If they play it right they could have a system that beats Disney's MM+ without spending/wasting $$$billions.
MM+ is often looked at as "wasting" Billions of dollars... well guess what? All of those tech and infrastructure upgrades needed to happen anyway. It just so happens that they tied it into a very public and every changing guest service system, that has lots of different ways of generating cash flow.

The upgrades needed to happen, MM+ just gave an excuse for them to use the money to market what is normally a behind the scenes only product and would have no way of being marketable. You also have to remember that these "Billions" of dollars are spread over fiscal years, which go as the beginning of FY2010 (late 2009).

Last edited:
Yeah I actually looked at a case study in one of my classes that outlined the benefits of MyMagic+. Its on track to be quite a good investment (despite being overbudget) that, like NextBigThing said, already tied into a need for existing infrastructure improvements. The more you know :thumbs:

anybody go to the final bill and ted?

I did, although I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm really glad I had the chance to see it, as usual they really had an infectious amount of fun putting it on. Some of the highlights, in random order based on my memory:

-Girl who sang the Frozen parody hit some high notes, also ate an actual snow cone and ad libbed a bit. She also received a standing ovation (no surprise)
-When the girl playing Anna asked "have you seen my sister?" Bill asked "have you seen the Norway ride?" which was followed by almost a minute of cheering from the crowd
-Where Anna normally says "that's a dick joke" she didn't have to say anything...the crowd said it for her
-There were a total of four Lego people during the acid trip scene. Everyone really went nuts during that sequence and a bunch of extra performers were on the stage.
-Juan Pablo's rose was about three feet long, and he naturally hit Bill in the face with it
-As usual with the final show, there was generally more sexiness and energy all around

And my absolute favorite moment, which garnered a standing ovation from the crowd:
-Mike Aiello came on stage to perform the Smaug voice live. He ad libbed just a bit, and it was absolutely hilarious.

Also, Bill thanked Ted for all of the memories and adventures at the start of the show. According to another forum, this is supposedly the last year that actor will be playing Bill.

To be honest the LT tech was nothing to be used as MM+ More so for other things. Perhaps interactive scare-zones. All though using our smart phones as passes or to pay for stuff. Would be great.

That's the only thing I don't like about final night. To go for B&T you have to line up around 10pm. So much stuff you miss in the streets and final house visits. Though I guess if your die heart love the show. It's worth it, I'll never get it. After about 4-5 times I was good.

To be honest the LT tech was nothing to be used as MM+ More so for other things. Perhaps interactive scare-zones. All though using our smart phones as passes or to pay for stuff. Would be great.

That's the only thing I don't like about final night. To go for B&T you have to line up around 10pm. So much stuff you miss in the streets and final house visits. Though I guess if your die heart love the show. It's worth it, I'll never get it. After about 4-5 times I was good.

While I didn't go to the last show this year (Which I regret) it doesn't appear you had to line up early. There were quite few open seats in the photos I saw, probably due in part to no FFP.

While I didn't go to the last show this year (Which I regret) it doesn't appear you had to line up early. There were quite few open seats in the photos I saw, probably due in part to no FFP.

Yeah not having FFP active this time really helped! We didn't line up until around 10:55ish with the show starting at 11:15 and got in the third row for the final performance. Which btw was flat out amaze balls.

Yeah, I'm just a big fan of the show after seeing it for 5 years now. I like that there are actors that do it every year and truly kick ass every single time. I'm sad if it does indeed turn out to be that Bill's last year. He's the only one I've ever seen, besides the occasional sub here and there.

We lined up right after they finished loading the 10:00 show, so we were the first at the gate. We ended up fifth row which was fine since last year I was a lot further back. Despite there being hardly any FFP (I know some people bought tickets), there seemed to be a normal amount of fans saying the lines.

Can't wait for next year!

Also, Bill thanked Ted for all of the memories and adventures at the start of the show. According to another forum, this is supposedly the last year that actor will be playing Bill.
That sucks if true. He was great. He's been doing it for a number of years now hasn't he?