Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No question being able to use the biggest genre TV show arguably ever has been huge. But the large crowds there last weekend were not there for TWD. Universal has its own base now, thanks in no small part to Potter, who made it "cool" for all the Disney lifestylers to go there and get an AP. When people call WWoHP a "game-changer," it's because of things like this--in no small way, Potter made record crowds at HHN possible.
TWD actually had some of the most consistently low waits throughout the night.

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne
No question being able to use the biggest genre TV show arguably ever has been huge. But the large crowds there last weekend were not there for TWD.
I think while WD has been good for HHN I think it maybe only has one year left. I think even the general public has fatigue from WD at this point. I was talking to a friend before last years event who is not a HHN fan but goes with friends occasionally, his comment was "isn't isn't it the same thing this year". I didn't understand how he could think that at first. Then he said they still have Walking Dead, he thought it was the same house each year. Some of the people who aren't dedicated to going every year are starting to see WD as an excuse to skip a return visit.

Has the release date come out yet for the The Last of Us movie? That would be a great year to do a house based on that... i've been wanting a TLoU house ever since the video game released. It'd be a good replacement to take over in the "zombie/walker" category once TWD leaves the event too.

It has but I don't wanna completely dismiss the fact that the Parade Building has a history of low wait times. At the same time, I don't remember HHN 23's house being low on waits since it was the "main" focus.

Last year, the parade building had Roanoke which was the only house I decided to start skipping on return visits.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
It has but I don't wanna completely dismiss the fact that the Parade Building has a history of low wait times. At the same time, I don't remember HHN 23's house being low on waits since it was the "main" focus.
They definitely put it in a place where it will likely see low waits, which is nice, but it'd be better if the house didn't suck.

At least TWD fans won't have to wait 2 hours to be disappointed this year...

For awhile there Jack was super overused, and I was pretty sick of seeing him so much. Since we have had the two lackluster icons and years without icons, I am very happy to have him back and think either him, or the anniversary or whatever has really brought back an energy that has been missing for awhile.

Reactions: Brian G.
This leads to the question, are IPs needed anymore at HHN due to all the marketing and commercials being mostly original content? I personally think one or two big IPs are needed just for extra points but I think this is the start of a new era where IPs and original content can live together in harmony without one taking over the other

Sorry if off topic, don't know where to post: I'm heading up tonight at 5 and meeting some friends coming in around 7. They don't have an AP, I was planning on walking out to the guest pick up area to get in their car and use my pass to get them free parking. Should there be any issue going into the parking garage twice or HHN twice within a couple hours? I would expect this would have to be allowed in case someone has to go back to their car or hotel for any reason.

Sorry if off topic, don't know where to post: I'm heading up tonight at 5 and meeting some friends coming in around 7. They don't have an AP, I was planning on walking out to the guest pick up area to get in their car and use my pass to get them free parking. Should there be any issue going into the parking garage twice or HHN twice within a couple hours? I would expect this would have to be allowed in case someone has to go back to their car or hotel for any reason.

Using your pass for parking shouldn't be a problem but just remember, once you leave and the park closes at 5pm you wont be allowed back in until the park opens for HHN.

Reactions: neoshinok
Using your pass for parking shouldn't be a problem but just remember, once you leave and the park closes at 5pm you wont be allowed back in until the park opens for HHN.

Thanks! That will be fine, the event will be open by the time they arrive. I'm planning on doing S&S, catching a couple houses early and then meeting them outside around 7. Just wanted to make sure having my pass already scanned inside and at the garage won't cause a problem when I try to re-enter.

This leads to the question, are IPs needed anymore at HHN due to all the marketing and commercials being mostly original content? I personally think one or two big IPs are needed just for extra points but I think this is the start of a new era where IPs and original content can live together in harmony without one taking over the other
IPs are NOT a bad thing.

I know we all love original content, but originals are IPs too... RUN and All-Nite Die are in their third incarnations (albeit this is Die-In's first as a zone). PsycoScarapy is in it's fifth incarnation (first time as a scare zone), and Scary Tales (first as a scare zone) and Body Collectors are in their fourth incarnation (and it was used as a house AND scare zone in 2008).

Not to mention the house deemed the best by fans in 2013 (AWIL) and 2014 (Halloween) were both IP houses. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility an IP house could take the cake this year too. Just because it's an IP house doesn't mean tht a bunch of design work still doesn't have to go into creating the house. It doesn't just magically appear because it's an IP.

Last edited:

IP's have their place in the event. They aren't going anywhere.

Lol I'm definitely not saying IPs are bad, as I said before I welcome them and when they're good they're legendary. Hell my favorite house of all time is an IP. It's probably harder to turn an IP into a house than making something completely original due to how perfect you must make everything, not discrediting the work whatsoever. I'm just saying are we coming to a time where original content will be more accepted by the GP along with IPs?

Lol I'm definitely not saying IPs are bad, as I said before I welcome them and when they're good they're legendary. Hell my favorite house of all time is an IP. It's probably harder to turn an IP into a house than making something completely original due to how perfect you must make everything, not discrediting the work whatsoever. I'm just saying are we coming to a time where original content will be more accepted by the GP along with IPs?

Here's the thing:

Jack is an easy sell. He's an evil clown with some history at the event. GP just sees evil clown and there you go.

Not saying they can't go original and still pull in a crowd, but it was been one weekend with one of their most renowned characters. Let's pump the brakes a bit. :lol:

If Halloween didn't have Michael and Iconic Sounds it would've been the most generic, run of the mill POS my mother could have put up - but please, by all means - sing its praises.

Sorry, but this is straight up BS. That house was a perfect representation of one of the best horror movies ever made. It captured the tone perfectly and literally brought the film to life. Even with the biggest house in the history of the event (at the time) they couldn't make a Walking Dead house sniff Halloween.

Reactions: Cole and RevFreako
Also, I don't think there is an over reliance on Jack. It's not like they use him every single year, and it was appropriate for him to lead the 25th anniversary. Plus his houses and shows have usually been hits, unlike TWD which has been poor quality and continues to be there on a annual basis now.

Are they allowing either sealed water bottles or empty bottles into HHN once they begin the full security check? I remember last year I could not bring water in and wanted to check if this year is any different.

Also, I don't think there is an over reliance on Jack. It's not like they use him every single year, and it was appropriate for him to lead the 25th anniversary. Plus his houses and shows have usually been hits, unlike TWD which has been poor quality and continues to be there on a annual basis now.

We can say that now; but before his "retirement" in HHN XX, he was literally featured in some capacity since HHN 10.