Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one that didn't like Krampus as a movie? I think the concept for a house has plenty of magic to work with but I just wasn't impressed by the movie. I was expecting more.

I'm actually the same. Dumb movie, but iconography could make a great house.

Reactions: Clive
If you want to appriciate krampus more, watch this. The fact they made it with mostly practical effects with a ton of passion and love thrown into them is just amazing to see nowadays. Movie magic at its finest and perfect for HHN

Another reason why i'm excited for Krampus at HHN, is because of the practical aspect.

Reactions: Cole
I thought it was a great movie! I am a huge fan of twisting holidays around but its not something that happens often. Seeing a horror film set during Christmas time is a perfect setting and I am surprised it is not more common. The practical effects they used were amazing. Very little CGI and green screen which is SO rare now.

My biggest concern is that while Murdy tweeted that the next announcement will happen after TDWA, he said that what everybody is guessing (based on the facade they see while on the tour) is wrong. So, either he is trying to throw us off because it really is Krampus, or they have something else up their sleeve. He also confirmed that Hollywood will have ZERO soundstage houses this year which is a disappointment for them. It better be Krampus though and a dual announcement. I am going to be so disappointed if we don't get Krampus this year in Orlando.

Have not seen the movie but has a house been done with puppets and animatronics like that or do you envision it being done by scareactors?

I do know about AWiL and loved those but wouldn't this require many more?

If Krampus is a house it has to have puppets. Sure the elves and the big man himself will most likely be actors but a ton of things are way too small to be anything but puppets. Either way the second I saw this movie all I thought was HHN, I really hope it happens

My wife is the same way until her courage is adjusted. Takes about 90 minutes in Finnegan's. :)

This is the thing Georgemoe, I have been through.... nearly 100 scare mazes. I work at one of the biggest UK Scare attractions. I know how they work, I know the psychology of scaring people within the mazes, I can terrify grown men and make them cower when I'm working..... I am notoriously hard to scare...

Yet I am dreading.... DREADING The Exorcist....

If you want to appriciate krampus more, watch this. The fact they made it with mostly practical effects with a ton of passion and love thrown into them is just amazing to see nowadays. Movie magic at its finest and perfect for HHN

This was actually pretty cool to watch. I guess I just had super high expectations, which is stupid to have with almost any horror movie. I'll have to give it another go. Still think the house would be pretty sweet. So much material to work with