Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
According to Scott Mendelson of Forbes in his review of the film Purge: Election year, he stated we are getting a purge house and when he was at the park a few weeks ago...his tour guide confirmed also that freddy v jason as well.

Is he referring to Orlando or Hollywood?
I found the article and this is the line:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/06/29/review-the-purge-election-year-is-sadly-summers-most-timely-sequel/#2f164329250e said:
Much of the first half feels less like an organic narrative and more like the inevitable The Purge haunted maze attraction at this year’s Universal Halloween Horror Nights (hot scoop courtesy of my tour guide a few weeks back: we’re allegedly getting a Freddy Vs. Jason maze too!). My wife and I are vets in this area, and we both noticed that there are big chunks of this film that feel like you’re walking through an exterior haunted maze.
It sounds to me like Hollywood, also not exactly a complete confirmation as it's just second hand information from a tour guide. It's interesting though.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I found the article and this is the line:

It sounds to me like Hollywood, also not exactly a complete confirmation as it's just second hand information from a tour guide.

If he was within a Media Tour of the studio for a press screening of the movie; I could possibly understand..but he says inevitable. Inevitable can mean anything, especially when you consider that USH has had no real rumors of anything Purge besides a scarezone.

If he was within a Media Tour of the studio for a press screening of the movie; I could possibly understand..but he says inevitable. Inevitable can mean anything, especially when you consider that USH has had no real rumors of anything Purge besides a scarezone.
Yeah it sounds to me like the tour guide probably said: "yeah we'll probably get Purge again this year and I heard we're getting FvJ" or something similar.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I think that FvJ had some really good concepts, and really nice environment work, but the effectiveness definitely depended on how your walk through was paced. We went through twice (as well as on Unmasking the Horror), and one run was definitely better than the other.

The whole thing got a little muddled near the end as well, especially if you didn't time it well around the screens.

I have to admit, that I got a little nervous when the other poster was referencing a return already this year. That would have been way too soon.

I'm sure purge won't be here this year, you can't do it justice without guns and that's the last thing we need this year. Wouldn't doubt Hollywood though

Agree on no Purge house; however, I could still see them doing a Scarezone. I don't think the actors really had guns at HHN24, just axes, knives, hammers, chainsaws, forks, doughnuts, rubber duckies....no guns though.

Reactions: Cole
Agree on no Purge house; however, I could still see them doing a Scarezone. I don't think the actors really had guns at HHN24, just axes, knives, hammers, chainsaws, forks, doughnuts, rubber duckies....no guns though.

There were a couple with two handed guns, but I don't think they ever even simulated firing them.

Reactions: Cole
What house do you guys think will be announced next for Orlando?

37865-Michael-Myers-Gif.gif

I'm just really curious on how Hollywood and Orlando will tackle Halloween 2 because of how well Hollywood handled the IP last year and Orlando in 2014. The question lies to me how will Orlandos start as Hollywood's may start at the end of the first film at the Doyle House.

Reactions: snayberry
I'm just really curious on how Hollywood and Orlando will tackle Halloween 2 because of how well Hollywood handled the IP last year and Orlando in 2014. The question lies to me how will Orlandos start as Hollywood's may start at the end of the first film at the Doyle House.

I definitely want to experience some hospital scenes.

Reactions: merlin0402