Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My honest guest is krampus. With the house from Hollywood really shaping up and the way it's more light hearted, I think it would be a good transition back to announcements. I think H2 will be announced with the originals and scare zones, like AWIL last year

I gotta believe that H2 would be a bigger announcement then Krampus, but then again I'm a little bias! Bring on the next announcement

Looking at the current HHN audition schedule it does seem to imply now that there will be a Chance show. Obviously they keep things as vague as possible.
Actors
Prepare a one-minute monologue. Improv skills may be required for certain roles. Callbacks will be scheduled for a later date.

• Chance – Female 5’6”-5’9” to portray this year’s Halloween Horror Nights™ icon
  • Female – Any height, slender build
  • Male – Any height, slender build

Thinking outside the box a bit. Maybe this won't be a show, but more of an interactive queue experience?
It certainly could be anything. This is however seperate from the house and street performers which I would think that would fall under.

It's also known that there will be 2 shows and nothing else is listed. But yeah, this doesn't necessarily tell us too much.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I feel like that is for either a "back-up" Chance for a show or for the house.

Since the actress that played Chance last year was also the same actress that helped "create" her during the Carnival of Carnage show back in 2007 and is also the same person they picked to use in the promo images this year, I can't see them picking a NEW person to play her on stage. She literally IS Chance and to have anybody else play her in a speaking/acting role would be a mistake.

However, I fully expect multiple "Chances" inside her house. I don't see them putting Chance inside the Scarezone because of the massive line that would form for pictures...a disappointing fact that we have to deal with now when you stick an iconic character in the streets, it becomes a Disney style Meet & Greet. We are getting a Chance SZ, but I feel like it would include the massive stage location from last year and will host the show.

I really hope a show does happen because she killed it last year and I can't wait to see the kind of energy she puts into this years show now that she is the Icon.

Reactions: Cole
I feel like that is for either a "back-up" Chance for a show or for the house.

Since the actress that played Chance last year was also the same actress that helped "create" her during the Carnival of Carnage show back in 2007 and is also the same person they picked to use in the promo images this year, I can't see them picking a NEW person to play her on stage. She literally IS Chance and to have anybody else play her in a speaking/acting role would be a mistake.

However, I fully expect multiple "Chances" inside her house. I don't see them putting Chance inside the Scarezone because of the massive line that would form for pictures...a disappointing fact that we have to deal with now when you stick an iconic character in the streets, it becomes a Disney style Meet & Greet. We are getting a Chance SZ, but I feel like it would include the massive stage location from last year and will host the show.

I really hope a show does happen because she killed it last year and I can't wait to see the kind of energy she puts into this years show now that she is the Icon.
I agree I think it's for the back up/understudy position. I know we already debated wether the actress would be back, which I would be extremely shocked if she isn't. Regardless though it does appear there will be an actor portraying Chance and just to be clear this is specifically seperate from the house and streets auditions.

All formal speaking positions are separate from house and street auditions. It includes barkers and meet/greet characters. It could just as well be a Chance in a tower taunting people.

The fact they're specifically looking for improv (and that there's no mention of a simple movement audition) makes me think it's just as likely for that than for a icon show.

Possibly for the Opening Scaremonies, as well as another placement in the park?
Typically the opening Scaremonies are just scareactors that are pulled to the front and then go to the streets afterward.

I know that it's not 100% certain but I really get the impression that that group of auditions is for the second show. You don't hire a group of true actors for side things. That is of course assuming we're no longer speculating about P&T being the second show.:lol:

Still can't believe in just 74 days it will be employee preview night! The fact that we really only have 3 "official" house announcements means we have a lot of info and its going to be getting released real quick! Technically we have 4 houses, but nothing has been said about Chances house expect the basic setting so I am not counting that one. I feel like we will get a formal announcement about that one when they announce the other originals.

Feel like we have 3 more IP houses which will each get their own week in the spotlight. Maybe 1 IP scarezone which will most likely get it's own week for an announcement. Then the rest of the scarezones, shows, and original houses in the same week. So, 4-5 weeks of announcements still. We will get one next week (confirmed on Twitter by Murdy and its assumed to be a joint announcement). So, we should be getting an announcement almost weekly from this point forward with only 1 or 2 off weeks. Hopefully the next three weeks are houses, then take a week or two off before they announce the rest of it. It's been almost a month since the last announcement so its time!

You don't hire a group of true actors for side things. That is of course assuming we're no longer speculating about P&T being the second show.:lol:
Except they do. If a person has a microphone, they're an actor. So the nurse in Scarepy last year, the barker in front of Purge, they audition as actors.

Typically the opening Scaremonies are just scareactors that are pulled to the front and then go to the streets afterward.

I know that it's not 100% certain but I really get the impression that that group of auditions is for the second show. You don't hire a group of true actors for side things. That is of course assuming we're no longer speculating about P&T being the second show.:lol:

Two years ago they had a Purge guy do a quick 2min bit while the rest of the purgers lined up at the gates. I was thinking something like that.

Reactions: s8film40
Except they do. If a person has a microphone, they're an actor. So the nurse in Scarepy last year, the barker in front of Purge, they audition as actors.
Those were both great examples of actors, I just have a hard time believing that requires a month of rehearsals.

I'm not saying this is 100% confirmed for the second show or anything. I guess it would be interesting to look at this from another angle. If these actor positions really are just for the houses and streets then that means they're not holding any auditions for the second show which in turn would mean they must be bringing in some kind of outside act or some other scenario where casting is not required.

Reactions: Jessabelle
I'm postitive that chance is for the B cast of her show. Biggest fear for her show is that they'll reuse the same kills from carnage returns as that did for carnival of carnage. But God I hope I'm wrong lol

Reactions: s8film40
I'm postitive that chance is for the B cast of her show. Biggest fear for her show is that they'll reuse the same kills from carnage returns as that did for carnival of carnage. But God I hope I'm wrong lol
I agree, as great as Carnival of Carnage was I would really like to see them do a different type of show. While I liked the horror magic tricks, they didn't seem to have a good repeatability factor for me. I just wasn't compelled to re-watch it every single night. They mention in all the marketing this "theater of the mind" concept so I could see them doing something where she is imagining herself in a large theatrical production.

Reactions: Cole
realistically speaking, what kind of show could Chance have? it will probably involve metal music and murder but.... what kind of show?

Does anyone think that the event will be toned down this year due to the tragic events over the weekend? They toned a lot of things down in 2001 after 9/11, will this year be the same? I would think at the very least they would want to steer clear of any use of guns or shooting, etc.
Welcome to the OU FORUMS.

realistically speaking, what kind of show could Chance have? it will probably involve metal music and murder but.... what kind of show?
That's kind of the exciting aspect of it. While they could do something similar to last year the potential is there to do something new and a little different.

She could have a modified magic show or something that focuses more on dance and song like Rocky Horror used to be.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts