Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

The meet and greet doesn’t make sense. It says no pictures or videos. Isn’t that the whole point of a meet and greet?

9VEzlNc.gif

Also found this coming from someone who has seen it in person
“I know what this is. I’m looking at it now in person.

There’s a camera above facing the front. There’s a walkie talkie on the yellow bars(obviously a microphone) And there’s obviously a screen or something behind the testing to commence sign.

So I guess communicating with someone.

Just who though”

I've heard some things. Keep your expectations in check and @Legacy as always knows what's up.
It seems like Joe was right on this front

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this is something like Dustin's basecamp where he had the walkie talkie to talk to the rest of the gang in season three?

Also, @MaxRebo, please stop posting consecutively without anyone else posting in between. Instead, use the "+quote" feature to include all replies into one response. It makes for a cleaner and easier to read thread.

This is silly but can anyone explain how you’d get there..? I’ve never been by this and I’d kinda like to see it tonight or sometime this weekend!

This is silly but can anyone explain how you’d get there..? I’ve never been by this and I’d kinda like to see it tonight or sometime this weekend!

when you are by the side of the runway stage of vanity ball, by the side of terminator ride store

when you are by the side of the runway stage of vanity ball, by the side of terminator ride store
Oh! I’ve been there; I didn’t know it was a Terminator store before :’) I never got to ride it while it was still around because I hadn’t been regularly going to parks yet!! Thank you for the detail!

Oh! I’ve been there; I didn’t know it was a Terminator store before :’) I never got to ride it while it was still around because I hadn’t been regularly going to parks yet!! Thank you for the detail!

yeah when you would exit the terminator ride it would lead you to that store
(the terminator ride was just a 3D movie like shrek 3D but with live actors

Last edited:
yeah when you would exit the terminator ride it would lead you to that store
(the terminator ride was just a 3D movie like shrek but with live actors
Oh that actually sounds amazing?

Not to be like “this generation...” or whatever but why on earth did Universal give up on actor and/or practical effect-led attractions that felt Hollywood? Beetlejuice, Twister, Earthquake, and I guess now also Terminator, I’ll miss you...

To keep this on the HHN theme with the thread, it almost feels like that’s the only thing still keeping the park feeling production-based. During the regular year, Fallon is maybe the closest thing to “look how entertainment is made!” but you also go into space, so, yknow...

But HHN employs the use of so many neat practical effects, and when it does use screens, it tends to use them very, very effectively, and I miss that about older attractions. Yes, the image quality of Fast and Furious is notable, but I’m living for that actual spectacle and awe that comes with last year’s flying witch and this year’s bungee Wolfman, yknow? That’s probably why I’m so into the event, beyond the general artistry.

Last edited: