The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 368 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this isnt considered mindless speculating but with them posting articles on hive, twisted, and now leave it to cleaver could there be a chance that the 30 year house will solely be based on Carey Ohio houses?
Its not mindless speculation. There was a "Carey, Ohio" house on the first speculation map. Then I think it became Legendary Truth, so maybe it could be a combination of the three?
So instead of just the random scenes thrown together, maybe somehow LT is involved somehow. It could be like archive footage or something. I always find the way that they do anniversary houses is a bit messy.

As for, "why not Silence of the Lambs". There could be some likeness rights issues as well, especially with Hannibal/Anthony Hopkins and Clarice/Jodie Foster.

Contracts for that sort of thing are odd, but they may have run into snags where they couldn't portray those certain versions of those characters due to the actor(s) refusing (similar to why they didn't have any of the big named characters in Walking Dead).

If you don't have that, then you just have FBI woman in suit and crazy guy in a mask...that still may have looked too similar to Hopkins, and could cause some issues.

As for, "why not Silence of the Lambs". There could be some likeness rights issues as well, especially with Hannibal/Anthony Hopkins and Clarice/Jodie Foster.

Contracts for that sort of thing are odd, but they may have run into snags where they couldn't portray those certain versions of those characters due to the actor(s) refusing (similar to why they didn't have any of the big named characters in Walking Dead).

If you don't have that, then you just have FBI woman in suit and crazy guy in a mask...that still may have looked too similar to Hopkins, and could cause some issues.
Isn't there something they can do about it? I know that they had that kind of issue with the frozen Jack Torrance in the Shining house. It looked too similar to the actual actor, so they had to change it. Or is this a different issue than that?

Isn't there something they can do about it? I know that they had that kind of issue with the frozen Jack Torrance in the Shining house. It looked too similar to the actual actor, so they had to change it. Or is this a different issue than that?

Same thing, but it all depends on what the deals are with the actors and/or rights holders. They could always try to put a guy in a Hannibal mask in there; but, there's not much to change about a dude in a straight jacket and mask. Then, whoever might have an issue with it could argue that it's still too similar and smack them with a cease and desist, or pull out of the contract.

Obviously, these kind of things are all over the place (especially with older properties). Newer properties tend to have these kind of things ironed out in the initial contracts with the actors. That's why the likeness of the Stranger Things characters probably weren't much of an issue.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I’ve already heard a couple of “things” that could be in it from 20 and earlier.
I'm game to speculate a little on a 30-year Anniversary house:

- I could see a Psycho scene in there, since that was the biggest early IP house and made appearances at BOTH HHN 3 & 4 as well as 16.
- I think TWD could have a scene since it showed up 5 consecutive years and was a big part of HHN lore even tho some of the houses were disappointing.
- The People Under the Stairs makes sense since it was the first IP at HHN 2 AND made a reappearance at HHN 16.
- Scarecrow makes the most sense of the recent years b/c it was so damned good & there has been scuttle it could return in some fashion.
- Body Collectors has appeared 3 separate times (I think) and had some really good moments, so I could see that represented as well.
- Halloween makes a lot of sense because it's a staple & Michael Myers is an iconic "monster". Also a lot of great scenes to choose from.

Others that I could appearing would be: AHS, Evil Dead, TCM, Legendary Truth, and Slaughter Sinema,

- I could see a Psycho scene in there, since that was the biggest early IP house and made appearances at BOTH HHN 3 & 4 as well as 16.
- I think TWD could have a scene since it showed up 5 consecutive years and was a big part of HHN lore even tho some of the houses were disappointing.
- The People Under the Stairs makes sense since it was the first IP at HHN 2 AND made a reappearance at HHN 16.
- Scarecrow makes the most sense of the recent years b/c it was so damned good & there has been scuttle it could return in some fashion.
- Body Collectors has appeared 3 separate times (I think) and had some really good moments, so I could see that represented as well.
- Halloween makes a lot of sense because it's a staple & Michael Myers is an iconic "monster". Also a lot of great scenes to choose from.

Others that I could appearing would be: AHS, Evil Dead, TCM, Legendary Truth, and Slaughter Sinema,
They already said no IPs, just originals

Just one issue with having old IPs in there, wouldn't they have to renew their contract to use those IPs. I wouldn't mind seeing one of two Ips (maybe Psycho, and Halloween), but I think the 30-year house might be mostly originals.

As @Legacy has stated, I think it's safe to say we'd be going more in the original/LT direction in regard to scenes. They may not have the license to put certain IP's in this house anymore. Also, HHN has actually been hinting at what could go in there before the blog posts There are the scrolling shots on the opening web page that have Hive and Pumpkin.

As @Legacy has stated, I think it's safe to say we'd be going more in the original/LT direction in regard to scenes. They may not have the license to put certain IP's in this house anymore. Also, HHN has actually been hinting at what could go in there before the blog posts There are the scrolling shots on the opening web page that have Hive and Pumpkin.
Unfortunately I hadn't read that far ahead LOL - I didn't want to read ahead and get my thoughts tainted by other people's spec - but it seems that was a double-edged sword. Oh well...damned if you do, damned if you don't :shrug:

I just want to get this out there so I don't have to keep seeing "secret IP." Apparently it's my trigger. I will keep both its location and version a secret.

It's TCM. This was what I was trying to say when stating that it's been in front of everyone this whole time.

What you may not know, is that it was originally going to be Silence of the Lambs. Why they cut THAT house, could be cause for decent speculation.
I am guessing COVID caused Silence to be cut simply because that house would be most effective with SIFs which I think are gonna be rightfully eliminated this year for obvious reasons. But, this is a house I've always wanted and that end scene where you're basically roaming in the dark could be a helluva "sensory-depravation" type room that scares the bejesus out of me, so I'm really glad to hear that it's potentially "on the table" for the future.

Here’s the thing with the Silence of the Lambs rumor, and why I asked it to not appear on the map.

The first person I heard mention it... was me.

I was given some hints about a house, specifically a wide time period of the film’s release (after 1980), that it would be a headliner, and that it would be “new” to HHN. In conservation with a couple of others, I speculated Silence of the Lambs. Within days, other insiders were coming to me saying Silence of the Lambs was happening. However, since I was the only “source” I knew for it, I couldn’t just believe the “rumor.” In the past, I’ve had sources from inside Universal tell me incorrect information that they were told by unaffiliated insiders like myself. Just because a rumor exists doesn’t mean it didn’t start in our own echo chamber.

Like I said, knowledge can be a curse. Because I’ve done this for so long, and have gotten so much “right,” I’m not given much opportunity to be wrong, or even speculate—even in private.

So, when Nightmares asked me to review their spec map (because they do), I asked them to remove Silence because I didn’t know (or even think) it was a founded rumor. They referred to it as “secret IP” because they believed it was Silence. The truth was, it should have been “unknown IP,” because up to that point TCM was nowhere on my radar. I had actively discounted it because the original didn’t check the boxes I was told for the unknown IP. But some of the films in the franchise do.

Was Silence on the docket? I have no clue. I mostly have reasons to believe it wasn’t.

Last edited:
It was brought up earlier that COVID would potentially have more repercussions on IPs than anything since certain holders may not want to risk it for the biscuit this year.

EDIT: Welp, never mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.