The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the house would have to be rather long to briefly cover 30 years. Would MIB tent have enough room to cover some of the houses from all 30? I personally think that it would make Sense to do 20 and forward, because that is what’s fresh on people’s minds.
I’m sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to whittle it down to the “best of” the last 30 years... there are a handful of Original houses that are consistently on people’s top all-time favorites.. Then again, I’m sure A&D needs to think about fluency of the house as well. So, who knows!

Reactions: londonwerecat
I’m sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to whittle it down to the “best of” the last 30 years... there are a handful of Original houses that are consistently on people’s top all-time favorites.. Then again, I’m sure A&D needs to think about fluency of the house as well. So, who knows!

But also avoid repeating things that were already in the 25th anni house.

My wondering if house locations stems from the "headliner house" last 2 years had the line at the music plaza. Wondering which is in there is my guessing point for what to guess and imagine the mainline merch may be. The dominant amount of shirts, the most characters on the hoodie..etc

If I were to pitch some 30Y guesses that aren’t just my wants:

Scarecrow (As was pointed out, it was in that teaser. On its own, I could see it being a zone. But 25 had a ST zone as well as it being in the ani house so that wouldn’t block it.)

Dollhouse (“Notable” “HOTY” Original that didn’t get an appearance at 25)

HIVE (There was discussion over that Twisted Traditions lore being a wink nudge to what would be going on in Pumpkin Lord and we got a HIVE one as well. HIVE already has gotten a cheeky “HIVE 2” hint as well back at 28.)

I would have nothing for pre-20 since I wasn’t going so that’s going to be a fun element. The only thing that makes sense to exclude (as in I feel confident-ish in) are IPs and perhaps the Icons (considering the other “possible” house).

This Secret IP has me intrigued as to why it's "secret". Is it something that people aren't sure about yet? Or is it something that they don't want to be "Game of Throned" with some sort of tricky rights issue that insiders feel might force the IP to withdraw if it's leaked early?

Not expecting an answer, and when it's revealed that should answer my question, but Brian's latest comment on in makes it sound like there's some potential interesting drama around it :)

Edit - My $0.02 on the potential properties for a 30 years house, they don't have to cover all 30 years of course. Just a best of, hopefully with rooms that haven't appeared in other "best of" houses. Though they could try for all 30 years - have an animatronic Crypt Keeper at the entry to the house saying, "Welcome to 30 years of nightmares and fear boils and ghouls" or something silly like that, then the exit scare be Jack the Clown saying something like, "You didn't think you'd escape this terror without seeing me, did you?" and then have the Bill and Ted phone booth in the house with a puddle of blood and two sets of legs sticking out ala Wizard of Oz with their signature guitar riff being a jump scare.

B&T, Jack and Crypt Keeper have to account for like 15-20 years of the event. (Zero research on my part, so I could be way off) But something fun like that where superfans could figure out how every year was represented without making the house too hokey would be really cool.

Last edited:
This Secret IP has me intrigued as to why it's "secret". Is it something that people aren't sure about yet? Or is it something that they don't want to be "Game of Throned" with some sort of tricky rights issue that insiders feel might force the IP to withdraw if it's leaked early?

Not expecting an answer, and when it's revealed that should answer my question, but Brian's latest comment on in makes it sound like there's some potential interesting drama around it :)

It could be either or.

Two IP’s were hidden last year.

Ghostbusters was “hidden” (not on the map) to prevent an issue, for all that was worth.

Us was hidden to try and keep some surprise alive...for all that was worth.

It could be either or.

Ghostbusters was “hidden” (not on the map) to prevent an issue, for all that was worth.

I believe that US wasn’t really hidden; It was more that it was a late addition so info about it was scarce. What was the issue that Ghostbusters was preventing? I must have forgotten.

I believe that US wasn’t really hidden; It was more that it was a late addition so info about it was scarce. What was the issue that Ghostbusters was preventing? I must have forgotten.

Well we could’ve known about Us immediately, but Legacy and the “in the know”s were trying to keep it a surprise...then as is tradition, someone just spouted it on Twitter.

Ghostbusters being “revealed” early is believed to have caused GoT to have come off the table as a potential IP.

Well we could’ve known about Us immediately, but Legacy and the “in the know”s were trying to keep it a surprise...then as is tradition, someone just spouted it on Twitter.

Ghostbusters being “revealed” early is believed to have caused GoT to have come off the table as a potential IP.
What I actually think happened was that US was suppose to be something else at first (Bedtime stories?) but then it got changed closer to the event.

As someone who has only been lucky enough to attend a whopping TWO HHN events (2008 and 2019), I am stoked to hear an Anniversary House may possibly include some things from the first 20 years of the event. A room from something as early as Hotel Hell, The Slaughterhouse or the original Dungeon of Terror(s) would be awesome!

(There was discussion over that Twisted Traditions lore being a wink nudge to what would be going on in Pumpkin Lord and we got a HIVE one as well. HIVE already has gotten a cheeky “HIVE 2” hint as well back at 28.)

Looks like we can add Meetz Meetz/Leave it to Cleaver to the "probable" list for the anniversary house.

Edit - My $0.02 on the potential properties for a 30 years house, they don't have to cover all 30 years of course. Just a best of, hopefully with rooms that haven't appeared in other "best of" houses. Though they could try for all 30 years - have an animatronic Crypt Keeper at the entry to the house saying, "Welcome to 30 years of nightmares and fear boils and ghouls" or something silly like that, then the exit scare be Jack the Clown saying something like, "You didn't think you'd escape this terror without seeing me, did you?" and then have the Bill and Ted phone booth in the house with a puddle of blood and two sets of legs sticking out ala Wizard of Oz with their signature guitar riff being a jump scare.

B&T, Jack and Crypt Keeper have to account for like 15-20 years of the event. (Zero research on my part, so I could be way off) But something fun like that where superfans could figure out how every year was represented without making the house too hokey would be really cool.
It could be either or.

I just want to get this out there so I don't have to keep seeing "secret IP." Apparently it's my trigger. I will keep both its location and version a secret.

It's TCM. This was what I was trying to say when stating that it's been in front of everyone this whole time.

What you may not know, is that it was originally going to be Silence of the Lambs. Why they cut THAT house, could be cause for decent speculation.

I just want to get this out there so I don't have to keep seeing "secret IP." Apparently it's my trigger. I will keep both its location and version a secret.

It's TCM. This was what I was trying to say when stating that it's been in front of everyone this whole time.

What you may not know, is that it was originally going to be Silence of the Lambs. Why they cut THAT house, could be cause for decent speculation.
So I presume that it isn’t one of those things where they started construction on Silence and then shifted to TCM. Is it also safe to say that it’s the original TCM since you didn’t specify movie number. I’m actually quite excited to see that. I hope we will get the door slam scene and the meat hook. I could also see the last scare after you exit the house, being the little dance of frustration that Leatherface does at the end of the movie.
Edit: disregard the comment about movie. I didn’t see the comment about no comment about version.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
So I presume that it isn’t one of those things where they started construction on Silence and then shifted to TCM. Is it also safe to say that it’s the original TCM since you didn’t specify movie number. I’m actually quite excited to see that. I hope we will get the door slam scene and the meat hook. I could also see the last scare after you exit the house, being the little dance of frustration that Leatherface does at the end of the movie.

but we already had original?

originally going to be Silence of the Lambs. Why they cut THAT house, could be cause for decent speculation.

too controversial? and they would have to remove key characters and scenes for the house? basically having to only using Hannibal but nothing else?
i couldnt imagine being able to use the rest

I didn’t see that he wouldn’t comment on the version. The original was so long ago that I don’t think people will mind another original, but it is as likely that we could get 2 or the reboot. I don’t know what to think about the Rob Zombie reboot, so no comment on that.
Edit: I’m stupid. Rob Zombie didn’t direct the TCM reboot, that was Halloween. Still feel the same way about the TCM reboot.

too controversial? and they would have to remove key characters and scenes for the house? basically having to only using Hannibal but nothing else?
i couldnt imagine being able to use the rest
I’ve never seen Silence. What parts of it would be too controversial for the event?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.