The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 365 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Including rehashing old questions involving the "secret IP" that I have already stated is not secret(as far as what's currently slated for the event)? I remember the old Vault days when any little bit of information, people were deciphering and solving like little Sherlocks. I feel like I've basically screamed what the houses are with my reactions to posts and the words I use, but these questions still keep happening. And it's not just you @BoSoxFan1022. We cool(except for the Red Sox thing). This just seems to happen in general. Of course I guess it is a little muddied in here so there are a lot of directions to go?
I was more just thinking of reviewing the information that we already know. I guess we are too dumb to figure out the houses that your reactions have “screamed”.

Reactions: Sledge
Including rehashing old questions involving the "secret IP" that I have already stated is not secret(as far as what's currently slated for the event)? I remember the old Vault days when any little bit of information, people were deciphering and solving like little Sherlocks. I feel like I've basically screamed what the houses are with my reactions to posts and the words I use, but these questions still keep happening. And it's not just you @BoSoxFan1022. We cool(except for the Red Sox thing). This just seems to happen in general. Of course I guess it is a little muddied in here so there are a lot of directions to go?

This is coming across pretty harsh....

This is coming across pretty harsh....
Yeah. Just another comment about this: I know it might not be on purpose, but those who are “in the know” always talk in a very condescending manner to everyone else.The way that you all treat us sometimes makes me not want to go on this thread. I’m just trying to be helpful and continue the conversation. It might be annoying to you all who already know what’s up, but everyone else still wants to talk about it since the well of information has pretty much dried up. I hope you all understand.

Edit: still love you Legacy and RingWraith

Last edited:
I know it might not be on purpose this way, but those who are “in the know” always talk in a very condescending manner to everyone else.
I too have noticed this a lot more this year than others. I'm surprised my eyes haven't rolled out of my head by now. :lol:

Anyway, back on topic....

So what location do y'all think Billie Eilish-and-not-Iron Maiden will be in?

Shrek Theater, but that's just a guess.
Seems like an educated guess to me. From what I remember, if Eilish is coming as a House (which I’m not sure about, I’m more in the music for brides house category), we were told that she wouldn’t be in tents. Which makes sense, because typically the headliners are in sound stages.shrek is technically a soundstage. They would also want the bigger properties towards the entrance of the park.
Edit: added more details

Yeah. Just another comment about this: I know it might not be on purpose this way, but those who are “in the know” always talk in a very condescending matter to everyone. The way that you all treat us sometimes makes me not want to go on this thread. I’m just trying to be helpful and continue the conversation. It might be annoying to you all who already know what’s up, but everyone else still wants to talk about it since the well of information has pretty much dried up. I hope you all understand.
Let me explain without being a condescending turd for a second, but also give you an understanding of where I'm coming from, along with a few others on here. I'm an old school HHNVault user. So firstly, the condescension and jabs were considered tough love back then, so that's where I get it from. *I swear I feel like the "get off my lawn" guy but I'm not.* In that time and still at HNN, there were logical threads of thinking how you get from one point to another, almost like a murder case. So there was a displayed thought process in the speculation that you're coming up with and a lot less posts, because people were too busy figuring it out on their own and then presenting their case. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not too dense to understand that there is a pandemic with no announcements, so there isn't really much you can do without repeating yourself at the moment. HorrorNightNightmares has basically gone dark for the moment because there isn't much going on and so users have stopped posting. We have 22 pages of speculation over there. There's really no reason why we should have 365 in this particular thread.

Now, I've reacted to posts, given hints and left enough breadcrumbs along the way to the extent that my clues would have been eaten alive in the Vault. I understand this isn't the Vault, but it just feels like to me and some vets, that people aren't even trying to piece things together and they're just wanting the info on a platter. So that gets frustrating. I was talking to another veteran member and they said it was fun to find all of the links and then taking a shot at an educated guess based on all of the clues/info people have stated before.

I used to be in the shoes of those that don't have any sources. Sometimes, I wish I was back there again, but the information is like a drug and I can't go back now. However, as much as I may come off like a jerk sometimes, I'm sympathetic to the members that don't have inside info, but I'm just encouraging those that are truly interested in the event, to be detectives about it. This can take awhile, but the clues are all there and I guarantee it'll feel rewarding at the end. Also, as a disclaimer understand that we cannot give the "answers" that we have from the sources we've gathered.

If that doesnt work search
A Snippet into Billie’s Mind - bury a friend

Thank you for sending this link. I’ll be sure to check it out. I’ve got to admit I don’t have much experience with her music. However, I’m open to new music and if you say that she might be a good fit this year, then I might as well do my research before putting my opinion on the table.

Let me explain without being a condescending turd for a second, but also give you an understanding of where I'm coming from, along with a few others on here. I'm an old school HHNVault user. So firstly, the condescension and jabs were considered tough love back then, so that's where I get it from. *I swear I feel like the "get off my lawn" guy but I'm not.* In that time and still at HNN, there were logical threads of thinking how you get from one point to another, almost like a murder case. So there was a displayed thought process in the speculation that you're coming up with and a lot less posts, because people were too busy figuring it out on their own and then presenting their case. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not too dense to understand that there is a pandemic with no announcements, so there isn't really much you can do without repeating yourself at the moment. HorrorNightNightmares has basically gone dark for the moment because there isn't much going on and so users have stopped posting. We have 22 pages of speculation over there. There's really no reason why we should have 365 in this particular thread.

Now, I've reacted to posts, given hints and left enough breadcrumbs along the way to the extent that my clues would have been eaten alive in the Vault. I understand this isn't the Vault, but it just feels like to me and some vets, that people aren't even trying to piece things together and they're just wanting the info on a platter. So that gets frustrating. I was talking to another veteran member and they said it was fun to be piece things together and then taking a shot at an educated guess based on all of the clues/info people have stated before.

I used to be in the shoes of those that don't have any sources. Sometimes, I wish I was back there again, but the information is like a drug and I can't go back now. However, as much as I may come off like a jerk sometimes, I'm sympathetic to the members that don't have inside info, but I'm just encouraging those that are truly interested in the event, to be detectives about it. This can take awhile, but the clues are all there and I guarantee it'll feel rewarding at the end. Also, as a disclaimer understand that we cannot give the "answers" that we have from the sources we've gathered.
I’m really happy that everyone is starting to address their opinions about this. It’s kinda being an underlying issue that no one has brought up yet. Thank you for telling us your perspective on it. I totally understand. I understand that you can’t hold us by our hands and lead us through all the clues. I just think that everyone needs to be kind to each other and more patient. The random speculation definitely needs to be cut down upon. I thought Legacy had a good system earlier this year that toned down on random guesses, but it seems like Legacy has kinda given up and lessened his influence on the forum. I just want everyone to feel that their opinion is welcomed. When it comes down to it, I want people to be happy.

Now, I've reacted to posts, given hints and left enough breadcrumbs along the way to the extent that my clues would have been eaten alive in the Vault. I understand this isn't the Vault, but it just feels like to me and some vets, that people aren't even trying to piece things together and they're just wanting the info on a platter. So that gets frustrating. I was talking to another veteran member and they said it was fun to be piece things together and then taking a shot at an educated guess based on all of the clues/info people have stated before.

My only...”counter” isn’t the word, but Nightmares has kinda been dying on the vine (forum discussion wise) for a while. I don’t know what caused the shift there. Nightmares went from 10,000 posts a HHN year, to 7-8, to 4-5, to just over 3,000 last year. Meanwhile, this just became the place.

Speaking as the boss man, it's been tough to mod. You've all seen how we've approached this thread this year (before COVID). We've been trying to find a happy medium and it seems we piss off each side of the coin with every move.

I get it; I love talking HHN, too - but I also know that where we're at with HHN 30 doesn't deserve 365 pages worth of discussion, especially when you consider we've had very little to go on. I've had a few people come up to me since UOR opened up saying "Man, I want to take part in the discussion but it's a lot to take in". At the same time, I get messaged that we're jerks because we're trying to rein in the convo. I understand the want for more info, especially this year with the world being so crazy.

This thread hasn't been perfect - that goes for everyone, including me. I think we all should take a step back and reflect on how our post contributes to the discussion. A bit of self-moderation, if you will.

Other than that... the only remedy may be just locking speculation and just waiting for actual announcements.

Thank you for sending this link. I’ll be sure to check it out. I’ve got to admit I don’t have much experience with her music. However, I’m open to new music and if you say that she might be a good fit this year, then I might as well do my research before putting my opinion on the table.

I’m really happy that everyone is starting to address their opinions about this. It’s kinda being an underlying issue that no one has brought up yet. Thank you for telling us your perspective on it. I totally understand. I understand that you can’t hold us by our hands and lead us through all the clues. I just think that everyone needs to be kind to each other and more patient. The random speculation definitely needs to be cut down upon. I thought Legacy had a good system earlier this year that toned down on random guesses, but it seems like Legacy has kinda given up and lessened his influence on the forum. I just want everyone to feel that their opinion is welcomed. When it comes down to it, I want people to be happy.
I come from a generation(I swear I'm not that old) where not everyone had the ability to voice their opinion. And it's a cultural shift. Again, I was discussing this with another user and they shared the frustration with the constant YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok etc. people that just have an opinion on everything and constantly want their voices heard and out there even if what they have to say isn't particularly beneficial or interesting. It just muddies the waters for others that may not have had a voice before, but now have something important to say. Technology has been both a blessing and a curse when it comes to this. Really, everyone has always been somewhat self-involved, but now they have the means to display it to the world and some just do it all the time, so it gets overwhelming. There are legitimately a handful of users(just being honest) that, for the sake of everyone else, should look at their post and think, "was that really necessary, beneficial or have thought behind it?" And then pause to click "post reply." We ALL have those types of posts but some definitely have more than others. So if we all work on those, those that are "Sherlocking" won't have to dig through 365 pages in order to find the valuable information they need to come to a conclusion.

That may or may not be wrong. ;)

And that's ok! But at least you tried!

How many different house concepts have you hinted at? I’d like to go through this weekend and see if I can decipher some since I‘d assume you really did put in the effort to have us solve it. I’m also an HHNVAULT member (though now it’s HAUNTVAULT) so the idea of this “detective” like work to figure out houses is fun to us. I could show some of your messages to the Discord and see if any other members would like to try figuring it out too.
Quite a few, but I can't remember how many exactly. However, there are some users on here that are VERY close to speculating the entire(current) lineup and it's a little scary. I want to say "ding ding ding!" But I don't want to give it away and it also makes it less fun for those still figuring it out.

Last edited:
Now, I've reacted to posts, given hints and left enough breadcrumbs along the way to the extent that my clues would have been eaten alive in the Vault. I understand this isn't the Vault, but it just feels like to me and some vets, that people aren't even trying to piece things together and they're just wanting the info on a platter. So that gets frustrating. I was talking to another veteran member and they said it was fun to find all of the links and then taking a shot at an educated guess based on all of the clues/info people have stated before.
How many different house concepts have you hinted at? I’d like to go through this weekend and see if I can decipher some since I‘d assume you really did put in the effort to have us solve it. I’m also an HHNVAULT member (though now it’s HAUNTVAULT) so the idea of this “detective” like work to figure out houses is fun to us. I could show some of your messages to the Discord and see if any other members would like to try figuring it out too.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Speaking as the boss man, it's been tough to mod. You've all seen how we've approached this thread this year (before COVID). We've been trying to find a happy medium and it seems we piss off each side of the coin with every move.

I get it; I love talking HHN, too - but I also know that where we're at with HHN 30 doesn't deserve 365 pages worth of discussion, especially when you consider we've had very little to go on. I've had a few people come up to me since UOR opened up saying "Man, I want to take part in the discussion but it's a lot to take it". At the same time, I get messaged that we're jerks because we're trying to reign in the convo. I understand the want for more info, especially this year with the world being so crazy.

This thread hasn't been perfect - that goes for everyone, including me. I think we all should take a step back and reflect on how our post contributes to the discussion. A bit of self-moderation, if you will.

Other than that... the only remedy may be just locking speculation and just waiting for actual announcements.
Thank you for your input and for all the effort that you have put in this year. If I might make a suggestion: these speculation threads always turn into the “general” thread for the year, maybe we should make a general thread that is left relatively unfiltered so that those who want to randomly guess or wishlist can do that there. No promise that they would get a response but at least they would have a platform to get their thoughts out. We could continue the tradition of the speculation thread, however patrol it more tightly with anything off topic deleted or told to move to the general chat. I understand that it’s really hard to do. Just wanted to give my input.
Thank you for all the hard work that you do for us. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your input and for all the effort that you have put in this year. If I might make a suggestion: these speculation threads always turn into the “general” thread for the year, maybe we should make a general thread that is left relatively unfiltered so that those who want to randomly guess or wishlist can do that there. No promise that they would get a response but at least they would have a platform to get their thoughts out. We could continue the tradition of the speculation thread, however patrol it more tightly with anything off topic deleted or told to move to the general chat. I understand that it’s really hard to do. Just wanted to give my input.
Thank you for all the hard work that you do for us. I really appreciate it.

We actually do have a Wish List thread. Where you can all spit out ideas until the cows come home.

We actually do have a Wish List thread. Where you can all spit out ideas until the cows come home.

Yeah i know about that thread. I’m just not sure how much others are aware and mindful of using it. I see countless people throw out dream houses and event ideas on this thread ex. The whole Black Sabbath thing. Maybe we can do a better job as a community to make newcomers aware of the thread.

I get it; I love talking HHN, too - but I also know that where we're at with HHN 30 doesn't deserve 365 pages worth of discussion, especially when you consider we've had very little to go on. I've had a few people come up to me since UOR opened up saying "Man, I want to take part in the discussion but it's a lot to take it". At the same time, I get messaged that we're jerks because we're trying to rein in the convo. I understand the want for more info, especially this year with the world being so crazy.

I don’t want to lock the thread as much as I’m sure anybody else dosent but it is a bit of a dilemma.

You don’t want to keep talking about COVID and ramifications in this thread, even I’m with that unless it’s absolutely a need at this point.

But then it gets to the location debate recently and it’s like “well we don’t want you guys assuming”. We have a person in the know going “well this debate is useless anyways!” when he’d just told us Beetlejuice isn’t in a soundstage. Why did you help the useless debate at that point then?

The thing is, people come to an assumption because while they may not be doing it in a quick, concise manner, they do decipher things. We get clues and we decipher them. I love clues, but getting clues is part of the issue in a way. Because then there’s a goal to strive for for the people who are bored suddenly.

COVID has really screwed the flux, because normally at this point we’d just have the one random person who’s doubting the rest of what we would know at this point, the yearly trend. But now there’s no know, so it’s this exchange of people who just want to know and people who seem to know but have their mouths stitched and cuffed for a while longer.

I don’t want to lock the thread as much as I’m sure anybody else dosent but it is a bit of a dilemma.

You don’t want to keep talking about COVID and ramifications in this thread, even I’m with that unless it’s absolutely a need at this point.

But then it gets to the location debate recently and it’s like “well we don’t want you guys assuming”. We have a person in the know going “well this debate is useless anyways!” when he’d just told us Beetlejuice isn’t in a soundstage. Why did you help the useless debate at that point then?

The thing is, people come to an assumption because while they may not be doing it in a quick, concise manner, they do decipher things. We get clues and we decipher them. I love clues, but getting clues is part of the issue in a way. Because then there’s a goal to strive for for the people who are bored suddenly.

COVID has really screwed the flux, because normally at this point we’d just have the one random person who’s doubting the rest of what we would know at this point, the yearly trend. But now there’s no know, so it’s this exchange of people who just want to know and people who seem to know but have their mouths stitched and cuffed for a while longer.

For me, it's a curse to know. Really. I want to just tell you guys already so we can start speculating about what's going IN the damn houses, rather than what the properties are. Also, I ONLY confirm, in a way, what others have already said and state excitement for what I've heard. But as far as the actual properties, I only say something if someone else (with knowledge) does first.

Status
Not open for further replies.