The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 369 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Beetlejuice!
Based on the fact that Beetlejuice was already on the map, whilst Silence wasn’t until the 2nd, I’m gonna assume there was already a Beetlejuice widely rumored by the time Legacy got that info.
Correct. We started hearing Beetlejuice for this year last September (which is why I threw together my Beetlejuice house concept when I did... I wanted to get it out there before they set the precedent).

Gremlins also checked the boxes, but there were rumblings around that IP before I got the clues, and it felt like it was something different from what was already getting discussed.

Correct. We started hearing Beetlejuice for this year last September (which is why I threw together my Beetlejuice house concept when I did... I wanted to get it out there before they set the precedent).

Gremlins also checked the boxes, but there were rumblings around that IP before I got the clues, and it felt like it was something different from what was already getting discussed.
Just about the Beetlejuice house concept, I really like it. However, some parts of it dont seem realistic in execution to me. @Legacy how closely do you think the inside of the actual Beetlejuice house will compare to your concept?

It was brought up earlier that COVID would potentially have more repercussions on IPs than anything since certain holders may not want to risk it for the biscuit this year.

EDIT: Welp, never mind!
Don’t never mind. It could still be the case.

Though I don’t yet know “Hill House” personally, (need to get on it), from the way it’s been described, the scares seem very much like they could be achieved with the scrim walls A&D has been so fond of using effectively recently (the apparition is there and then it isn’t, very much like the paranormal LT house from several years back. Was this ghost here a few moments ago in the corner?! Etc.). That seems like a “safe” way to do the house for the actors as well as being true to the storyline (once again, I am not yet familiar with the content overall.) However, the main problem to me is Netflix. I don’t know if they have begun to work on productions again, but if not, they may have a company-wide work-from-home policy that may tangle with the IP. Worse yet (for HHN), the problem may be with simply the fact that Netflix wouldn’t want their name to be in a news story that proclaims: “SUPER-SPREADING HALLOWEEN EVENT CAUSES UPTICK IN VIRUS NUMBERS - SPONSORED BY NETFLIX.” I imagine Hill House, like Beetlejuice, is probably one of the easier properties to do with distancing, but if Netflix has thoughts like this it frankly doesn’t matter.

Is TCM tied to any major production companies? I just did a quick search and can’t find anything. Though maybe it’s “Legendary”? I can’t remember. Anywho, I feel like perhaps the parent company here has less to lose. But when I did the TCM house in 26 (my first house ever) I found that SIF was one of the key staples of the house. If they decide to re-create the house whole-cloth as an “Anniversary Gift” or whatever they did with AWIL, I think a lot of bite will have been gone from it. Then again, I think the house focused a little less on victim scenes, and this year would be the ideal time to have timed victim scenes throughout a house instead of a reliance on jumpscares. What I would give to see Sally jump through the window again, though, made me go “OH MY GOD” out loud and absolutely was the moment that solidified Horror Nights as a highlight of my year.

Just about the Beetlejuice house concept, I really like it. However, some parts of it dont seem realistic in execution to me. @Legacy how closely do you think the inside of the actual Beetlejuice house will compare to your concept?
I don’t know a whole lot about their take, I’ve just heard about a couple of scares. One scare mimics one of mine. but in a different spot in the house). Another scare ISN’T in mine at all. If I had rewatched the movie prior to throwing my concept together, it likely would have been. But I was building my version from memory. It’s a good memory, but memory nonetheless. As a result, specific moments are lost in mine that will be present in the actual house.

Also, my take was closer to the “book report” version that Ghostbusters attempted. It was “told” more from the Maitlands perspective and, as a result, was fairly passive with a number of distraction scares. The vibe I’m getting from A&D’s version is they‘re attempting to make it more “active” in the scare department.

So I’m not sure if this is the place to post it but I have a idea on how a billie house could potentially be (even tho we have no idea if it’s coming this year) and was wondering is this where I would post that or on the wishlist page?

I didn’t see that he wouldn’t comment on the version. The original was so long ago that I don’t think people will mind another original, but it is as likely that we could get 2 or the reboot. I don’t know what to think about the Rob Zombie reboot, so no comment on that.
Edit: I’m stupid. Rob Zombie didn’t direct the TCM reboot, that was Halloween. Still feel the same way about the TCM reboot.

I’ve never seen Silence. What parts of it would be too controversial for the event?

the texas chainsaw 3D only had a couple of iconic scenes, or memorable characters, so a house based on that would be kind of genetic. ( the best part of that movie was the beginning) maybe the house will be based on it but the movie wasn't too memorable.
at least the 2000s remake had a ton of iconic locations and characters.the sheriff was pretty iconic and terrifying, the sets for the movie were very iconic (like the slaughterhouse ) and HHN did it in 2007 so it would be a return to a past house and they would already have a lot to bring back.
who knows what Texas chainsaw it is being used but i Hope it would be texas part 2 or the 2000s remake. just because they have the most interesting characters an locations
I know some people dislike the 2000s remake but that movie had so many iconic moments. the sheets scene was really really scary, and when they did the house in 2007, the Sheets hanging at the exit of the house were terrifying lol. they had a leatherface actor hiding at the exit and he would chase you, but the sheets didn't let you see where he was. i would want HHN to repeat that. (and like i said, the sheriff was very iconic in the house as well as the movie)

as for silence of the lambs. maybe HHN brings it to hhn, but i could not imagine uni bringing the Buffalo bill stuff without getting in trouble. Even when the movie itself came out in the 90s it had huge backlash and protests for the controversy. there were protests outside of the theaters. you could search more on the controversy on youtube. the cast and crew have talked about it, i think it was part of the behind the scenes feature for the making of the movie. i remember watching the producers and crew talking about it, i think it was on the DVD special features.

Reactions: londonwerecat
My complaint with 3D was how lame leather face looked in a red shirt

plus the actor was small, and thin, plument s some deaths had nothing to do with leatherface, kinda weird how people were killed by others,
but besides the bad plot, there are only a handful of good scenes to use as iconic rooms, the horse stable, leatherface's house, fair, car wreckage, forest, the best moment was leatherface in the fair chasing SAW's pig man away :lol::lol:

Putting this behind a cut because it’s a lot...

While it seems like I missed the airing out of grievances party, as someone who’s been pretty opinionated on here (and, in general), I’m sorry in advance but I really need to get this off my chest.

I consider myself a Billie Eilish fan. Love her music, own her merch, I’ve even had a couple userpics of her in the past. I was genuinely excited for her possible inclusion in the event. I thought to myself “what a unique, different, interesting addition, can’t wait to see what they do!”...I now don’t want to see her at HHN at all.

I went from possibly having something I was really happy about happening to something I was actually dreading, due to the upset in this thread. I just don’t wanna see how much worse things will get if she’s included.

I completely agree with not being a fan of someone. I was vocal about my dislike of Rob Zombie, I disagree with his choices for his haunts and I could not get into House of 1,000 Corpses no matter how many times I watched it. But I didn’t say he didn’t belong. I didn’t imply A&D may not do their job adequately with his inclusion.

I never want to bring my gender into anything but, after this year, I can’t say it doesn’t matter on this forum anymore. I understand being a woman means I’m in the minority here. Due to the language used by some members, and a mod, it’s the reason why I try to steer clear of HNN now. I genuinely had no idea of the racism in The Purge, I don’t recall anybody speaking up about it once. Even The Invisible Man, it seems there could be more people that want it at HHN even knowing full well what it would represent.

But a teenage girl pop artist’s inclusion? It’s hard not to wonder if my gender doesn’t matter on a faceless forum anymore when some people can get so upset about Billie Eilish-but not about other things. Things that are much, much worse.

I’ve been attending HHN since 26 and every year I’ve gone I still haven’t been in every house they offer. Whether it’s for physical reasons (can’t see) or it’s simply for lack of interest (TWD, Blumhouse). I don’t think that’ll change this year either. Do I feel like I missed something spectacular? To me, no, because they weren’t for me and that’s ok. Does it make me less of a fan of HHN? Does it make my experience less impactful than someone else’s? I don’t think so, because I still had a great time anyway. Not everything in life is for me, after this season I’ve even considered whether all of this is for me, and even though that disappoints me-there’s nothing wrong with it.

I can’t recommend enough considering how you spend your time at HHN in the future. Consider if something is for you or not. If you don’t have any interest in something that’s totally fine. Maybe instead of saying that it doesn’t belong because of your personal distaste for it, you’ll concentrate more on the things you do like. What you want to see, what you want to experience. Instead of bringing A&D and whether they possibly can or cannot do their job to the best of their abilities into it, you’ll consider concentrating more on the things you personally feel more confidence in.

I know I’m far from innocent and I’m sure I’ve made more enemies than friends. I’ve never had to use the “ignore” button so much (and I’m sure I’m being ignored by many users here too, it’s ok, I don’t blame you) to the point where I can barely follow the conversation at all. I don’t wanna do that anymore.

I will be watching what I say, how I come across, and how I wanna voice my opinions here from now on and I hope that we’ll all try to do the same. If I’m wrong about any of the above statements, my inbox is open and I’m listening.

You can go and post it here.
Ok so basically what I was thinking it would be a IP/ Original house I would call it “when we all fall asleep where do we go?” And I would have the first room be billie bed room and she’s laying there asleep and you hear “when we all fall asleep where do we go?” And then you will enter her dreams/nightmares and this is where we could have rooms based around her journal drawings the original part of the house. Then it could transitions into her music videos (“hostage”, “bury a friend”, “all good girls go to hell”) and the house would end where it began in the bedroom hearing “when we all fall asleep where do we go?” Except now billie is possessed after “waking up” and she looks love the cover of the album.

So I’m not sure if this is the place to post it but I have a idea on how a billie house could potentially be (even tho we have no idea if it’s coming this year) and was wondering is this where I would post that or on the wishlist page?
The direction I speculate they could go, would be to walk through the mind of Billie Eilish. Arguably, I think that's the most interesting part of this particular 18 year old. I could see her journal "coming to life" and we walk through the pages and the concepts that got her to ultimately write a particular song. I also find it fascinating that she uses and records sounds from her life and places them as beats and moments in her songs. There could be anything from her in those black tar filled wings, to her in the dentist office getting her invisalign removed from her teeth. I could also see her having some input on the music where either HHN asks her or asks her permission to remake/remix/slow down some of her songs to create a more haunting atmosphere. In my opinion, a visceral view of how she sees life is far more interesting than walking through her music videos.

Putting this behind a cut because it’s a lot...

While it seems like I missed the airing out of grievances party, as someone who’s been pretty opinionated on here (and, in general), I’m sorry in advance but I really need to get this off my chest.

I consider myself a Billie Eilish fan. Love her music, own her merch, I’ve even had a couple userpics of her in the past. I was genuinely excited for her possible inclusion in the event. I thought to myself “what a unique, different, interesting addition, can’t wait to see what they do!”...I now don’t want to see her at HHN at all.

I went from possibly having something I was really happy about happening to something I was actually dreading, due to the upset in this thread. I just don’t wanna see how much worse things will get if she’s included.

I completely agree with not being a fan of someone. I was vocal about my dislike of Rob Zombie, I disagree with his choices for his haunts and I could not get into House of 1,000 Corpses no matter how many times I watched it. But I didn’t say he didn’t belong. I didn’t imply A&D may not do their job adequately with his inclusion.

I never want to bring my gender into anything but, after this year, I can’t say it doesn’t matter on this forum anymore. I understand being a woman means I’m in the minority here. Due to the language used by some members, and a mod, it’s the reason why I try to steer clear of HNN now. I genuinely had no idea of the racism in The Purge, I don’t recall anybody speaking up about it once. Even The Invisible Man, it seems there could be more people that want it at HHN even knowing full well what it would represent.

But a teenage girl pop artist’s inclusion? It’s hard not to wonder if my gender doesn’t matter on a faceless forum anymore when some people can get so upset about Billie Eilish-but not about other things. Things that are much, much worse.

I’ve been attending HHN since 26 and every year I’ve gone I still haven’t been in every house they offer. Whether it’s for physical reasons (can’t see) or it’s simply for lack of interest (TWD, Blumhouse). I don’t think that’ll change this year either. Do I feel like I missed something spectacular? To me, no, because they weren’t for me and that’s ok. Does it make me less of a fan of HHN? Does it make my experience less impactful than someone else’s? I don’t think so, because I still had a great time anyway. Not everything in life is for me, after this season I’ve even considered whether all of this is for me, and even though that disappoints me-there’s nothing wrong with it.

I can’t recommend enough considering how you spend your time at HHN in the future. Consider if something is for you or not. If you don’t have any interest in something that’s totally fine. Maybe instead of saying that it doesn’t belong because of your personal distaste for it, you’ll concentrate more on the things you do like. What you want to see, what you want to experience. Instead of bringing A&D and whether they possibly can or cannot do their job to the best of their abilities into it, you’ll consider concentrating more on the things you personally feel more confidence in.

I know I’m far from innocent and I’m sure I’ve made more enemies than friends. I’ve never had to use the “ignore” button so much (and I’m sure I’m being ignored by many users here too, it’s ok, I don’t blame you) to the point where I can barely follow the conversation at all. I don’t wanna do that anymore.

I will be watching what I say, how I come across, and how I wanna voice my opinions here from now on and I hope that we’ll all try to do the same. If I’m wrong about any of the above statements, my inbox is open and I’m listening.

Thank you for sharing. Folks...THIS is why gate-keeping is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.