The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to speculate, I think we’re getting a sequel to TCM much like Blood Brothers in Hollywood. Probably an original adaption TCM2

The direction I speculate they could go, would be to walk through the mind of Billie Eilish. Arguably, I think that's the most interesting part of this particular 18 year old. I could see her journal "coming to life" and we walk through the pages and the concepts that got her to ultimately write a particular song. I also find it fascinating that she uses and records sounds from her life and places them as beats and moments in her songs. There could be anything from her in those black tar filled wings, to her in the dentist office getting her invisalign removed from her teeth. I could also see her having some input on the music where either HHN asks her or asks her permission to remake/remix/slow down some of her songs to create a more haunting atmosphere. In my opinion, a visceral view of how she sees life is far more interesting than walking through her music videos.
I thought a combination of the two could be extremely unique! This certainly is one of the ones that has me most curious

I don’t know a whole lot about their take, I’ve just heard about a couple of scares. One scare mimics one of mine. but in a different spot in the house). Another scare ISN’T in mine at all. If I had rewatched the movie prior to throwing my concept together, it likely would have been. But I was building my version from memory. It’s a good memory, but memory nonetheless. As a result, specific moments are lost in mine that will be present in the actual house.

Also, my take was closer to the “book report” version that Ghostbusters attempted. It was “told” more from the Maitlands perspective and, as a result, was fairly passive with a number of distraction scares. The vibe I’m getting from A&D’s version is they‘re attempting to make it more “active” in the scare department.
I would love to review your house layout. Where could I find it?

Also this is just a general reminder to everyone. Please watch or become familiar with the source material of what is speculated. I am currently watching through Hill House. It helps you make a more educated guess.

I would love to review your house layout. Where could I find it?

Also this is just a general reminder to everyone. Please watch or become familiar with the source material of what is speculated. I am currently watching through Hill House. It helps you make a more educated guess.
There’s a thread on it in the HHN General Discussion forum (same place as the wish list).

Any speculation on an overall theme starting to look likely or...? Sorry not here as much as I’d like right now Covid land has me working 6 days a week.

Since Billie ellish is most likely coming to the event how involved is she going to be .like if they have a lagoon show is she going to be running it? Or in the hhn store is she going to get her own room?

Since Billie ellish is most likely coming to the event how involved is she going to be .like if they have a lagoon show is she going to be running it? Or in the hhn store is she going to get her own room?
I mean if anything, I could see the rooms maybe being for Beetlejuice, Universal Monsters again and maybe one for Hill House

Also seeing how Universal is going retro with much for the 30th anniversary merch at the park, it makes sense why they would go retro for this year's event as well.

Reactions: londonwerecat
yeah its probably just gonna be generic 80s again.

:music:more synthwave in the park oh yeah :music:

tenor.gif

I mean with the properties they have this year too it could sorta work, I mean maybe with Eillish I haven't listened to a lot of her music but I'm sure it definitely fits the tone, Beetlejuice and Monsters are no brainers because they would work well and of course, I could see them bringing back the Synth style music into the park in some way. It would still be cool especially with how things are now, I'm just glad the event is still happening no matter what they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.