Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The price of ROF is such a steal, which I’m sure made sense years ago when September wasn’t nearly as busy, but you hardly hear of “dead nights” anymore.

Food for thought:

RoF: $129.99
One Night: $79.99
Visits to break even: 1.62

2-Park Seasonal AP: $424.99
1-Day P2P ticket: $164.99
Visits to break even: 2.59

If Universal wanted to align their most restrictive HHN multi night ticket with their most restrictive “AP”, the price point should be around $213, which is basically the price of FF+ at the moment.

Not saying I want to pay an extra $100 next year for my Rush of Fear ticket, but they’re giving away the gate big time on that pass at the moment, and I think a lot of guests have caught on. Do HHN in September, hit other activities in October after the pass runs out.

The price of ROF is such a steal, which I’m sure made sense years ago when September wasn’t nearly as busy, but you hardly hear of “dead nights” anymore.

Food for thought:

RoF: $129.99
One Night: $79.99
Visits to break even: 1.62

2-Park Seasonal AP: $424.99
1-Day P2P ticket: $164.99
Visits to break even: 2.59

If Universal wanted to align their most restrictive HHN multi night ticket with their most restrictive “AP”, the price point should be around $213, which is basically the price of FF+ at the moment.

Not saying I want to pay an extra $100 next year for my Rush of Fear ticket, but they’re giving away the gate big time on that pass at the moment, and I think a lot of guests have caught on. Do HHN in September, hit other activities in October after the pass runs out.
Yeah, just for example, my sister goes with some friends in high school and since October is so stupidly busy, it's better to just get RoF and go in September anyway. But what's more is that for a high school student, it takes less than one weeks pay at McDonalds to buy this pass and like you said, you don't even have to go a lot to make it worth it. As long as you go at least twice, you've gotten your money worth.

On top of that, sure they have to pay for parking when they go, but they all pack in the same car and split the price of parking so if there's 5 of them, it's only around $5.50 each for parking. Parking is already insanely expensive so i'm not advocating that go up, but i'm just pointing out that overall, that pass is a great deal.

By raising the price, you might weed out the people that are just using it as a cheap way in for a few nights and don't spend much while they are at the event, too.

Guest Assistance, almost certainly. Customer Service cracked down on this abuse hard maybe 5 or 6 years ago (it was to a point where every TM, friend of a TM, and casual acquaintance of a TM knew to get one--you'd have thought IBS was endemic in Orlando), but they appear to have let up again.

I worded that poorly -- meant more like the cards that Disney would hand out to time the queues -- UNI was using a paper receipt looking thing w/ the time on it and the guest would turn it in when they get to the house -- I hadn't seen that before so I figured it could be they are trying to figure the waits (I assume they always did in this way) -- folks in front of me had one, when they turned it in, the dude had a pretty big stack of them.

I have no issue w/ GA -- those folks do wait the length of time + the time it takes to go through the line (save in Bugs where the poor time estimates help folks using an assistance card

With a potential hurricane right around the corner - how much rain is typically needed for them to cancel the event? I know if there’s a warning itll be cancelled, but let’s say it heads north and we get the remnants. Any firsthand experiences from previous storms? My buddy and I are planning on going Thursday and Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norman Bates
- Individual house express pass? (think Lighting Lane..$30 to skip the queue for just Halloween one time)

this is the most interesting thing i ever heard, it would be incredible to see what would happen that would definitely put a spin on things.
you would get a long line just to buy the express for that one house lol.

this is the most interesting thing i ever heard, it would be incredible to see what would happen that would definitely put a spin on things.
you would get a long line just to buy the express for that one house lol.
Oh yeah. It absolutely creates a whole set of additional problems to be solved, but hey, if it’s an extra stream of revenue, they’d find a way to make it work haha.

Reactions: SeventyOne
With a potential hurricane right around the corner - how much rain is typically needed for them to cancel the event? I know if there’s a warning itll be cancelled, but let’s say it heads north and we get the remnants. Any firsthand experiences from previous storms? My buddy and I are planning on going Thursday and Friday.

Universal will make a call closer to the day-of, and looking at the cone it will probably come Wednesday or Thursday. Universal makes any closing or cancelling decisions once a Hurricane Warning is issued for the county.

I have passes for this weekend, Friday HHN and Sunday Behind the Screams. But all the data available I'm hoping we should be ok, I don't mind a little wind and rain.

we’re here till Saturday and have tickets for HHN on Thursday. Looks like we’ll be dealing with big rains.
should we consider getting tickets for Friday instead?

I wouldn't count on Friday happening either-- there may be cleanup to do as well as resetting outdoor props which might not happen right away. Too soon to know for sure...

that’s a great point that I never thought about!
Thanks! I’ll keep an eye on things and roll the dice, wish me luck

I wouldn't count on Friday happening either-- there may be cleanup to do as well as resetting outdoor props which might not happen right away. Too soon to know for sure...
Oh if cleanup is the issue they will bring in as many team members as possible to get that done. Possibly not open for day guests and open for HHN. The only thing that would really cause HHN to not happen Friday in my mind is if there's real damage in my mind that needs to be dealt with. If it's just a ton of brush, they will have VB closed and bring in all of those TM's over to USF and IOA to help with a cleanup effort to get the park looking as good as possible for HHN. They've done this before to open and they'll do it again.

I think HHN open on Friday, but streets not fully reset. HHN, & daytime ops closed on Weds/Thurs. Park reopens Friday, not sure about VB, that's a gamble. It really depends on projections.

I think HHN open on Friday, but streets not fully reset. HHN, & daytime ops closed on Weds/Thurs. Park reopens Friday, not sure about VB, that's a gamble. It really depends on projections.
No reason for VB to reopen on Friday. This is the beginning the slow time of year for VB anyway and if a lot of cleanup is needed, relocating those TMs to CW, USF, and IOA makes sense to expedite the cleanup process and it's something they've done in the past.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Oh if cleanup is the issue they will bring in as many team members as possible to get that done. Possibly not open for day guests and open for HHN. The only thing that would really cause HHN to not happen Friday in my mind is if there's real damage in my mind that needs to be dealt with. If it's just a ton of brush, they will have VB closed and bring in all of those TM's over to USF and IOA to help with a cleanup effort to get the park looking as good as possible for HHN. They've done this before to open and they'll do it again.

Depends how badly this hits. Things like curfews may still be in effect Friday evening, particularly if much of the area is without power, has debris in the roads, etc. I'm sure they are desperate to at least salvage Friday HHN, but may not be in the cards.

If they do reopen, I wonder if they open up Friday to FFP guests, as a "make good" for Wed/Thur and to compensate for the out-of-towners who evacuated.