Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curse of Chucky, Cult of Chucky, and S1 of Chucky has so much potential for a house it's not even a joke.

I'd even ask, could they actually pull a Cryptkeeper/Jigsaw (points if you get what I mean), and have Chucky as the icon for Orlando, Hollywood, and Singapore. This feels like a perfect storm of potential; and it sells *a lot* financially. Plus it's not only a household name for Universal; but a character that feels like it could be incredibly well integrated within HHN.
I would love this!
Do you think they would consider bringing back his insult emporium? Never got to see that show or they small thing they did with his scare zone in 29. They could easily put it in horror makeup or Bourne and would help since Fear Factor will be gone.

But I’m afraid this idea will continue to invite people to dress up their kids like chucky at the event. Saw a ton whenever I visited and some of those gremlins looked convincing.

Curse of Chucky, Cult of Chucky, and S1 of Chucky has so much potential for a house it's not even a joke.

I'd even ask, could they actually pull a Cryptkeeper/Jigsaw (points if you get what I mean), and have Chucky as the icon for Orlando, Hollywood, and Singapore. This feels like a perfect storm of potential; and it sells *a lot* financially. Plus it's not only a household name for Universal; but a character that feels like it could be incredibly well integrated within HHN.

Don’t you mean Japan tho. I’m sure Singapore still only goes towards original content.

Don’t you mean Japan tho. I’m sure Singapore still only goes towards original content.

Singapore has actively used IP's in the past.

Stranger Things and Monsters, the latter as of this year with the small pop up event, has been at the Singapore event. And while ST has only gone to bat once, they are wanting to work with IP.

Haven't been on here in a long while, but I just came here to say... CHUCKY FOR HHN31! I don't care if he has his own house, or is an Icon. It's about time Chucky makes his grand return to HHN after being absent (maze wise) since Friends Til The End in 09'.

I just don’t get the appeal for Chucky at all and find it funny he “moves merch” when he’s always featured on the merch (a very cool HHNH hat design ruined this year by his presence). Yeah, duh, of course it moves - there’s no other choice!

Were the houses any good last time they did them?

I just don’t get the appeal for Chucky at all and find it funny he “moves merch” when he’s always featured on the merch (a very cool HHNH hat design ruined this year by his presence). Yeah, duh, of course it moves - there’s no other choice!

He's always featured on the merch because he moves the merch. :lol: Plus, he's a hassle-free IP to include.

He's always featured on the merch because he moves the merch. :lol: Plus, he's a hassle-free IP to include.

I never saw the Chucky movies but about the appeal 1.) some dolls are just terrifying. 2.) From what I’ve heard; sequels portray him as a “dark jester” similar to popular characters like Freddy Krueger and Joker.

But there’s literally no other choice sometimes! HHNH had an awesome hat this year, but Chucky was on it. Sold out after the first few weeks. How can you prove he’s the reason that merch moves when it’s the only option for a hat at the event. Similarly, Jack was on Orlando’s, which may have been a bigger factor than Chucky.

But there’s literally no other choice sometimes! HHNH had an awesome hat this year, but Chucky was on it. Sold out after the first few weeks. How can you prove he’s the reason that merch moves when it’s the only option for a hat at the event. Similarly, Jack was on Orlando’s, which may have been a bigger factor than Chucky.

There have been choices in years past though. It's because his solo stuff does well that they include him on the cross-promotional stuff.

There was plenty of solo merch for Chucky that was selling like crazy both in and out of the park. If you didn’t see like 4-8 people per night wearing Good Guy doll shirts, then I’m not sure we attended the same event… :lol:

I thought it was kind of interesting you mentioned Elm Street in a previous “big IP” post, Legacy. I remember a team member told me in 2019 that at least one person in creative was really interested in bringing that property back for a new house. I’d have to think that desire is still there and maybe year 31 is a perfect time to dig back in that well if they can.

I thought it was kind of interesting you mentioned Elm Street in a previous “big IP” post, Legacy. I remember a team member told me in 2019 that at least one person in creative was really interested in bringing that property back for a new house. I’d have to think that desire is still there and maybe year 31 is a perfect time to dig back in that well if they can.
Nothing subliminal in mentioning Elm Street. It’s just, objectively, something that would headline over Stranger Things if Universal got it again.

My comment about Child’s Play “headlining” over Stranger Things WAS subliminal.

You forgot USJ loves Chucky so much they had a house for three years.

There was plenty of solo merch for Chucky that was selling like crazy both in and out of the park. If you didn’t see like 4-8 people per night wearing Good Guy doll shirts, then I’m not sure we attended the same event…

I honestly don’t remember seeing anyone wearing those shirts. Only thing I saw was someone cos-playing a Chucky outfit at HHNH. Saw that a ton with other IPS too in Orlando and Hollywood.

Just saying right now, if they did a new house based on Curse, Cult, and the show...
  1. Holy crap that could make for an amazing house.
  2. I'd be curious to see if it goes in Sprung Tent 1, it's where the 2009 house was (although I'm not sure which Chucky content that house was based on).

Even tho the show is a continuation of curse and cult I feel the house would work just as well just being season 1. I think the thing about people hating chucky on merch this year is because he wasn’t in any house or zone or anything. That merch still sold because everybody knows chucky. On the final night i cant even begin to count how many chucky costumes or outfits I saw so Chucky as a potential icon could be huge.

Even tho the show is a continuation of curse and cult I feel the house would work just as well just being season 1. I think the thing about people hating chucky on merch this year is because he wasn’t in any house or zone or anything. That merch still sold because everybody knows chucky. On the final night i cant even begin to count how many chucky costumes or outfits I saw so Chucky as a potential icon could be huge.
If Chucky were to be an icon, this would be the year if we are still assuming that 31 is gonna be a weird experimental year.

[*]I'd be curious to see if it goes in Sprung Tent 1, it's where the 2009 house was (although I'm not sure which Chucky content that house was based on).
[/LIST]
It was an IP Original with small elements from the franchise (Such as the Famous Voodoo Chant, Good Guys Doll Factory from Child's Play 2, Tiffany from Bride of Chucky).

Majority of it was Original with elements then being reused for the 2018 Revenge of Chucky Scare Zone (Monkeys in a Barrel, Teddy Bears, Green Army Men)

Just saying right now, if they did a new house based on Curse, Cult, and the show...
  1. Holy crap that could make for an amazing house.
  2. I'd be curious to see if it goes in Sprung Tent 1, it's where the 2009 house was (although I'm not sure which Chucky content that house was based on).
Honestly after that finale I think the entire show has way to much content to just fit in a sprung tent, if chucky becomes icon I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the big IP soundstage house of the year

Universal has realized the people want Chucky and that the fans what icons/uniform themes. So, for 31, the entire theme is Chucky. Each Child’s play movie and both seasons get a house. All the zones are Chucky leading various toy hordes. The show is a hip-hop, comedy show (reminiscent of The Apollo) called “Chucky’s Un-Rapping.”The 10th house is Stranger Things.

Universal has realized the people want Chucky and that the fans what icons/uniform themes. So, for 31, the entire theme is Chucky. Each Child’s play movie and both seasons get a house. All the zones are Chucky leading various toy hordes. The show is a hip-hop, comedy show (reminiscent of The Apollo) called “Chucky’s Un-Rapping.”The 10th house is Stranger Things.
This sounds awful for Orlando, excellent for Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.