Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an IP Original with small elements from the franchise (Such as the Famous Voodoo Chant, Good Guys Doll Factory from Child's Play 2, Tiffany from Bride of Chucky).

Majority of it was Original with elements then being reused for the 2018 Revenge of Chucky Scare Zone (Monkeys in a Barrel, Teddy Bears, Green Army Men)

Important to remember that Universal does not own the first Child's Play - just the sequels and spin-offs. MGM still controls the first film, which is how they were able to do the reboot no one asked for. That is the main reason why a majority of the 2009 Chucky maze focused on original elements + bits and pieces from Part 2 and Bride. (The conceit also helped justify Chucky's size.)

The house being made of props and curtains--basically, you can see different scenes from other scenes. What Carnival Graveyard tried to do but, well...didn't. That house was #1 on almost everyone's hype list but tellingly was almost completely forgotten after the event--in other words, a monumental disappointment. So I'd like to see them take another stab at it. It could be an abandoned toy store with shelves forming the guest path and letting them see elsewhere.

Off topic I think Fear Street is still coming to the event next year I don’t know but I have a gut feeling it is since it’s popularity in July the hype dyed down in August but I’m positive it’s still coming I just have that feeling.

Just to add some more Chucky fuel to the already raging rumor fire...

It looks like they just got a new "Good Guys" wallet that they're selling in the Bourne store. I suppose that there's an outside chance that this is merch that was meant for #HHN30, but got severely delayed.

My gut feeling right now is that they double dip on Netflix. I think it's a bit hard for me to imagine them leaving the potential Stranger Things revenue off the table, so I have a feeling season 4 comes as a house. But, I would not be shocked to see Fear Street as a zone. Could see it as a house as well, but I think it's an IP that would translate pretty well in to a zone

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I'd be down for A&D giving a Gremlins maze the NBC(no pun intended) treatment, by leaving it themed, from HHN through the end of the Holidays run like Disneyland does for Haunted Mansion.
Just watched Gremlins in 4DX and thought literally the exact same thing. Obviously no reason for them to do it especially if we’re already getting an ankle-biter, puppet-type house with Chucky (assuming that rumor pans out) but leaving a Gremlins house in that Shrek flex-space until the holidays is a no-brainer lol

Not for me. This was the highlight of my trip this year and I hope they bring this attraction back!

I’ll never understand what people saw in this zone. Every time I walked through it was like a bad stand up act: “What’s your name?!…Who you here with?!…Oh, yeah? What’s HER name?…Get outta here before I stab ya both!”

Reactions: hunnylvr
I’ll never understand what people saw in this zone. Every time I walked through it was like a bad stand up act: “What’s your name?!…Who you here with?!…Oh, yeah? What’s HER name?…Get outta here before I stab ya both!”
I highly doubt any themed park worth two cents would allow a comic to have free reign or actually be funny in this day of age. Unless we can get jimmy from the post COVID south park special, he’d make it work.

Reactions: Freak
I highly doubt any themed park worth two cents would allow a comic to have free reign or actually be funny in this day of age. Unless we can get jimmy from the post COVID south park special, he’d make it work.

I disagree.Chucky is a serial killer with witty roasts and one liners. People know what they are getting into more so with Chucky compared to a stand up special on Netflix.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I'm sorry

You're sorry I had a great time? Lol ok.

Haha yeah he did get redundant but then again you cannot expect him to have brand new material with every encounter. That would be impossible. I guess you could argue the material was not up to your standards but I honestly cannot imagine anything more entertaining to talk about at the top of my head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.