Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Overall theme = 'Halloween Party' with costumes allowed?

31st edition + so many costumes last year + would be meta

Some would say that HHN itself is basically that every year.

Very intriguing spec season so far. Very quiet, but all the more interesting with that in mind. I’m not even going to tackle any of the “clues”. I’m just gonna settle in and watch.

Your right about 2021 being a unique situation, but opening a house with 3 actors is ridiculous. If you can't open a house with the majority of actors in place, at least give people a warning or direct them to another house.
If a house will be opening before the traditional call time (which sometimes happens with Stay and Scream), then there will only be volunteers who can show up early in the house. A similar situation can occur at the end of the night.

Then there are the unfortunate situations where a guest terrorizes a whole house, so most of the cast ends up waiting at the exit to point them out to security.

Basically, light runs happen. They’re not really Universal’s fault.

Compare this to same time last year when we knew literally 97% of the event already, I say let's enjoy the mystery.

It’s a much-needed refresher after knowing everything but 1 replacement house and the zones for over a full year basically.

Here's something I've brought up before but haven't gotten a straight answer on; how do Warner Bros properties like Nightmare on Elm Street, The Conjuring, or IT (treated as no-go's for HHN speculation) differ from WB properties like Beetlejuice or Scooby Doo? Is it just that the latter two already have a foot in the door with Universal Parks Entertainment or is there something else?

We need a new post at least every other page to remind everyone that FNaF and Squid Games are not happening this year.
I have short term memory lo... Wait, what if it's Squid Game???

Guys, it has to be scooby-doo. Fred will totally grow up to be a bear, in the scooby-doo universe, it's night 50% of the time, I'm alarmed by Scrappy-Doo most nights, and last time I checked, Velma has a nose (cannot confirm that for any of the other characters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ReelJustice
Here's something I've brought up before but haven't gotten a straight answer on; how do Warner Bros properties like Nightmare on Elm Street, The Conjuring, or IT (treated as no-go's for HHN speculation) differ from WB properties like Beetlejuice or Scooby Doo? Is it just that the latter two already have a foot in the door with Universal Parks Entertainment or is there something else?

I think the example can be seen when it comes down to USH, and what went down with the termination of contract for California to use Beetlejuice for the 2021 event.

Beetlejuice is in the park as it stands, but to do a maze based on Beetlejuice, would require a different level of scale than that of what is normally accomodated for the IP. And in so doing, new drafts are made, for the specific IP to be at that specific event (though, I wouldn't be shocked if I am completely off track).

Beetlejuice is still in Hollywood in M&G's if I recall, but due to the merchandise that was sold legitimately due to USH clearing warehouse, they violated the contract for HHN.

Reactions: Freak and MikePat
If a house will be opening before the traditional call time (which sometimes happens with Stay and Scream), then there will only be volunteers who can show up early in the house. A similar situation can occur at the end of the night.

Then there are the unfortunate situations where a guest terrorizes a whole house, so most of the cast ends up waiting at the exit to point them out to security.

Basically, light runs happen. They’re not really Universal’s fault.

If the house isn't ready to open, don't open it. I can ignore a few boo holes being empty, but when there's only 3 actors available, don't open it.

HHN would benefit from an operations overhaul.

Who said they’re off limits?

They *were* when WB was attempting to do their Horror Made Here event. WB was keeping their big IPs to themselves. However, since that event looks to be perpetually on-ice going forward, WB is fair game now.
If the house isn't ready to open, don't open it. I can ignore a few boo holes being empty, but when there's only 3 actors available, don't open it.

HHN would benefit from an operations overhaul.
Yeah… keeping a house closed is actually a bigger operational nightmare than bad show. All those people who would be going through the house have to go somewhere. It increases lines for other houses and crowds in the streets.

HHN operations can improve, but you don’t need to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Status
Not open for further replies.