Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a house will be opening before the traditional call time (which sometimes happens with Stay and Scream), then there will only be volunteers who can show up early in the house. A similar situation can occur at the end of the night.

Then there are the unfortunate situations where a guest terrorizes a whole house, so most of the cast ends up waiting at the exit to point them out to security.

Basically, light runs happen. They’re not really Universal’s fault.

Hearing about this stuff is pretty wild to me. In Hollywood, a supervisor walks the maze before guests are admitted. If there are too many holes, the maze doesn't open until the situation is resolved. Similarly, actors do not get to just leave at scheduled close - they're scheduled until 3 AM or so if it comes to that (it almost never does). Light runs still happen due to technical/costuming/staffing issues, but in terms of starting and ending the night with major gaps, it's solvable if Universal management wants it to be. In Orlando, it's clearly not a priority.

I find holes to just be a quirk of the Live Theatre aspect of the event. Some of my favorite house runs are the result of booholes that I had figured were fakeouts or hadn't even noticed suddenly having actors in them. It adds a flavor to those first few runs not knowing where exactly everyone will be at.

Of course, the majority of the house not being able to perform is another thing. But most times I've seen that happen from both a guest and scareactor perspective it was due to other circumstances (excessive rain, early StaynScream sets when not every actor might be finished with wardrobe, optional post-closing sets or added days).

So after doing some digging and thinking about the clues given. Could another All Nite Die-in be on the way? It was used in sweet 16 so great throw back and it was all slasher films that you would watch on Halloween

Reactions: Crowboy
Hearing about this stuff is pretty wild to me. In Hollywood, a supervisor walks the maze before guests are admitted. If there are too many holes, the maze doesn't open until the situation is resolved. Similarly, actors do not get to just leave at scheduled close - they're scheduled until 3 AM or so if it comes to that (it almost never does). Light runs still happen due to technical/costuming/staffing issues, but in terms of starting and ending the night with major gaps, it's solvable if Universal management wants it to be. In Orlando, it's clearly not a priority.
Throughput above all.

They’ve gotten a lot better, actually. But the standard for “show ready” rarely extends to the performers. For example, if there are a lot of call-outs, it can take a couple of hours for swings to get assigned/ready. They won’t hold the house opening for that.

Besides, we still cast by cattle call and don’t hold a scare school. That mediocrity is built into the event.

Sorry for the very cryptic post everyone, but there are two IPs I have a lot of reason to believe are coming due to some insider rumblings. I was never going to refer to them, but over the past week people have been speculating about them unintentionally. One has been referred to on the forums (not saying where), and the other has been speculated on another online platform due to some alarming evidence. Genuinely surprised the evidence hasn't been mentioned yet here. Going along with the insider information I have, I am really confident these two IPs will happen.

I grouped them together because of the very cryptic importance of "night." So take that line with what you will...

Do not worry, these are IPs deeply rooted in horror.

Ok, time to hibernate while speculation happens...

Gonna return to this very briefly: two spaghetti-at-the-wall guesses:

1. M. "Night" Shyamalan - obviously Split copyright is complicated but Visit, Old, and presumably Knock at the Cabin should be fair game for a compilation house. That, of course, depends on Shyamalan wanting to do it, though I remember a similar argument was used against Jordan Peele properties coming and US ended up making the cut.
2. Dark K"night" - No chance in Orlando given the Marvel contract, but I'm wondering if this is possible for Hollywood.

I have a feeling that once they reveal the houses I am going to look back this clue and still scratch my head at it. All I got is love death, 190 if the black and white circles mean to add and subtract, and then death devil.

I think I got an idea it could mean 10 houses that are split 5 IP and 5 original, then 7 scare zones with 4 original and 3 IP? Maybe? The 9 and the emojis are throwing me off

Last edited:
My guess is Fear Street. Heart of Gold is “the witch who we think is the bad guy” numbers are jumping through time because they are jumping around in time, devil is the true witch behind it all. The numbers are out of order and jumbled around, the show doesn’t appear in order.

My guess is Fear Street. Heart of Gold is “the witch who we think is the bad guy” numbers are jumping through time because they are jumping around in time, devil is the true witch behind it all. The numbers are out of order and jumbled around, the show doesn’t appear in order.
OH now I see it! I think you're right

I know I haven't posted a lot and I said that wouldn't be engaging in clues, but I don't think I've seen this bit on the thread:

Was browsing around and saw this guy teasing what "the Next Universal Monsters Maze" is. Any thoughts as to what he is hinting to? I'm aware that this is centered at Hollywood, but we did share Universal Monsters concepts last year so I think it's worth at least looking at.

Attachments

• D-pJ477Y.jpg
    D-pJ477Y.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 67
  • XIUoV9rb.jpg
    XIUoV9rb.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 8JrdIDat.jpg
    8JrdIDat.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 67
  • XcoSAGJq.jpg
    XcoSAGJq.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 65
My clues are typically for rumored houses.

Typically, though wasn't there exceptions at one point? Could be off kilter.

I'm in agreement with @thelondonwerecat that all of this clicks to Fear Street, but what makes me confused is the golden heart and the use of not a tradtiional goblin or devil, but a Japanese one. I'm probably reading too much into it, but hey, isn't that what the game does?

Reactions: londonwerecat
Status
Not open for further replies.