Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Stranger Things ever coming back to HHN?? I know something happened last year with Netflix and Universal but I wasn’t sure if it was an idea for this year or not. I mean season 4 just screams to be a HHN house
Temper expectations. Anything can happen.
If Universal is given the opportunity, they will chase it faster than Disney releases new spirit jerseys.
They had the opportunity last year and didn’t.

Is Stranger Things ever coming back to HHN?? I know something happened last year with Netflix and Universal but I wasn’t sure if it was an idea for this year or not. I mean season 4 just screams to be a HHN house
Nothing happened. They just didn’t use it. I don’t know where that narrative of issues came from.

I want a Barbie house based on the film. Just full fledged chaos.
Ban?

Last edited:
I know those who want to keep their sanity stay away from the Facebook HHN groups, but for those who missed it - There is a rumor by a mod being floated out that the budget for HHN is severely limited this year and there will be little to no IPs. I pointed out that in all of my experience individual projects have their own yearly budget accounted for and new park construction comes from a completely sperate bucket and would have no effect on HHN. I was told I was a fool so there you go everyone.

I know those who want to keep their sanity stay away from the Facebook HHN groups, but for those who missed it - There is a rumor by a mod being floated out that the budget for HHN is severely limited this year and there will be little to no IPs. I pointed out that in all of my experience individual projects have their own yearly budget accounted for and new park construction comes from a completely sperate bucket and would have no effect on HHN. I was told I was a fool so there you go everyone.

I mean, good for them?

Reactions: Darko and Coolbfitz
Yikes… yeah, that group is the dark, shadowy place. :lol:

Also, he’s wrong.

Lol

While the event has gotten increasingly popular without the need to have more than half the houses dedicated to IP, IP houses are still needed for marketing purposes if they want to show Comcast increased revenue year over year.

This will be fun. Please update in August.

Do we think they would ever do a best of year? They could do non I.P. HOTY’s every 10 years or so. Possibly have votes for fan favorites. I’d love to go through my favorites again or try ones I’ve missed. They could mix in a couple new ones as well and would be a great budget saver.

Reactions: Galactus
Do we think they would ever do a best of year? They could do non I.P. HOTY’s every 10 years or so. Possibly have votes for fan favorites. I’d love to go through my favorites again or try ones I’ve missed. They could mix in a couple new ones as well and would be a great budget saver.
Outside of the fan vote, which I don’t think they’d ever do - there have been several “Best of” years.

Isn't Sweet 16 considered a "best of" year?

yes, with the notation that the sweet 16 was ... 16 whole years ago. so, the question is less "can they do a best of" and more will they do another in the near future.

and given the current state of affairs, where big franchises are key to attracting guests, I'd say ... not bloody likely!
16, 20 (to an extent), 25, and 30 were all "Best of" Years. I think we can do without it for a little.

Isn't Sweet 16 considered a "best of" year?
I'd say Sweet 16 was the closest example of a "Best of" year, as every house was a sequel to a notable house done before at the event. Granted, to varying degrees of quality, but still.

I would say other anniversary years could fit the bill, but not quite since they usually only have a few sequel houses mixed in with a lot of new stuff.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Repeating houses (especially successful/HotY-caliber houses), runs the risk of diluting the prestige of nostalgia. Successful houses are successful because of numerous variables that can’t be controlled even before the house opens, let alone years afterwards.

If anything, Universal would be better served to revisit house concepts that weren’t well received (“Re-nightmared” instead of reimagined). Jungle of Doom, Spawning, Cold Blind Terror, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.