Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting tidbits from "IKnowMoreThanYou" on Reddit:

the originals are really intriguing and really unique - including a real-life legend, some deep-seeded HHN lore, a conceptual prophecy from a far away land, and some mythical/magical creatures never before seen at HHN in this manner

HHN lore sure seems to back up Dr. Oddfellow's carnival. Mythical creatures I assume dragons (really hoping for some Dueling Dragons Easter eggs). No idea on the other two, unless maybe devil emoji is The Jersey Devil? Just something new from a seemingly credible source.

Ooooh, that checks out for multiple things!

Deep-seeded HHN Lore - Dr. Oddfellow's Carnival

Mythical/Magical Creatures never before seen at HHN in this manner - The Medieval Dragon house

Real Life Legend - This sounds like the house @Legacy has hinted at, something akin to the Legend of Robert Johnson, a Blues Musician who carries a Legend that he sold his soul to the Devil (or by some accounts, Papa Legba), for the musical mastery which made him famous. And hence the Devil Emoji for the spec map.

As for a conceptual prophecy from a far away land, well that's the big question mark out of the originals.

Finally, with hints for four originals, it lends credence that this year is Six IP's, Divorced, Beheaded, Die--sorry, couldn't resist! Six IP's and Four Original houses.

Potentially bonkers theory but now that the Japanese Myth house is gone, this might explain the rumor (and maybe Demon Slayer being on the map)

Me and the Devil Blues (Japanese: 俺と悪魔のブルーズ, Hepburn: Ore to Akuma no Burūzu) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Akira Hiramoto about the blues legend Robert Johnson.

I would wager this lended itself to house design or maybe was a springboard for the idea itself. Now that may seem like a bit of a stretch, but there's not a lot of "Robert Johnson Horror" floating about aside from this.

Manga Inspiration + the Telephone Game =
Early Spec

So it was stated earlier by one of the insiders that two things were incorrect on the spec map. Demon slayer is the obviously first one, but the second doesn’t seem to have been discussed, so what do you guys think it may be? The only one that really comes to my mind is exorcist, due to its release date

Reactions: Ahmanet
Potentially bonkers theory but now that the Japanese Myth house is gone, this might explain the rumor (and maybe Demon Slayer being on the map)

Me and the Devil Blues (Japanese: 俺と悪魔のブルーズ, Hepburn: Ore to Akuma no Burūzu) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Akira Hiramoto about the blues legend Robert Johnson.

I would wager this lended itself to house design or maybe was a springboard for the idea itself. Now that may seem like a bit of a stretch, but there's not a lot of "Robert Johnson Horror" floating about aside from this.

Early Spec
I didn’t realize that the Japanese myth rumor was considered to be gone? Couldn’t that still potentially be what demon slayer is representing?

Reactions: Ringwraith

Early Spec
Why do we think the Japanese Myth house is gone? :eyes:

Early Spec
There’s a Ralph Macchio movie about the legend from the 80s. Most of the show directors and event writers are in their 40s so may already be familiar with the legend through that. A number are also fantastic musicians in their own right and may know it through that. There’s also the OTHER influence that’s been openly referenced-“The Devil Went Down to Georgia”-which is not exactly unknown. Considering how often Universal (especially Charles) finds horror in stories that are not explicitly horror, I don’t think they need someone else’s overt idea to turn a literal deal with the devil in horror because it actively involves the devil.

It’s just as likely Universal saw the speculation about Demon Slayer last year and when they decided to use IP as codenames, used Demon Slayer as well. Especially when they have Exorcist which is all about “slaying” demons.

So it was stated earlier by one of the insiders that two things were incorrect on the spec map. Demon slayer is the obviously first one, but the second doesn’t seem to have been discussed, so what do you guys think it may be? The only one that really comes to my mind is exorcist, due to its release date
IPs are set AFAIK:
Chucky
TLOU
ST4
Exorcist
Monsters.

There might be a chance Exorcist gets moved up. FNAF is set to release one week after Exorcist and I don't think Blumhouse would want those two movies so close to each other. FNAF would probably steal all the spotlight from Exorcist.

Blumhouse showed a trailer for Exorcist at CinemaCon, so that may lend credibility to it being pushed up.

There’s a Ralph Macchio movie about the legend from the 80s. Most of the show directors and event writers are in their 40s so may already be familiar with the legend through that. A number are also fantastic musicians in their own right and may know it through that. There’s also the OTHER influence that’s been openly referenced-“The Devil Went Down to Georgia”-which is not exactly unknown. Considering how often Universal (especially Charles) finds horror in stories that are not explicitly horror, I don’t think they need someone else’s overt idea to turn a literal deal with the devil in horror because it actively involves the devil.

It’s just as likely Universal saw the speculation about Demon Slayer last year and when they decided to use IP as codenames, used Demon Slayer as well. Especially when they have Exorcist which is all about “slaying” demons.
Crossroads is one of my favorites.

I did NOT know a number of event writers are musicians though, that's amazing. I have to say, this was already my most anticipated, but that makes it even more exciting.

I thought perhaps they got checky with a code name from one of many art references, considering how obscured things have been this year. At least I got the bonkers part right.

Based on what the rumored lineup is at this very moment, is it safe to assume Universal and Warner Bros had a falling out? Especially since we would get the Naughty Dog version of TLOU? Still to early to tell what the lineup will be until we get some more concrete construction happening which is crazy to think it really goes into full gear this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.