Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of is that they work really hard to get the pavement done for at least part of the area where no attraction is so it’s more space for guest.
They honestly don't need a ton of room for the two queues. There is quite a bit of post-house milling around done in the area that might get pushed nearer the food stands if they don't clear up more room.

This year should be interesting. Likely bigger crowds than even last year, and less room to work with. Hopefully they have some creative solutions.

Anyone know when “scream early” ticket usually is announced, and if there’s any chance that this year is the year they would NOT do it?

Our afternoon arrival timing works perfectly for a 5 day ticket for the week plus scream early for the 6th partial day that HHN night. But the “2 days plus 3 free” offer will expire soon I bet so we can’t just wait and see.

Without scream early I’d probably just buy the lowest annual pass so we could do stay and scream that first night.

Anyone know when “scream early” ticket usually is announced, and if there’s any chance that this year is the year they would NOT do it?

Our afternoon arrival timing works perfectly for a 5 day ticket for the week plus scream early for the 6th partial day that HHN night. But the “2 days plus 3 free” offer will expire soon I bet so we can’t just wait and see.

Without scream early I’d probably just buy the lowest annual pass so we could do stay and scream that first night.
I’m sure it will happen again this year as it still kinda new. They started selling just the scream early pass just a few years ago I believe. They usually come out with the multi day passes in August.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Just wanted to comment on some of the most recent discussion:

1. I also loved Ghostbusters. I realize it didn't provide huge scares, but as a HUGE fan of the movie (this is my actual childhood), I was blown away by its perfection in capturing the best parts of the movie. Absolutely stunning.
2. While I loved Dead Man's Pier because it was beautiful, I absolutely wanted Legends Collide to win HOTY. It was, hands down, some of the best scares I've gotten consistently since Scarecrow. The actors were aggressive, and when they wanted to come after you, they really got you. It was glorious! I literally cried on my last run through for that house.
3. I don't know why anyone would assume no lagoon show? I know there are some saying it won't happen, but, logically, if the rumors are true about what's coming, that lagoon show really could be as magical as the first one. You're all correct - the music for what are the current rumored houses would be epic in a lagoon show. Please, please, have a giant projection of Eddie jamming Master of Puppets and my life is complete.
4. I also, obviously, hope to see Stranger Things. Whoever said that the show spans generations is correct. As I've mentioned, I'm much older than most of you, and I adore that show. It's so well written, and last season was practically written to be an HHN house. I don't know how many times I made this comment while watching it: OMG, can you image this at HHN?? It would be more than a tribute to the show, it could actually have some great scares.
5. I agree that originals are usually way better than IPs. It's what I usually look forward to the most.

I could definitely be interesting. The same thing was said about The Weeknd and it ended up a great HHN house. Ghostbusters before that and StrTh before that. All then ended up great. Maybe not the scariest boy still great. DS would probably end up great too.

With that being said I still want it to be an original. I know nothing about DS and don’t plan to. Also originals are always way better then IPs IMO.
I’m for sure still holding out to see something animated adapted as a HHN house.

3. I don't know why anyone would assume no lagoon show? I know there are some saying it won't happen, but, logically, if the rumors are true about what's coming, that lagoon show really could be as magical as the first one. You're all correct - the music for what are the current rumored houses would be epic in a lagoon show. Please, please, have a giant projection of Eddie jamming Master of Puppets and my life is complete.
Bingo! This seems to be the closest they could possibly get to capturing the magic of MoM 2019.

Only problem with that is there is a permanent food stand right there.
They don't have to go that grandiose when it comes to the stage, as they did a tiny one of the hurricane version of AoV. They also have been setting up stages for Grad Bash while the food stand is there.
Blue Man theatre is Grinchmas so that cuts that one out of the picture. They rehearse halfway thru the HHN event run in order to start right when Halloween is over.

I've not heard either way on the situation with the Bourne theatre for event shows like this. I know there couldn't be any semi-permanent sets cause that would interupt daily ops of Bourne, but I wonder if they could strike a simpler one each night and utilize the screen tech in some way? Would be curious to hear logistics from someone who knows more about the space.
For the same reason they never used the Terminator space for an HHN show, is the same reason they would not use it now that it's Bourne. Guns.

Each person that comes into that building would need special ID clearance to operate and function around that building since there are firearms involved during daily ops. They would need to completely gut daily ops for costuming, makeup and have zero room for performers. The turnover time between daily and HHN wouldn't work.

Why is everyone convinced there is no lagoon show?
All I can really say is... trust me.
If they were to even contemplate a lagoon show, it would strictly be lasers and drones, but no water would be involved. However, my sources say it's not coming.

For the same reason they never used the Terminator space for an HHN show, is the same reason they would not use it now that it's Bourne. Guns.

Each person that comes into that building would need special ID clearance to operate and function around that building since there are firearms involved during daily ops. They would need to completely gut daily ops for costuming, makeup and have zero room for performers. The turnover time between daily and HHN wouldn't work.
So, I'm going to preface this by saying I know nothing about nothing so this is a legit question...but what does this mean?

I know some movie productions might use real fire arms with blanks and stuff, but I have to assume that all firearms in all universal attractions used fake ones. Now, they might have some kind of blanks fired to make the live fired rounds sound real...but are they have actual firearms with actual blanks or something that would necessitate said restrictions? We all know about the Rust movie incident and Brandon Lee, but curious as to how prop guns in a themepark cause limitations.

If the shows are using real firearms with blanks, or any weapons/props that have the SLIGHT potential to cause bodily harm if not used responsibly, I find that hard to believe. Even in Florida.

Again, not doubting anything...but if the show set/stage is so risky as to untrained people being present as there are "guns" present, that just seems insane to me.

Reactions: londonwerecat
So, I'm going to preface this by saying I know nothing about nothing so this is a legit question...but what does this mean?

I know some movie productions might use real fire arms with blanks and stuff, but I have to assume that all firearms in all universal attractions used fake ones. Now, they might have some kind of blanks fired to make the live fired rounds sound real...but are they have actual firearms with actual blanks or something that would necessitate said restrictions? We all know about the Rust movie incident and Brandon Lee, but curious as to how prop guns in a themepark cause limitations.

If the shows are using real firearms with blanks, or any weapons/props that have the SLIGHT potential to cause bodily harm if not used responsibly, I find that hard to believe. Even in Florida.

Again, not doubting anything...but if the show set/stage is so risky as to untrained people being present as there are "guns" present, that just seems insane to me.
Bourne uses real firearms with blanks, just as Terminator did. There is a training that they must go through every year to stay brushed up on safety at that venue.

Bourne uses real firearms with blanks, just as Terminator did. There is a training that they must go through every year to stay brushed up on safety at that venue.
Wow, this fascinates me. So, I swear, not being a !@#$.

A park that can bring dinosaurs to life and stuff like that, can't replicate a gunshot without a "real" weapon? That's crazy.

But I'm more interested in the fact that the weapons can't be secured "at night" allowing another show to take place? You'd think there'd be strict rules governing the storage and access to such items that using the venue shouldn't be an issue. I mean, I own guns and I make sure that NOBODY, especially children, can access them. Is that a bridge too far for a themepark?

You'd have to assume that John and Jane Doe operating beverage carts can't just fire up Velocicoaster at 1am to take a few rides on it. There have to be checks and balances and safe guards and redudancies taken into account. It can't just be "Bourne has firearms in it so lets just turn off the lights at 6pm."

If that's a problem too complex to figure out for HHN that's terrifying.

EDIT TO ADD:

My responses are more along the lines for using the venue for light show or whatever like Legacy said....I do understand the importance of having to train additional staff if the show were to run for another 6-8 hours a night requiring an extra shift to be trained using the required equipment for the show.

Last edited:

A park that can bring dinosaurs to life and stuff like that, can't replicate a gunshot without a "real" weapon? That's crazy.

But I'm more interested in the fact that the weapons can't be secured "at night" allowing another show to take place? You'd think there'd be strict rules governing the storage and access to such items that using the venue shouldn't be an issue. I mean, I own guns and I make sure that NOBODY, especially children, can access them. Is that a bridge too far for a themepark?

You'd have to assume that John and Jane Doe operating beverage carts can't just fire up Velocicoaster at 1am to take a few rides on it. There have to be checks and balances and safe guards and redudancies taken into account. It can't just be "Bourne has firearms in it so lets just turn off the lights at 6pm."

I'd imagine it has more to do with industry and safety standards than with competency. Best case scenario, they'd have to have specifically designated people to close the show down each day, allow access, close access, recertify the weapons and then reopen the show. This would likely be time intensive and potentially costly.

Now that we've seen some SS houses get indoor queues through other soundstages, I imagine it could be possible to take a soundstage offline for queuing and use the music plaza stage for something.

EDIT TO ADD:
My responses are more along the lines for using the venue for light show or whatever like Legacy said....I do understand the importance of having to train additional staff if the show were to run for another 6-8 hours a night requiring an extra shift to be trained using the required equipment for the show.
The weapons are fully secure and their measures are far more stringent than film sets, etc. which is why, because of the protocols, this would be a tough ask. They are super careful.

On a side note, they wouldn't be able to do much when it comes to aerialists and any special effects, etc other than fire due to the ceiling/catwalk limitations of their existing equipment. On top of this, there are WAY too many pitfalls for people to mess around with under the stage when it comes to the elevator lifts, chemicals, high pressure systems, etc. that some casual third party performer could be injured by. They could train all of these people, but again, way more money and time than it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.