Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but we are not getting a lagoon show this year. If there's an additional show, it will be set up with a stage. The magnitude of that show, I don't know, but the lagoon isn't happening.
Sad face.

Curious as to where they could even set up a 2nd stage.

Reactions: Ahmanet
GB and BJ were pretty strong houses. I'm biased because I love Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice lol. I ranked BJ at number 7 on my HHN 30 house rankings, but I still loved that house.

We’re biased towards Beetlejuice because in the first room where Beetlejuice is talking we had a great interaction with him.

My daughter yelled “Beetlejuice! It’s my birthday!” And without even looking at her he interrupted himself to yell “I don’t care!” Then when we got to the room exit below him he leaned over to her and said “hey, I hope you have a great birthday!”

Made her night because she loves interacting with house and zone people.

Sad face.

Curious as to where they could even set up a 2nd stage.

20824481108_5b533506a8_k.jpg

Carnage.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder where they could set up a second stage without creating an absolute bottleneck in what is already the most cramped artery for the event. The Lagoon show in 29 was wonderful, and while 30 was a spectacular dud, I really enjoyed the show last year too! It'll be a shame to lose the lagoon, especially if ST is indeed happening.

Last year was the best year for zones in a long while, and part of that was giving each of them room to breath. Throwing up another AoV-esque stage by Mels would be really unfortunate.

I wonder where they could set up a second stage without creating an absolute bottleneck in what is already the most cramped artery for the event. The Lagoon show in 29 was wonderful, and while 30 was a spectacular dud, I really enjoyed the show last year too! It'll be a shame to lose the lagoon, especially if ST is indeed happening.

Last year was the best year for zones in a long while, and part of that was giving each of them room to breath. Throwing up another AoV-esque stage by Mels would be really unfortunate.
With modern crowds, I can only imagine the kind of bottleneck a huge stage in the Mel’s area would create. I’d rather have just one show then have that mess - or ideally, they could put a top quality show in the Blue Man space.

I suspected the lagoon show would not appear this year, but our insiders didn’t seem to be hinting at its absence, so I erred on the side of hope.

Honestly, after the great showing last year, I’m a bit worried about the zones at this years event. Putting aside my distaste for the property, a LOU zone in addition to the house is worryingly reminiscent of the lackluster Walking Dead years. The more variety, the better - has a zone with the same theme as a house ever been really great? On top of that, if a crowd-drawing stage is going to be interfering with Hollywood and CP, you suddenly have a worrying zone situation.

Blue Man theatre is Grinchmas so that cuts that one out of the picture. They rehearse halfway thru the HHN event run in order to start right when Halloween is over.

I've not heard either way on the situation with the Bourne theatre for event shows like this. I know there couldn't be any semi-permanent sets cause that would interupt daily ops of Bourne, but I wonder if they could strike a simpler one each night and utilize the screen tech in some way? Would be curious to hear logistics from someone who knows more about the space.

I should clarify, I mean use the BOURNE space for a laser light show. Essentially do an indoors Marathon. You have the screen. You have the smoke. Shoot… you have fire.

This way you don’t even need to hire additional performers or worry about sets in the space. Just rock out in the AC for 20 minutes.

Regarding Bourne, you can roll out the stage props on a nightly basis as they do for scare zones and then use the screen to fill in the rest. Having a show at Bourne not only adds capacity, but moves people into Hollywood and could hopefully spread out crowds a bit more.

Putting a stage at Mel's would be a terrible decision. The last time AoV was there, they struggled to keep guests moving... and attendance wasn't at the level the event receives now.

I should clarify, I mean use the BOURNE space for a laser light show. Essentially do an indoors Marathon. You have the screen. You have the smoke. Shoot… you have fire.

This way you don’t even need to hire additional performers or worry about sets in the space. Just rock out in the AC for 20 minutes.
I am imagining that Bobs Burgers ep where he goes to the laser performance. I want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.