Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with Chucky? The first movie was pretty good. At least unlike Freddy his character has always been at least consistent.
It's just a personal preference. I'm not hating on all of you who like Chucky. It's a generational thing. When the first movie came out, i was already in college, and I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. Again, personal preference.. that's why the horror genre is so diverse. As my wife says, there is an ass for every seat. :)

I read an article in Variety talking about how they showed the full trailer for the Blumhouse Exorcist at some film fest last week, and I guess it scared the living hell out of the people in the theater. I was intrigued, so I found the "teaser trailer" on YouTube, and I have to say I've let go of my initial annoyance at the idea of a "new" Exorcist movie. It looks to have potential. However, the movie is scheduled to come out mid-October this year. How could this be up for a possible house when the movie doesn't drop until the event is almost over? I didn't think they did that, but I could be wrong.

Also, as for Stranger Things and the idea that they had to fight for rights to songs, I can't see Metallica being the issue. Did you all see the video where the guys from Metallica got with the kid who played Eddie Munson and did a jam with him? I think Metallica LOVED the exposure and hype their song got with the show. Why would they balk at allowing the song to be in an HHN house?

I read an article in Variety talking about how they showed the full trailer for the Blumhouse Exorcist at some film fest last week, and I guess it scared the living hell out of the people in the theater. I was intrigued, so I found the "teaser trailer" on YouTube, and I have to say I've let go of my initial annoyance at the idea of a "new" Exorcist movie. It looks to have potential. However, the movie is scheduled to come out mid-October this year. How could this be up for a possible house when the movie doesn't drop until the event is almost over? I didn't think they did that, but I could be wrong.

Also, as for Stranger Things and the idea that they had to fight for rights to songs, I can't see Metallica being the issue. Did you all see the video where the guys from Metallica got with the kid who played Eddie Munson and did a jam with him? I think Metallica LOVED the exposure and hype their song got with the show. Why would they balk at allowing the song to be in an HHN house?
They did have a house based on a movie yet to be released. I forget what it was tho. It was before I went. I believe it was in HHN 19 but I could be wrong. Sure someone will correct me.

They did have a house based on a movie yet to be released. I forget what it was tho. It was before I went. I believe it was in HHN 19 but I could be wrong. Sure someone will correct me.
The biggest one was Dracula Untold. I believe The Wolfman also had it's release date pushed back so it ended up being unreleased when it appeared as well. Lastly, I think the Saw house had a kill or two from the newest Saw movie that had yet to be released...or maybe released during the event.

Edit: Wolfman per Wikipedia
The film was delayed several times during production and was previously scheduled to be released on November 14, 2008, February 13, 2009, April 3, 2009, and November 6, 2009.

The biggest one was Dracula Untold. I believe The Wolfman also had it's release date pushed back to it ended up being unreleased when it appeared as well. Lastly, I think the Saw house had a kill or two from the newest Saw movie that had yet to be released...or maybe released during the event.
The "Insidious" section of Horrors of Blumhouse Vol 1 was also a full preview of The Last Key, which didn't release until the following January.

It's just a personal preference. I'm not hating on all of you who like Chucky. It's a generational thing. When the first movie came out, i was already in college, and I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. Again, personal preference.. that's why the horror genre is so diverse. As my wife says, there is an ass for every seat. :)

My daughter and I started watching all the “classics” after we started going to HHN.

As movies, our assessment is they largely disappoint, but we still have tons of fun working through them, partially because they are SO bad. Child’s Play, the first 2 Friday 13th, poltergeist, Cujo, original Texas chainsaw, you name it they are pretty bad. Our current top 5 of actual good movies includes Halloween, Trick or Treat, the Shining, Jaws (for real!), and Elm Street. Laughably poor writing and production for most of the rest. I’m sure someone else would say the same about our top 5 and reveres TCM or the Friday franchise as high art.

As you said, something for everyone!

Edited to add: on repeat viewings Halloween doesn’t quite hold up for us… maybe it’s the 20+ year old high school students…

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
ST 2019, Ghostbusters, The weekend, it’s debatable what IP was bigger. There should be no argument that Stranger things in 2023 is the biggest draw possibly ever in the history of the event. I honestly don’t see any current Series or Movie bigger. It hits every demographic of people who would attend HHN. People were covered in Stranger Things Merch last year and the IP wasn’t there. If true this is a big one!

From simply a Hollywood perspective as someone who was there for two nights in 2022 and one night for 2019, I would argue The Weeknd is pretty similar if not more demanding than ST due to the reach and accessibility. It never really died down for The Weeknd, not in merchandising, the bar, or the house.

Atleast from the limited glimpses that I saw.
That’s interesting, it was the opposite in Orlando. Even Halloween 1978 was bigger than the Weekend as far as wait times and overall response.

ST 2019, Ghostbusters, The weekend, it’s debatable what IP was bigger. There should be no argument that Stranger things in 2023 is the biggest draw possibly ever in the history of the event. I honestly don’t see any current Series or Movie bigger. It hits every demographic of people who would attend HHN. People were covered in Stranger Things Merch last year and the IP wasn’t there. If true this is a big one!

The fact that Stranger Things would constantly have to operate an additional hour after the event ended showed just how popular that IP truly was.

I heard people say the way she stood was how Vecna trapped his victims. I don’t know about that tho.

It looked to be made of some old clips from past HHN. Like a few of the people in the static looked a lot like past HHN scare actors. Their was also housewalk though videos they posted before.
The biggest point that stood out was them talking about two decades of history even though we are at HHN 32 this year

The biggest point that stood out was them talking about two decades of history even though we are at HHN 32 this year
If you listen closely, she says conspiracy 2 decades in the making and not the history of the event. So makes me think she didn’t mean HHN as an event at all.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Agreed. I think at this point, ST is bigger than it's ever been. Lines are going to be absolutely off the wall, we're headed back to 2018 crowds.

Now I just cross my fingers that they incorporate music from the IPs into Marathon of Mayhem again.

It’s probably an original. Remember Legacy tweeted a while ago Universal is using IP names as code names so DS is one of those and in reality it’s probably an original.
I don't watch it and I'm don't plan to, but I have to be honest I kind of wish Demon Slayer was happening. I'm always really intrigued when HHN makes left field choices for IPs.

I don't watch it and I'm don't plan to, but I have to be honest I kind of wish Demon Slayer was happening. I'm always really intrigued when HHN makes left field choices for IPs.
I could definitely be interesting. The same thing was said about The Weeknd and it ended up a great HHN house. Ghostbusters before that and StrTh before that. All then ended up great. Maybe not the scariest boy still great. DS would probably end up great too.

With that being said I still want it to be an original. I know nothing about DS and don’t plan to. Also originals are always way better then IPs IMO.

I could definitely be interesting. The same thing was said about The Weeknd and it ended up a great HHN house. Ghostbusters before that and StrTh before that. All then ended up great. Maybe not the scariest boy still great. DS would probably end up great too.

With that being said I still want it to be an original. I know nothing about DS and don’t plan to. Also originals are always way better then IPs IMO.
Beg to differ

Reactions: DodgsonHere
Status
Not open for further replies.